Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was William ever diagnosed with fetal alcohol syndrome or similar?

I have a deaf child (congenital, sensorineural) and a hearing child who had reoccurring mild to moderate hearing loss due to repeated bouts of “glue ear”.

I didn’t drink alcohol or take drugs or eat soft cheeses or processed meats or have any family history.

Glue ear, allergies, reoccurring croup, post viral coughs are reasonably common in children.

Behavioural issues in kids with a hearing loss is more common than not.

Being prescribed “asthma” medication doesn’t mean you have asthma. I’m prescribed it almost ever winter and I don’t have asthma.

RSBM

Being prescribed “asthma” medication doesn’t mean you have asthma. I’m prescribed it almost ever winter and I don’t have asthma.

In addition to the Ventolin and Flixotide ..... "If the asthma was particularly distressing for him RediPred needs to be given to assist with his breathing".

I don't know if that means he was diagnosed with asthma, but three different asthma medications were prescribed for different phases of the condition. About William

In addition to the Ventolin and Flixotide ..... "If the asthma was particularly distressing for him RediPred needs to be given to assist with his breathing".

I don't know if that means he was diagnosed with asthma, but three different asthma medications were prescribed for different phases of the condition. About William

I don’t know if he had asthma or not. Redipred I’m unfortunately familiar with as one of mine had chronic croup and was prescribed redipred.

As they approach teenage years, and into the teenage years, when normal rebellion sets in as nature prepares the child for future independence, things get more challenging. (Speaking from my own experience.)

Aside: Many years ago I was listening to psychologist and broadcaster Dr Hugh Mackay on ABC Radio. The topic was teenagers and he said something that made so much sense that I have never forgotten it, viz "Parents, it's important that teenagers be allowed to win the war of independence ... but on your terms".

William's BM said she tested positive after she had her children. Hence the removal of first one child then another child.
There was also admittedly domestic violence going on in the home.
These things can have a lasting affect on children as young as newborns.

"Because I had domestic violence and drugs and alcohol, marijuana. When I had to do a drug screen, I tested positive after I'd had my children." Link

Babies and toddlers are directly affected by trauma. They are also affected if their mother, father or main caregiver is suffering consequences of the trauma.
Trauma can have a serious effect on babies and toddlers. Many people wrongly believe that babies do not notice or remember traumatic events. Link
I asked for little W's age, because FFC said:

In one of her police statements, William's foster mother admitted that when they had taken William in, he had been violent and bitten her.

'[William] had personal issues... particularly towards me, ' she said. '

'We had to deal [with] things such as William hitting me, biting me and him being basically furious [that another child was at the foster parents' house].'

-.-.-

Saying that, when little W was 9 months old at the beginning of foster care, doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I asked for little W's age, because FFC said:

In one of her police statements, William's foster mother admitted that when they had taken William in, he had been violent and bitten her.

'[William] had personal issues... particularly towards me, ' she said. '

'We had to deal [with] things such as William hitting me, biting me and him being basically furious [that another child was at the foster parents' house].'

-.-.-

Saying that, when little W was 9 months old at the beginning of foster care, doesn't make sense.
She's talking about the first year she had him, but I find it hard to credit as well.

some children also suffer hearing loss from blows to the head or falling down hitting their head hard, some too can suffer after experiencing severe trauma and or abuse,

the medical report doesnt mention little william having asthma?
its heartbreaking to read he was often a sad lonely little boy with poor emotional wellbeing,
in my opinion his poor physical/mental health indicate possible abuse
im wondering what happened between that photo of him with a happy chubby little face with a black eye to the last roar photo where he looks sad and anguished and thin?

its heartbreaking to read he was often a sad lonely little boy with poor emotional wellbeing,
im wondering what happened between that photo of him with a happy chubby little face with a black eye to the last roar photo where he looks sad and anguished and thin?
That's all i'm seeing here too..

constantly shifting sands and withholding of love and touch and kindness will damage a young child. not to mention the abuse and yelling he was probably subjected to...like his step sister.. damaged beyond repair, full Stockholm syndrome.
Were his 'allergies' hereditary or his body response to that for which he had no words or mental understanding.

It's so easy to abuse children with impunity.

I do struggle to follow many of the comments that the FM has made over the years.

In some articles he was a "problem child" with behavioural issues and in others, he was the greatest child ever born.
Spot on Bear.

More and more information is coming out, I am sure it is being drip fed.

IMO if you did a poll 8 years ago 90% + people surveyed would believe little Will was snatched up in a nearly impossible scenario that we clearly see now.

The microscope is clear now, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
some children also suffer hearing loss from blows to the head or falling down hitting their head hard, some too can suffer after experiencing severe trauma and or abuse,

They would know the cause of William’s mild hearing loss. I’m guessing glue ear as that’s the most common. If it was caused by trauma, or inherited the medical professionals would certainly know.

They would know the cause of William’s mild hearing loss. I’m guessing glue ear as that’s the most common. If it was caused by trauma, or inherited the medical professionals would certainly know.
yes, glue ear.
But it was a very poorly written medical report.
Chronic cough!!
Cough is a symptom.
Not a disease!

yes, im sure, but often with small children suffering trauma or abuse, their trauma manifests as a physical symptom

yes, im sure, but often with small children suffering trauma or abuse, their trauma manifests as a physical symptom
For sure and it is extremely well documented

I think we can agree that William was taken to the hospital after the fall, where the staff are mandated reporters.
Why would you think we agree about that? We know that he fell off a stool and 'couldn't get up'. There's no mention of taking him to the doctor after that incident. She beat the kids with a wooden spoon - do you think she took them to a doctor to have them checked out after that? So why would you think his black eye was checked out? Very odd statement imho. If you have a source for that, please share.

I found the link that says that there was a friend (witness) there when William sustained his black eye.
And how William was then taken to the hospital.

Mr Attwood had warned the birth mother before the visit that William had a black eye. He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture.
William Tyrrell Inside Privileged Life

(Paraphrased) .... FM explained how William had fallen against a table, she then took him to the hospital as a precaution.
William Tyrrell Behind The Silence Lies So Much Pain
This seems to be an interview with the abusive foster mother and as such you can't trust it as far as you can throw it. Privileged life with a person who forces you to call her mum, yells, screams and hits your sister is no privileged life at all.

Yet FD agreed with a kind of "free range" parenting. Remember the comment he made about that?

I don't think they are so much control freaks as people who are unequipped to deal with the problems that foster children bring with them.

When children are small they are easier to manage. As they approach teenage years, and into the teenage years, when normal rebellion sets in as nature prepares the child for future independence, things get more challenging. (Speaking from my own experience.)
I originally assumed this was the case, perhaps wrongly. Going by the reporting, the abuse was in response to:
-the child not closing the front door properly after it had modifications
-the child losing some of their clothes
-the child not having time to complete a household chore.
To me the parents anger- including calling the child the c word - was totally disproportionate to these small misdemeanours, which could have been perpetrated by any child, foster or not. I suspect a biological child would have endured the same treatment.

I originally assumed this was the case, perhaps wrongly. Going by the reporting, the abuse was in response to:
-the child not closing the front door properly after it had modifications
-the child losing some of their clothes
-the child not having time to complete a household chore.
To me the parents anger- including calling the child the c word - was totally disproportionate to these small misdemeanours, which could have been perpetrated by any child, foster or not. I suspect a biological child would have endured the same treatment.
Yes, sadly, exactly this.

They wanted photo op children. Seen, not heard, little automatons.

IMO they expected children would make them perfect parents.

Neglecting to respect the trauma many of these children have already been exposed to....

Neglecting to understand that that's not the job of a child ever, to manage the adult's behavior. Geez.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member