Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Two foster care workers responsible for William Tyrrell at the time he was reported missing say they fear the three-year-old has been “exploited” since and become a “footnote” in the ongoing police investigation.

Michelle White and Ben Atwood have spoken publicly for the first time since William disappeared on September 12, 2014 in interviews with the news.com.au podcast Witness: William Tyrrell."

Loved the line by Dan...

Dan : I've seen them turn up in court, taking photographs of themselves, flashing V signs with the police in the background, like they are some kind of celebrities in a homicide investigation"

32:06 mins

Yep, seen it myself :rolleyes: :confused:
I don’t even need any context, l know exactly who he is talking about!

Bombshell twist in disappearance of William Tyrrell as shocking discovery is made at house of 'person of interest'​

Of particular interest in the podcast released today …. Dan knows of persons who still haven’t been able to give an alibi for that fateful morning, (nor have they been asked publicly by Police to do so…)
I do wonder if any new identities will be tossed up in regards to this???

(Or for those of us who have followed the case closely over the last 10 years, it will be persons already known to the case ???)

He also states quite adamantly that evidence in the case is missing. .. I wonder if he will elaborate on that ???

JMO

"Two foster care workers responsible for William Tyrrell at the time he was reported missing say they fear the three-year-old has been “exploited” since and become a “footnote” in the ongoing police investigation.

Michelle White and Ben Atwood have spoken publicly for the first time since William disappeared on September 12, 2014 in interviews with the news.com.au podcast Witness: William Tyrrell."

From your link ….and also stated in the Podcast:Witness:William Tyrrell

Ms White travelled to Kendall the day after William went missing, and spent several days taking photographs and making notes on what she saw there……

And

Ms White said she was not questioned by police about what she saw during this time,

I find this interesting ….. that MW’s notes and photos were not looked at by Police (or even subpoenaed???? Which would also mean the Coroner wouldn’t have seen that documentation either …..??? )

I would have thought that any photos during that time would be particularly helpful, considering at that time Police thought he was “little boy lost” and that there appears to be so little evidence from the early part of the investigation …. But just IMO

MW’s recollection of Fosters’ behaviours and distress, seems to be so different to the media portrayal of them in the early stages … and, as allegedly, via Wendy Hudson’s Statement of cooking early dinner and drinking wine etc …. Although MW didn’t arrive until the next day …. So may not have been aware ??

Reference: MW - Michelle White Young Hope

IMO

Last edited:
Thankyou Dan. Bravo. Looking forward to future episodes.

A man once considered a “person of interest” by police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell had a “shrine” to the missing child at the end of his bed.

The collage of images, discovered in the years after William went missing and featuring photographs of him from media reports, dominated a wall in the man’s isolated house near where the toddler was reported missing.

More at link
Interesting that this person also has no alibi …..

When questioned during news.com.au’s podcast investigation Witness: William Tyrrell, the man said he was “different from the mainstream” and had no alibi for the morning the three-year-old went missing, but denied any involvement.

And not called to give evidence to the coroner …..

IMO

Most likely, and contrary to the opinion of most, I still believe the name of the person responsible is in that Police file somewhere … JMO

When questioned during news.com.au’s podcast investigation Witness: William Tyrrell, the man said he was “different from the mainstream” and had no alibi for the morning the three-year-old went missing, but denied any involvement.

IMO

Most likely, and contrary to the opinion of most, I still believe the name of the person responsible is in that Police file somewhere … JMO
Is this potential POI the person that lived nearby in the odd house that could seen close to William's grandma's house?

Is this potential POI the person that lived nearby in the odd house that could seen close to William's grandma's house?
No, as per above…..
But there are very few reasons a court will suppress a name, as in this case, of that particular neighbour…..

There has to be a reason for that ??? Which makes you wonder about his past behaviours ….. and 3 Police searches in the first 24 hours of William going missing ….

JMO

A key witness in the William Tyrrell case has revealed the stunning question police asked her as never-before-seen photos emerge of the home where the boy disappeared.

Heath Parkes-Hupton and Dan Box

October 8, 2024 - 1:59PM

Detectives investigating William Tyrrell’s disappearance wrongly suspected the parents of missing four-year-old Cleo Smith were involved in her disappearance, causing one witness to question their judgement in his case.

snip

News.com.au can also reveal previously-unseen photographs of the house where three-year-old William was reported missing on September 12, 2014, taken by Ms White in the days that followed.

Over the next week, she took photographs, as well as lengthy notes of her interactions with his foster parents, but was not questioned by police about what she saw.

Police only took possession of the photographs years later, after Ms White volunteered them.

Five days after seizing the photographs – showing heavy furniture in place on the veranda – William’s foster mother was questioned over whether he had fallen from there.

Police contacted Ms White again two years later, December 2023, Ms White said a detective asked her if William’s foster mother had access to any other cars around the time he was reported missing.

1728363671515.jpeg

1728363687377.jpeg

1728363754168.jpeg

Police contacted Ms White again two years later, December 2023, Ms White said a detective asked her if William’s foster mother had access to any other cars around the time he was reported missing.
Thanks for the article and link Doc…..

This is outrageous, in my opinion, that the Police took until December 2023 to ask that question (almost 10 years later…. And putting that date into perspective, just last Christmas…. )

Police seized the FGM car in 2021! And two years later they are asking about possible other cars ?????

Did the police not have 24hour presence at-the FGM house from when William went missing ???? Surely they should have known the answer to this question themselves .????

I do hope that the Coroner recommends a full inquiry into this entire investigation ….. JMO ….

Even if one day William is found, I am not convinced that anyone will ever be prosecuted (unless he is found along with loads of tangible evidence) …… especially when you consider the NSW Police Prosecution couldn’t convince a Judge alone, in the recent Amber Haigh Case … it does not give me great confidence …..

IMO

Thanks for the article and link Doc…..

This is outrageous, in my opinion, that the Police took until December 2023 to ask that question (almost 10 years later…. And putting that date into perspective, just last Christmas…. )

Police seized the FGM car in 2021! And two years later they are asking about possible other cars ?????

Did the police not have 24hour presence at-the FGM house from when William went missing ???? Surely they should have known the answer to this question themselves .????

I do hope that the Coroner recommends a full inquiry into this entire investigation ….. JMO ….

Even if one day William is found, I am not convinced that anyone will ever be prosecuted (unless he is found along with loads of tangible evidence) …… especially when you consider the NSW Police Prosecution couldn’t convince a Judge alone, in the recent Amber Haigh Case … it does not give me great confidence …..

IMO
Yep & obviously nothing in the FGM's car came back.

I feel they are trying to make evidence fit their theory.

The female detective Laura who did all the re canvasing etc , did alot of work on all the cars!!

I can still hear Coroner Graham's words ringing in my ears , when she said to Bill's lawyer ( he basically wanted all the cops called ) , that it is not the current time to investigate the police handling........well maybe now is the time Coroner!

No, as per above…..
But there are very few reasons a court will suppress a name, as in this case, of that particular neighbour…..

There has to be a reason for that ??? Which makes you wonder about his past behaviours ….. and 3 Police searches in the first 24 hours of William going missing ….

JMO
Maybe he was in some kind of Witness protection ...who bloody knows......

IMO

From that linked article

Mr Jubelin, who was taken off the investigation in 2019, has previously written to NSW’s director of inquests saying the man’s behaviour was “concerning” and he should be called as a witness.

Mr Jubelin, who left the police in 2019 and was subsequently convicted of illicitly recording conversations with another person of interest, said he did not question the man in detail at the time as he expected him to be called at the inquest.

“(The man) should at the very least be called as a witness,” Mr Jubelin wrote to coronial officials in 2020 after leaving the police force.

“There were a number of things about (the man) that I consider concerning.”

There is a bit in Jube's book I catch killers about this person page 269- basically surveillence was to be set up by one of the more junoir detectives with covert cameras in the bush, but when this person went to scope out areas for the cameras, he parked on Benaroon drive & instead of walking thru the bush as instructed & of course he walked thru PS's property & PS approached him...........this was the start of 2016!

Maybe he was in some kind of Witness protection ...who bloody knows......
No idea, they could have had a whole footy team in closed sessions , there were that many of them.

But often all us "others" - were usually just sitting outside court, so they were either heard by AVL or snuck in private entrance??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back