Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday 23 February 2024
Inquest into the Disappearance and Suspected Death of William TYRRELL
Directions Hearing
Forensic Medicine and Coroner’s Court Complex, 1A Main Ave, Lidcombe
Courtroom Two at 9:30am
Before her Honour Magistrate Grahame, Deputy State Coroner

- from Upcoming inquests, Coroners Court New South Wales, updated today, 16 Feb 2024, so I suppose it's correct?

(found by a good sleuth - not me !)

Didn’t we have a date of 4th March for the start of the ‘new’ Inquest. So is this Directions Hearing, going to postpone that.

The Directions hearing was always scheduled for 23rd Feb. We just couldn't find the listing before.

The resumption of the inquest is meant to run from 4th to 15th March, I believe.

imo

Friday 23 February 2024
Inquest into the Disappearance and Suspected Death of William TYRRELL
Directions Hearing
Forensic Medicine and Coroner’s Court Complex, 1A Main Ave, Lidcombe
Courtroom Two at 9:30am
Before her Honour Magistrate Grahame, Deputy State Coroner

- from Upcoming inquests, Coroners Court New South Wales, updated today, 16 Feb 2024, so I suppose it's correct?

(found by a good sleuth - not me !)
haha, i was just about to copy and paste this here:D

I wonder if the foster grandmother wasn't looked at as a POI in error, assuming they'd be no way for the suspected events to have occurred without her awareness.

Wasn't it reported that the FGM died in 2020 of dementia related illness? From the footage I have seen of her, I suspect that she was already suffering this in 2014. So that would explain why she was unsure of times, people etc. Her demeanor is very similar to what I have seen in other dementia sufferers.
Would also explain why police never really relied on her accounts.

I wonder if the foster grandmother wasn't looked at as a POI in error, assuming they'd be no way for the suspected events to have occurred without her awareness.

Wasn't it reported that the FGM died in 2020 of dementia related illness? From the footage I have seen of her, I suspect that she was already suffering this in 2014. So that would explain why she was unsure of times, people etc. Her demeanor is very similar to what I have seen in other dementia sufferers.
I don't believe her cause of death was reported. I've also suspected that she had dementia, but nothing I've read backs that up. When her account differs from FFC's, it's open to guessing which if either of them is to be believed and what is the reason for the discrepancy.

That's interesting. Can you please point out exactly what makes you suspect dementia in 2014 as I thought she seemed sharp as a tack in the limited footage I had seen of her walkthrough. TIA

remember way back when they were searching for william a person said a truck driver witnessed a fair haired woman by a black car at the side of the road acting strangely?
wondering if this is when fm took her drive in her mothers car?
i think she was described as large though?
also theres part of the fgms walkthrough video in this link, she seems coherent enough, no apparent dementia?

Last edited:
remember way back when they were searching for william a person said a truck driver witnessed a fair haired woman by a black car at the side of the road acting strangely?
That description would not fit the FM ... if the memorized description was correct!
also theres part of the fgms walkthrough video in this link, she seems coherent enough, no apparent dementia?
I understand (Not an Expert) that in early dementia, some of the memories are described correctly ... others not necessarily, and questions to the person can draw a 'blank;.

I believe, that an older person (like FGM) is often persuaded, that they are remembering things incorrectly, even without a case of child abduction or murder having happened in their immediate vicinity. If it suits them, relatives like to claim, that you are showing signs of dementia, because you say something, that they themselves do not want to know or would like to have presented differently to others. As the elderly one, you have almost no chance. You will always be the one with the allegedly failing memory, true or not true.
The younger ones, who claim, that mom is getting old and her memory is no longer okay, are also portraying themselves as loyal, understanding carers. In reality, they are (sometimes) just taking advantage of the situation. The younger ones are uncomfortable with a truth - the older one, of course, remembered it wrongly. Easy peasy. MOO

New hearing dates have been set for one week beginning 4th Nov 2024 and one week beginning 16th Dec 2024. The Police have still not provided answers they were due to provide at the end of January.

New hearing dates have been set for one week beginning 4th Nov 2024 and one week beginning 16th Dec 2024. The Police have still not provided answers they were due to provide at the end of January.
Many thanks Marg ... would you be able to post the link for this news please. tyi

Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC told the court in September that it was expected that the DPP’s advice would be delivered to police by January this year.

The matter returned to court for a directions hearing on Friday, with Mr Craddock telling the court that he had still not received an update from the DPP after they had not met that January deadline.

“We were hoping for an update as to where that was at before now, we were told at the end of January we’d be told something,” Mr Craddock told the court on Friday.

“As of today, that seems not to have been resolved and we haven’t got an update and we don’t know when we’ll get one.”

The court heard that the inquest could not proceed until a decision had been made by the DPP about any possible charges.

The matter was set to return to court for a two-week block of hearings next month but that has now been pushed back.

The coroner will now oversee two weeks of hearings in the weeks starting November 4 and December 16.

The court heard that counsel assisting the coroner was also awaiting a report from the Officer in Charge of the investigation as to the steps taken by detectives following the adjournment of the inquest in October 2020.

Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame on Friday also granted leave to lawyers for the NSW Police Commissioner to appear before the inquest, which is likely to examine police standard operating procedure in relation to missing persons.

The matter will return to court in August for a further directions hearing.

I believe, that an older person (like FGM) is often persuaded, that they are remembering things incorrectly, even without a case of child abduction or murder having happened in their immediate vicinity. If it suits them, relatives like to claim, that you are showing signs of dementia, because you say something, that they themselves do not want to know or would like to have presented differently to others. As the elderly one, you have almost no chance. You will always be the one with the allegedly failing memory, true or not true.
The younger ones, who claim, that mom is getting old and her memory is no longer okay, are also portraying themselves as loyal, understanding carers. In reality, they are (sometimes) just taking advantage of the situation. The younger ones are uncomfortable with a truth - the older one, of course, remembered it wrongly. Easy peasy. MOO
sadly, so true!!

“As of today, that seems not to have been resolved and we haven’t got an update and we don’t know when we’ll get one.”

Why am I not surprised? IMO the ODPP doesn't want to touch this with the proverbial barge pole.

Nonetheless, IMO it's time that someone put pressure on the ODPP and NSW Police to put up or shut up.

The inquest will not resume for hearing until the week of November 4 and week of December 16. -- SMH 11:06am

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back