Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds as if FA may have moved (back) to John's River after William disappeared.

Jan Anderson met convicted paedophile Frank Abbott when she was running the general store across the road from where he lived at Johns River.
She told the inquest after the toddler disappeared, he used to "talk quite a bit about William Tyrrell going missing."
Link

I wonder why he moved to Heron's Creek in the first place. Due to TK's disappearance (then found) in John's River? Or some other matter he was evading?

imo
He got kicked out of John's river if I remember correctly - was that where he was charged with a SA, but got off??

This is really so much to keep track off :rolleyes:

Can any one confirm the dates that RP was the Caretaker of the Kendall Showgrounds????

Was that in 2014???? (Or had he moved to Wauchope by then???)

Just thinking, if RP was living at the Kendall Showgrounds as a Caretaker in 2014, and he did pick up FA on the 11th (as per DP’s testimony at the inquest) is there a chance that FA stayed the night at Ray’s place?? That could put FA awfully close to Benaroon Drive, on the morning of the 12th??? (If he was at Kendall Showgrounds)

IMO

Found this from the witness who owners the property with the communication tower ( I'm going to call him Mr Tower lol )

Came to Mid North Coast in 1993, lived in various areas.

Craddock : During this time met a man named Ray Porter.

Mr T : Yes known for more than 20 yrs. Met thru mutual friend Troy Brown ( deceased ) who owned servo @ Kendall.

Craddock : At some point di RP do odd jobs for Tony @ servo?

MR T : Yes, he helped him around the place.

Craddock : Tony got sick around 2013?

Mr T : He gave up servo & stayed home with wife on Foxes Creek Rd where they lived.

Craddock : RP had up till that time lived in caravan Tony's ( servo ) . RP moved to Wauchope?

Mr T : Lost contact with RP for awhile. Used to see Tony.

Craddock : Didn't go to see RP in Wauchope. Whilst Tony @ home still doing occasional rego checks?

Mr T : Yes

Craddock : Do you know he did some rego checks at Foxes Creek Rd?

TP : Yes

Craddock : While RP living at Tony's in caravan, did he have old commodore station wagon?

Craddock : Model?

Mr T : Fairly early 1990's

Craddock : Colour/

Mr T : White, may have had tinted windows, Harley Davidson sticker on back - maybe- thought unusual & why I remember it.

Craddock : Did you know RP to be a fisherman?

MR T : Yes, loves his fishing.

Craddock : Bring some home?

Mr T : Yes balck fish.

Craddock : Tell you where he catch them?

Mr T : Dunbogan, under the bridge.

Craddock : Anyone went fishing with him?

Mr T : Yes FA

Craddock : So thru RP did you meet FA?

Craddock : See often?

Mr T : Come to club & play pokies- occasionally come to my house.

Craddock : In your statement sat FA hanging around RP for his car?

Mr T : RP complained FA never putting in for petrol.

Last edited:
I wonder why he moved to Heron's Creek in the first place. Due to TK's disappearance (then found) in John's River? Or some other matter he was evading?

He got kicked out of John's river if I remember correctly - was that where he was charged with a SA, but got off??
IIRC these two things are related ….

Yes FA was acquitted of SA against a girl, I think you are correct there Doc, with her being from John’s River …

And Rev Martin Parish arranged for FA to move to Herrons Creek as part of his bail conditions for that offence …. IIRC Martin Parish also travelled to Sydney for that particular bail hearing …

IMO

Than from IN

Craddock : Did you know person by the name Anthony ( Tony ) Brown?

IN : Yeah lived at Kendall & was a mechanic.

Craddock : FA took you there once something to do with registration?

IN : Yeah possibly, near showground.

Craddock : Does Foxes Creek Rd ring any bells?

In : No

Craddock : Did you know at some point at least, that he had a service station?

IN : Yes, Kew

Craddock : Kendall & Kew basically run into each other.

They than talk abit about the murder @ old Bar......

Craddock : That was around Dec 2019. Also fella hit by car on Rd @ John's River & killed. Police asking locals.

IN : Husband with NS ( friend of husbnads )

Craddock : You & husbannd remained friends with FA?

IN : Yeah spoke about horses, sometimes talk 3-4 times a day.

Craddock : Was there another fellow you saw with FA?

IN : Yes RP, good friend of FA's.

Craddock : Do you know where he lived, what he did?

In : No , kidney problem- later on dialysis. At the time staying at caravan park @ Kendall-

Craddock : Moved to house/unit at Wauchope. Know relative had something to do with showground at Kendall?

In : No

snip

Craddock : While FA living ay Herron's Creek- went to Kendall with friend RP?

IN : Yeah, RP used to live at showground.

Craddock : Did you know if he had a job at showground?

IN: No sure, didn't say

Craddock : see RP & FA sometimes in Kew at coffee shop?

IN : Yeah antique shop, Liz Rowley ran it

Craddock : Did you & Dooley Liz Rowley was wife to local policeman?

IN : Yes she did tell us.

Craddock : So you saw RP at your place sometimes when dropping FA off?

IN : Yes, old station wagon?

Craddock : know model?

IN : No

Craddock : Did you tell police , one of last times you spoke to FA he had to go & baby sit at caravan park in Dunbogan?

IN : Yes

Craddock : Did it strike you as odd, FA a baby sitter?

IN : Laughed

Craddock : showed IN a phone # on a piece of paper . Is that your phone #?

IN : yes

Craddock : Know that phone # recorded as being in contact with FA' phone on quite a # of occasions in sep 2014. Is that the landline?

IN : Yes

Craddock : From the 15/9/14- you speak to FA?

IN : no , husband did

Craddock : Did Dooley & FA ever have a falling out?

In : No I don't think so.

FA didn't really have any questions for IN

I'm not sure that these help you any with your initial question SLouTH ...........

Found this from the witness who owners the property with the communication tower ( I'm going to call him Mr Tower lol )

Came to Mid North Coast in 1993, lived in various areas.

Craddock : During this time met a man named Ray Porter.

Mr T : Yes known for more than 20 yrs. Met thru mutual friend Troy Brown ( deceased ) who owned servo @ Kendall.

Craddock : At some point di RP do odd jobs for Tony @ servo?

MR T : Yes, he helped him around the place.

Craddock : Tony got sick around 2013?

Mr T : He gave up servo & stayed home with wife on Foxes Creek Rd where they lived.

Craddock : RP had up till that time lived in caravan Tony's ( servo ) . RP moved to Wauchope?

Mr T : Lost contact with RP for awhile. Used to see Tony.

Craddock : Didn't go to see RP in Wauchope. Whilst Tony @ home still doing occasional rego checks?

Craddock : Do you know he did some rego checks at Foxes Creek Rd?

Craddock : While RP living at Tony's in caravan, did he have old commodore station wagon?

Craddock : Model?

Mr T : Fairly early 1990's

Craddock : Colour/

Mr T : White, may have had tinted windows, Harley Davidson sticker on back - maybe- thought unusual & why I remember it.

Craddock : Did you know RP to be a fisherman?

MR T : Yes, loves his fishing.

Craddock : Bring some home?

Mr T : Yes balck fish.

Craddock : Tell you where he catch them?

Mr T : Dunbogan, under the bridge.

Craddock : Anyone went fishing with him?

Mr T : Yes FA

Craddock : So thru RP did you meet FA?

Craddock : See often?

Mr T : Come to club & play pokies- occasionally come to my house.

Craddock : In your statement sat FA hanging around RP for his car?

Mr T : RP complained FA never putting in for petrol.
Thanks so much Doc!

Wonder if Mr Brown may have also been called to give evidence if he wasn't also deceased??

I'm not sure that these help you any with your initial question SLouTH ...........
Yes … thanks again so very much …. Greatly appreciated!!

It confirms that RP did live at the Kendall Show Grounds … just not sure about September 2014 ….

IMO

Thanks so much Doc!

Wonder if Mr Brown may have also been called to give evidence if he wasn't also deceased??

Yes … thanks again so very much …. Greatly appreciated!!

It confirms that RP did live at the Kendall Show Grounds … just not sure about September 2014 ….

IMO
Would be helpful if more dates were given in evidence!

Maybe someone could do a post with all the years & where everyone was? ;)

Would be helpful if more dates were given in evidence!

Maybe someone could do a post with all the years & where everyone was? ;)
LOL!!! That would be impossible as we don’t know if any of it is truthful from FA, at least …. He seems to try and contradict everything!!!

Maybe a few dates may come out in the next tranche hopefully!!!!

IMO

IIRC these two things are related ….

Yes FA was acquitted of SA against a girl, I think you are correct there Doc, with her being from John’s River …

And Rev Martin Parish arranged for FA to move to Herrons Creek as part of his bail conditions for that offence …. IIRC Martin Parish also travelled to Sydney for that particular bail hearing …

IMO

It might have been another matter that made FA move to Heron's Creek. FA says he moved to Heron's Creek in 2012, before William disappeared.

The sexual assault against the child was in 2015. It happened in a relative of MP's home. Initially FA was refused bail till MP found him a place to live, then FA was bailed. He couldn't attend church until late 2016 (the court matter was completed with a not guilty verdict at that time).

This vile man is a serial sexual offender.

imo

The timeline is what disturbs me the most + the conflicting stories + important information that was initially witheld - this is why the FM has publicly been outed by Police "as the sole person of interest" IMO.

Police would have surely had FA high on their suspect list at some stage in the investigation and the fact that they are recommending charges against the FM says a lot to me.

If Police had any doubts about FA possible involvement they would not have spent the last few years down this road IMO.
The 'police' are not all in total agreement according to sources discussed in earlier threads. There were still detectives that were still suspicious of the local pedophiles---but a couple of them spearheaded the sudden shift in direction---some say that shift was created by the letter sent to them and signed by the anti-foster family activist, that boldly accused the fosterers.

At that point everything quickly shifted---but it was not ALL police in unison that wanted to give up on the previous investigation of FA and GO. JMO

I was following the inquest closely, up until its sudden ending----and we all were breathlessly awaiting FA's possible testimony. He was having his representative asking witnesses questions, IIRC, and it was said that he was going to be in the dock after the break.

But then everything made a sudden left turn...And I am not so sure they found everything they expected to find in this recent quest.

Last edited:
It might have been another matter that made FA move to Heron's Creek. FA says he moved to Heron's Creek in 2012, before William disappeared.

The sexual assault against the child was in 2015. It happened in a relative of MP's home. Initially FA was refused bail till MP found him a place to live, then FA was bailed. He couldn't attend church until late 2016 (the court matter was completed with a not guilty verdict at that time).

This vile man is a serial sexual offender.

imo
Quite right … Thankyou …

I wonder why Police searched his caravan on Misty Way (GO’s place) if he didn’t live there in 2014??? (Or were they really searching GO at that time???, rather than FA specifically???)

Wonder how FA ended up living at the Parish property in 2014???

Yes agree he is a vile man …. But so far, nothing can place him at Benaroon that morning ….

And so far the car that Crabb‘s heard stopping at FGM house and leaving again, has never been accounted for either, that we know of ….

Let’s hope there are answers soon!!!

IMO

The 'police' are not all in total agreement according to sources discussed in earlier threads. There were still detectives that were still suspicious of the local pedophiles---but a couple of them spearheaded the sudden shift in direction---some say that shift was created by the letter sent to them and signed by the anti-foster family activist, that boldly accused the fosterers.

At that point everything quickly shifted---but it was not ALL police in unison that wanted to give up on the previous investigation of FA and GO. JMO

I was following the inquest closely, up until its sudden ending----and we all were breathlessly awaiting FA's possible testimony. He was having his representative asking witnesses questions, IIRC, and it was said that he was going to be in the dock after the break.

But then everything made a sudden left turn...And I am not so sure they found everything they expected to find in this recent quest.

Yes, good call.

Plus Lonergan was part of the original task force, who then became a leading force of the task force in 2020. He would have his own preconceived ideas of who he thought was responsible. And it is very apparent that many others did not agree with him.

Eg: Lambert wanted them to look at postie, Rupp thought it was BS, Jubes always thought PS was lying about something .......

imo

Quite right … Thankyou …

I wonder why Police searched his caravan on Misty Way (GO’s place) if he didn’t live there in 2014??? (Or were they really searching GO at that time???, rather than FA specifically???)

Wonder how FA ended up living at the Parish property in 2014???

Yes agree he is a vile man …. But so far, nothing can place him at Benaroon that morning ….

And so far the car that Crabb‘s heard stopping at FGM house and leaving again, has never been accounted for either, that we know of ….

Let’s hope there are answers soon!!!

IMO

I think it must have been another matter that got FA "kicked out" of John's River. Maybe even the matter of TK.

I certainly would never take FA's word for it that he moved to Heron's Creek in 2012. Could have been later than that, but before William disappeared. He is a lying liar who lies.

imo

Something happened in John's River ... we just don't know what it was. imo

Maybe in searching Misty Way they were looking for evidence of a different crime (as well).

"You know you weren't liked in Johns River - all the kids were warned to stay away from you," Janice Tissisiz told Abbott. Link

The timeline is what disturbs me the most + the conflicting stories + important information that was initially witheld - this is why the FM has publicly been outed by Police "as the sole person of interest" IMO.

Police would have surely had FA high on their suspect list at some stage in the investigation and the fact that they are recommending charges against the FM says a lot to me.

If Police had any doubts about FA possible involvement they would not have spent the last few years down this road IMO.
FA and his skills to escape most charges very easy makes him a verrry good partner in crime, MOO. No matter, who you think of and who once possibly needed help in a one-time-crime.

Just want to mention, also, that GO "doesn't remember" if he spoke with FA/saw FA/gave FA a ride to Kendall that day.

Owen told the court he couldn't remember if he had contact with Abbott the day of the disappearance.
See I have contracted Parkinson's Disease and my memory I shot to pieces," he said.

Just want to mention, also, that GO "doesn't remember" if he spoke with FA/saw FA/gave FA a ride to Kendall that day.

Owen told the court he couldn't remember if he had contact with Abbott the day of the disappearance.
See I have contracted Parkinson's Disease and my memory I shot to pieces," he said.

Possibly a very “convenient” memory lapse for that morning ??? IMO

Or else, too afraid to tell the truth???

The fear expressed by many about FA, would certainly hinder persons coming forward … IMO ..with him making threats to kill people who dared to speak up, about his other crimes …

IMO

drsleuth had replied to you before that the new witness was Anna Baker who heard the scream coming from the area of where FA lived.

Thread 74, post 799

It wasn't until Anna heard where FA lived that she realised that the scream she heard may have some significance.

imo
Thanks SA - however I had a gut feeling that there was something more than that, warranting the mention.

Surely if this drive “with William” did occur, they would be one step closer to solving the case???

I noticed another bit in an article. Just wondering where this "sick relative" lived and if FA (or FA & RP) had to drive far to see the relative.

MP said at the inquest that FA did not attend the monthly church service - two days after William disappeared - because he was visiting a sick relative. (paraphrased)
This would likely be during the three-day period in which FA's phone didn't move. imo

Last edited:
The only thing that's a bit confusing with FA. IMO

If he dropped RP off for dialysis at the hospital - thereby having his car - giving him a means to drive to Kendall.

Why did RP say he later picked up FA and a child behind a shed? and drove them 300km north? IMO

Wouldn't FA have needed to come back to the hospital to pick up RP? IMO

Does that mean there was another person involved who passed WT onto FA?

I am just trying to get a sense of the opportunity (seems FA has that and a tie to the house through GO)and tying it in to RP's confession and how he left hospital that day? in his own car? driven by who?? MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back