Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FA seems to have gone from town to town all up the Pacific Highway wrecking havoc.IMO

Lots of lakes from Johns River up to Port Macquarie, also lots of thick scrub the other side of the highway.

And apparently heaps of cars to strip for metal. MOO

As well as being an indiscriminate sex offender (women, girls, boys, dog) he appears to have indiscriminate MOs.

Assaults children in people's homes and who knows where else.
Allegedly assaulted a dog in his caravan.
Assaulted and allegedly murdered 17-year old HH while she was riding her bike home, and buried her in a shallow grave.
May have assaulted and murdered 37-year old MC while she was walking home, and dumped her in a river.
May have assaulted and murdered 22-year old SI when she was hitchhiking, and dumped her in a forest.

And that is what we know about.

imo

The only thing that's a bit confusing with FA. IMO

If he dropped RP off for dialysis at the hospital - thereby having his car - giving him a means to drive to Kendall.

Why did RP say he later picked up FA and a child behind a shed? and drove them 300km north? IMO

Wouldn't FA have needed to come back to the hospital to pick up RP? IMO

Does that mean there was another person involved who passed WT onto FA?

I am just trying to get a sense of the opportunity (seems FA has that and a tie to the house through GO)and tying it in to RP's confession and how he left hospital that day? in his own car? driven by who?? MOO

I think they don't know whose car FA may have had.

He may have had RP's car.
He may have had one of DP's cars - keys were apparently left in the ignition.
He may have been with GO when GO went to the Kendall community centre that morning.

And as Slouth pointed out, he may have been staying with RP on the night of the 11th at the Kendall Showgrounds - just a hop, skip, and jump away from Benaroon Drive.

imo

Quite right … Thankyou …

I wonder why Police searched his caravan on Misty Way (GO’s place) if he didn’t live there in 2014??? (Or were they really searching GO at that time???, rather than FA specifically???)

Wonder how FA ended up living at the Parish property in 2014???

Yes agree he is a vile man …. But so far, nothing can place him at Benaroon that morning ….

And so far the car that Crabb‘s heard stopping at FGM house and leaving again, has never been accounted for either, that we know of ….

Let’s hope there are answers soon!!!

IMO
I wonder if the car they heard was the FM initially undisclosed car trip

The only thing that's a bit confusing with FA. IMO

If he dropped RP off for dialysis at the hospital - thereby having his car - giving him a means to drive to Kendall.

Why did RP say he later picked up FA and a child behind a shed? and drove them 300km north? IMO

Wouldn't FA have needed to come back to the hospital to pick up RP? IMO

Does that mean there was another person involved who passed WT onto FA?

I am just trying to get a sense of the opportunity (seems FA has that and a tie to the house through GO)and tying it in to RP's confession and how he left hospital that day? in his own car? driven by who?? MOO
I can't help but wonder if the FGM was aware of GO's (And his association with FA) previous criminal behaviour; if so, would she still have employed him to repair her deck?

It seems like she (And Opa before his passing) was active with others in the area on matters concerning Kendall. MOO

Edited to add: I can't find the link, but others might remember that a red vehicle was witnessed parked (Visitor?) at 48 Benaroon on the Thursday ... before the arrival of William to FGM's home.

Last edited:
If it was a little later than they thought, it might have been MFC. Drive up at speed, stop at letter box because hailed by FFC to break the news, a bit of turning, drive in to the driveway instead of off down the road.

Except the Crabbs heard the car "driving away".

10:10 – 10:05 : Mrs Crabb hears car sitting on back deck , about 40mins ( Mr Crabb said 10 mins ) after arriving home , thought “ sounded like the postman, car came up reasonably fast , did a u-turn & continued on it’s way” (from her evidence)
Thread 67, post 545

Peter and Sharelle Crabb, who lived at 51 Benaroon Drive at the time, heard the sound of a vehicle turning and driving away.

It had been a cold day and the windows and doors at 51 Benaroon Drive were closed when Sharelle Crabb said to Sgt Beacroft: “Listen, do you hear anything?”

When Sgt Beacroft did listen, she then “heard the sound of a car coming up Benaroon Drive”, although she hadn’t heard it when Mrs Crabb did “two to three seconds before I did”.

Last edited:
Edited to add: I can't find the link, but others might remember that a red vehicle was witnessed parked (Visitor?) at 48 Benaroon on the Thursday ... before the arrival of William to FGM's home.

The red vehicle was seen roaring up the street - possibly a Nissan Patrol.
The vehicle parked at FGM's house was thought to be a Land Rover Freelander - no colour specified.
Both vehicles seen the day before William disappeared.

On the day before William vanished, Mr Savage had seen a car he had not seen before or since “roar” up the street towards the fire trail.

He described it in a statement to police soon afterwards as a “dull red-coloured Nissan Patrol wagon, a 90s model with a square type build”.

In the late afternoon of that day, Mr Savage also saw a vehicle he believed to be a Land Rover Freelander visit the home of William’s foster grandmother.

Except the Crabbs heard the car "driving away".

10:10 – 10:05 : Mrs Crabb hears car sitting on back deck , about 40mins ( Mr Crabb said 10 mins ) after arriving home , thought “ sounded like the postman, car came up reasonably fast , did a u-turn & continued on it’s way” (from her evidence)
Thread 67, post 545

Peter and Sharelle Crabb, who lived at 51 Benaroon Drive at the time, heard the sound of a vehicle turning and driving away.

It had been a cold day and the windows and doors at 51 Benaroon Drive were closed when Sharelle Crabb said to Sgt Beacroft: “Listen, do you hear anything?”

When Sgt Beacroft did listen, she then “heard the sound of a car coming up Benaroon Drive”, although she hadn’t heard it when Mrs Crabb did “two to three seconds before I did”.

It did continue on its way--into FGM's driveway. The Crabbs had the idea it was the postie because, I suggest, of the abrupt stop at the end of the driveway. So when they heard further driving after the turning they were primed to think the car was driving away.

Did MFC give evidence of how he would turn in to FGM's drive? Did he say he'd drive straight in, or did he turn around first as a rule? I tend to think he'd drive straight in, because of the angle and the absence of oncoming traffic.

It did continue on its way--into FGM's driveway. The Crabbs had the idea it was the postie because, I suggest, of the abrupt stop at the end of the driveway. So when they heard further driving after the turning they were primed to think the car was driving away.

Did MFC give evidence of how he would turn in to FGM's drive? Did he say he'd drive straight in, or did he turn around first as a rule? I tend to think he'd drive straight in, because of the angle and the absence of oncoming traffic.
Theory--

The female caregiver returned from her clandestine drive, only to realize she had something incriminating with her, you know, like Wm's shoes, so she sped away in a second direction to discard them, as witnessed by the truck driver. MOO Bye, bye, Little Shoes. Into the sewer....

JMO

Theory--

The female caregiver returned from her clandestine drive, only to realize she had something incriminating with her, you know, like Wm's shoes, so she sped away in a second direction to discard them, as witnessed by the truck driver. MOO Bye, bye, Little Shoes. Into the sewer....

JMO
With all due respect Meg, I can’t see a ”second drive” occurring at 10:05am to fit with your theory ….. (and we are talking about the car heard at 10:05am specifically)

The timeline just wouldn’t fit for that to be a second drive … or it would be even tighter than it already is …..

Reasoning …

Photos at 9:37am …..(Reported as being correct) and if they were not correct, I don’t think the Police would have hesitated on the “perverting the course of justice“ charge ..

If your theory is correct, then photos at 9:37am …. William deceased and already removed from premises, and FM returning to FGM house (after initial disposal) before leaving again 10:05am.. a total of 28minutes for all of that to occur …..

Even if the “first” drive occurred at 10:05am it would be incredibly tight ..

JMO …

With all due respect Meg, I can’t see a ”second drive” occurring at 10:05am to fit with your theory ….. (and we are talking about the car heard at 10:05am specifically)

The timeline just wouldn’t fit for that to be a second drive … or it would be even tighter than it already is …..

Reasoning …

Photos at 9:37am …..(Reported as being correct) and if they were not correct, I don’t think the Police would have hesitated on the “perverting the course of justice“ charge ..

If your theory is correct, then photos at 9:37am …. William deceased and already removed from premises, and FM returning to FGM house (after initial disposal) before leaving again 10:05am.. a total of 28minutes for all of that to occur …..

JMO …
I don't think we can be at all specific about the time the Crabbs heard the car, because they disagree themselves. At least one of them is wrong, so it's not excessively venturesome to suppose both might be.

Just a further thought on RP possibly living at the Kendall Show Grounds in 2014 ….

If he was the Caretaker, at the period when William went missing, (September 2014) then as the Caretaker he would have been involved with assisting the Police, SES, and Volunteers in setting up the Showgrounds as the main search post….
(Things like unlocking gates and doors to kiosk areas etc ..)

Have we ever heard if RP was at the Showgrounds during that time??? Especially the first weekend ???

Perhaps the Police themselves can account for his presence that weekend?? (Or not?)

All IMO

I don't think we can be at all specific about the time the Crabbs heard the car, because they disagree themselves. At least one of them is wrong, so it's not excessively venturesome to suppose both might be.
Personally, I think the timing of hearing this car is what time Beaucroft and Laidlaw based their time on, as being the time they think William disappeared … (10:05 -10:10am )

But JMO

Personally, I think the timing of hearing this car is what time Beaucroft and Laidlaw based their time on, as being the time they think William disappeared … (10:05 -10:10am )

But JMO
I think they're taking into account all the things FFC said she did after missing William and before MFC got home.

Reasoning …

JMO …
Agreed, tight.

And yet, it's during that very narrow window that photos, Daddy Tiger, rolling dice, drawing memorial pictures, tea, Mommy Monster, Wm disappearing, the female caregiver disappearing, a drive and the foster grandmother going in search of the female caregiver all did occur!

Jmo

Just a further thought on RP possibly living at the Kendall Show Grounds in 2014 ….

If he was the Caretaker, at the period when William went missing, (September 2014) then as the Caretaker he would have been involved with assisting the Police, SES, and Volunteers in setting up the Showgrounds as the main search post….
(Things like unlocking gates and doors to kiosk areas etc ..)

Have we ever heard if RP was at the Showgrounds during that time??? Especially the first weekend ???

Perhaps the Police themselves can account for his presence that weekend?? (Or not?)

All IMO
Was RP living at two places at the time? Wauchope and also the showgrounds?

Was RP living at two places at the time? Wauchope and also the showgrounds?
I think it went John’s River initially, (earlier than possibly 2012), then Kendall Showgrounds, then he moved to Wauchope, then to Bethany Nursing Home, and then to the final nursing home starting with “M” ….

But could be incorrect …

All IMO ….

I think it went John’s River initially, (earlier than possibly 2012), then Kendall Showgrounds, then he moved to Wauchope, then to Bethany Nursing Home, and then to the final nursing home starting with “M” ….

But could be incorrect …

All IMO ….
What makes you think RP ever lived at Johns River?

I think they could hear the car driving away - Laura Beacroft noticed how well she could hear a car through closed windows and a closed house. And the Crabbs were on the deck when they heard the car ... even easier to hear.

I'm not thinking that a car driving away sounds like a car pulling into the driveway across the road and stopping.

But that is just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back