Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have access to this article?

It appears that Peggy resided at 158 Batar Creek Rd

24 Dec 2014 — Osteopath Peg Landon said each day William is missing the community changes more. Her property was one of the first searched on the Friday.

Back in 2019, soso posted a little bit more of that article ....

"Her property was one of the first searched on the Friday.
She has mostly cleared land, but it backs on to the Kendall State Forest where William may have wandered.
She and husband invited searchers to check sheds and dams immediately."
Thread 41, post 753

As you probably realise, 158 Batar Creek Road is at the Riding for Disabled School, where FM drove and turned around.
Searched on the very first day that William disappeared.

Last edited:
New ….. (different) article here …

In an interview with 60 Minutes in 2015, the foster mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, described the last moments she heard William playing with his sister outside before she stepped inside to make a cup of tea.

'He was playing daddy tiger... My last memory is his raaaarrrr. Then there was nothing,' she said.

'Now it's just silence. He has vanished.'

She described calling out to William from inside and asking 'can you see daddy's car?' as he pulled into the house.

'There was no answer.'

This is a different version of events to the ones I have seen previously. I was under the impression FFM was already looking for WT prior to FFF arriving home. But this article and interview is suggesting she didn't realise WT was missing until FFF got home

Is this bedding/blanket similar to the fabric that was found during the big dig?

This image is from the FGM Walkthru IIRC??? From the DM??? (Or is from somewhere else? )

The Walkthru when that footage was taken, was roughly a week later IIRC??
So if it was the same fabric, FGM would have needed a matching pair of blankets ….

The same fabric can not have been buried and then photographed a week after William went missing …… IMO……. so I don’t think so ….

JMO

This image is from the FGM Walkthru IIRC??? From the DM??? (Or is from somewhere else? )

The Walkthru when that footage was taken, was roughly a week later IIRC??
So if it was the same fabric, FGM would have needed a matching pair of blankets ….

The same fabric can not have been buried and then photographed a week after William went missing …… IMO……. so I don’t think so ….

JMO

Correct, it’s what was shown AFTER he went missing. But in my family at least it’s very common for the older generation (my mum, aunts, nans) to have exactly the same blanket on every bed. So I think it’s possible.

Attachments

• IMG_7977.jpeg
    IMG_7977.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7978.png
    IMG_7978.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7979.png
    IMG_7979.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
In an interview with 60 Minutes in 2015, the foster mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, described the last moments she heard William playing with his sister outside before she stepped inside to make a cup of tea.

'He was playing daddy tiger... My last memory is his raaaarrrr. Then there was nothing,' she said.

She described calling out to William from inside and asking 'can you see daddy's car?' as he pulled into the house.

'There was no answer.'

This is a different version of events to the ones I have seen previously. I was under the impression FFM was already looking for WT prior to FFF arriving home. But this article and interview is suggesting she didn't realise WT was missing until FFF got home
font size changed by me

I don't recall her saying in the 60 minutes interview that she went inside to make a cup or tea nor the phrase, as he pulled into the house. My opinion is that the writer is taking poetic license and embellishing.

At the same time in her interview L said she last saw WT running towards Daddy's car. At 1st I was bewildered by that comment but in the context of the FFC just saying, "can you see Daddy's car?" I have wondered if it more likely that she put her last memory of WT and that phrase together in her head... But there is always the possibility it could be a lot more literal than that I suppose....IMO

Last edited:

'There was no answer.'

Your bold bit is not accurate, typical rubbish from the DM , she NEVER said she was inside, she said they were outside sitting in the chairs drinking tea.

DM had the clickbait heading yesterday that described the Foster Parents as Adoptive ( which I can't find now ) :rolleyes:

Listen here about 11 min 40 secs

font size changed by me

I don't recall her saying in the 60 minutes interview that she went inside to make a cup or tea nor the phrase, as he pulled into the house. My opinion is that the writer is taking poetic license and embellishing.

At the same time in her interview L said she last saw WT running towards Daddy's car. At 1st I was bewildered by that comment but in the context of the FFC just saying, "can you see Daddy's car?" I have wondered if it more likely that she put her last memory of WT and that phrase together in her head... But there is always the possibility it could be a lot more literal than that I suppose....IMO
Exactly!

New Article

from the article:

"William insisted on wearing his Spider-Man suit, which the foster mother helped him dress in along with - she later said - a pair of matching shoes because the yard had prickly bindi weeds and dog droppings.

This is allegedly problematic because William's final photo - taken by the foster mother - shows him barefoot on the verandah of the house.

Police also allege that there were no prickly weeds in the grass and the foster grandma's dog had already died..."

Some of those things police call problematic do not seem problematic to me at all.

How many times did I help one of my toddlers put on their shoes in the morning, only to see them barefoot next time I looked? Kids are always taking off shoes and clothes on a whim. So that does not seem like very strong evidence at all.

And just because Grandma's dog had died, that doesn't mean there wouldn't be dog droppings on their front lawn. I assume there were lots of dogs and cats in the neighborhood.

I don't know about bindi weeds, but there are a lot of prickly stickers in yards with a lot of trees and foliage. Toddlers have tender feet so it is not unusual to want your child to have shoes on when running in the yard.

None of those three LE statements sound problematic to me.

Last edited:
font size changed by me

BBM. I thought what L said was that William went to look for Daddy's car. Which is not to imply that she saw the car or that Daddy returned at the same time as William's disappearance.

(She said she saw William run off and she said the reason was that he went to look for Daddy's car. But she couldn't explain how she formed that opinion about William's purpose.)

Handing the brief to the DPP is asking for an opinion if they have enough to charge. It is a very real possibility that what the police have is not enough.

I have worked in the past on prepping briefs for police submission to DPP including in NSW (not at all related to this case or any other death). In my limited experience - again not in serious crime - police won't lodge a brief of evidence with DPP unless they believe there is a case to answer - it's a massive investment of their time and energy to pull together a brief and DPP are not appreciative of time-wasters.

However once a case gets to the DPP, their considerations are broader than a simple crime being committed. From the NSW DPP Prosecution Guide: "In deciding whether to prosecute, the public interest is the paramount consideration. It has never been the rule that whenever sufficient evidence exists, a prosecution must take place" (emphasis mine). www.odpp.nsw.gov.au/prosecution-guidance/prosecution-guidelines

The above guidelines are quite short and written in plain English. It outlines the tests for deciding whether to prosecute, specific public interest considerations, including the impact of circumstantial evidence, and other considerations.

IMO I don't think police would have handed over an incomplete brief. A DPP decision to decline prosecution can even be made on a watertight brief if they believe those other considerations are paramount. - My team had multiple cases with admissions of guilt to serious white collar crime and solid briefs of evidence. In some states DPP would charge and court would ensuite. In other states DPP would decline to charge because the cost of prosecuting would exceed the value of the criminal activity. Because DPP did not think a successful prosecution would reduce similar crimes by the public, they said the public value test was not met. Those who had admitted to crimes received a police warning.

BBM. I thought what L said was that William went to look for Daddy's car. Which is not to imply that she saw the car or that Daddy returned at the same time as William's disappearance.

(She said she saw William run off and she said the reason was that he went to look for Daddy's car. But she couldn't explain how she formed that opinion about William's purpose.)
I've gone looking for her quote but am struggling to find it, maybe you could search for it as well as I can definitely see your point, it's just that I remember the wording a little differently to your recollection. So if anyone could help with a link that would be great.

I've gone looking for her quote but am struggling to find it, maybe you could search for it as well as I can definitely see your point, it's just that I remember the wording a little differently to your recollection. So if anyone could help with a link that would be great.
In Caroline Overington’s book ….

William’s Sister told Deborah Nelson “ Um William was playing on the balcony then he went off and was finding Daddy’s car”

From a Police Statement I believe …. Chapter 4, Missing William Tyrrell.

Hope that helps….

In retrospect, it was a screw-up from minute 1 when no crime scene was established and every man and his dog traipsed all over the property, inside and out, trashing any hope of serious and timely forensic examination.

IMO, the whole thing could be described as a comedy of errors, except that it isn't funny.
2 "wealthy" people from Sydney, who in addition were foster carers, and a wellknown elderly trustee from Kendall - that may have been a reason for official helpers/officers to be a bit/a bit more nervous and less objective. MOO

However once a case gets to the DPP, their considerations are broader than a simple crime being committed. From the NSW DPP Prosecution Guide: "In deciding whether to prosecute, the public interest is the paramount consideration. It has never been the rule that whenever sufficient evidence exists, a prosecution must take place" (emphasis mine). www.odpp.nsw.gov.au/prosecution-guidance/prosecution-guidelines

Also from that document, where the public interest test is listed second, after reasonable prospect of conviction on evidence:

1.2 The tests for deciding whether to prosecute

The decision to prosecute involves two questions:
  1. can it be said that there is no reasonable prospect of conviction on the admissible evidence?
  2. is the prosecution in the public interest?

There's also this audio, but in what's quoted, sister doesn't say anything about daddy's car. She says she doesn't know why William ran around the corner.

Back in 2019, soso posted a little bit more of that article ....

"Her property was one of the first searched on the Friday.
She has mostly cleared land, but it backs on to the Kendall State Forest where William may have wandered.
She and husband invited searchers to check sheds and dams immediately."
Thread 41, post 753

As you probably realise, 158 Batar Creek Road is at the Riding for Disabled School, where FM drove and turned around.
Searched on the very first day that William disappeared.
Thanks, SA, yes I was doing a bit of searching on the address of the old riding school and Peggy came up. So sheds and dams were searched at the time.

I found a post where you quote a (paywalled) DT article that does say that sister saw William running towards daddy's car.

I hope the link works because what appears in the caption is not the one.

I have worked in the past on prepping briefs for police submission to DPP including in NSW (not at all related to this case or any other death). In my limited experience - again not in serious crime - police won't lodge a brief of evidence with DPP unless they believe there is a case to answer - it's a massive investment of their time and energy to pull together a brief and DPP are not appreciative of time-wasters.

The above guidelines are quite short and written in plain English. It outlines the tests for deciding whether to prosecute, specific public interest considerations, including the impact of circumstantial evidence, and other considerations.

IMO I don't think police would have handed over an incomplete brief. A DPP decision to decline prosecution can even be made on a watertight brief if they believe those other considerations are paramount. - My team had multiple cases with admissions of guilt to serious white collar crime and solid briefs of evidence. In some states DPP would charge and court would ensuite. In other states DPP would decline to charge because the cost of prosecuting would exceed the value of the criminal activity. Because DPP did not think a successful prosecution would reduce similar crimes by the public, they said the public value test was not met. Those who had admitted to crimes received a police warning.
Great insight thank you for sharing

i keep on harking back to my memory of the comments made at closure of the Inquest (due to Covid - but it may have been timely) that ‘a new, previously unknown witness has come forward ‘
Yes, pure speculation, but I recall FM including detail about being seen by a passing truck when she was out driving around and searching for William down by the riding school. I wonder if this truck driver and/or dashcam footage was tracked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member