Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have finally had the chance to listen to this episode. I just knew Dan and his crew would produce a very good and informative podcast.
It is good that Dan has decided to investigate the investigation. And it was good to hear from Michelle and Ben. I had no idea that the trolls had been attacking Ben as well.

imo

I think this is where this person lived circled in red IMO

View attachment 536311

I noticed this property sold in June 2023

I remember the foster mother said when she was searching for William close to the end of the street by Batar Creek road she mentioned that is when she heard what sounded like a child scream. There is a lot of bush right there. It's interesting that this property is not too far from that area.

I remember the foster mother said when she was searching for William close to the end of the street by Batar Creek road she mentioned that is when she heard what sounded like a child scream. There is a lot of bush right there. It's interesting that this property is not too far from that area.

That cry worried me from the start. I was so afraid that someone was hurting William right at that moment. Perhaps because they heard someone calling for a child. Not saying that it was necessarily that guy because it is hard to tell where a cry is coming from. But someone who was on foot who led William away.

imo

Potential witnesses in William Tyrrell case come forward with shocking claims​

Several people who believe they saw William Tyrrell in the days after his disappearance have claimed their tip-offs were not taken seriously by police.

Heath Parkes-Hupton and Dan Box

October 9, 2024 - 6:09AM

She is one of five people news.com.au has spoken to who say police failed to respond to potentially credible tips, including alleged sightings of a car and driver about which detectives had previously appealed for information.

It raises questions about what other potential evidence may have been overlooked during the investigation, and if detectives can now be certain they have ruled other explanations of what happened to William.

snip

A fifth potential witness, Jodie Huntley, said she emailed Crime Stoppers in 2019 to report her suspicions about a man who lived near Kendall, where William was reported missing.

These included allegations of deeply unpleasant behaviour by the man, Frank Abbott, and the discovery of a Spider-Man sleeping bag in a caravan he used to live in.

It raises questions about what other potential evidence may have been overlooked during the investigation, and if detectives can now be certain they have ruled other explanations of what happened to William.

I feel pretty certain that they absolutely have not ruled out other explanations of what happened to William.

They have focused on one person, without evidence. I think the comment in the podcast where the detective said to Michelle White about ‘Surely … you don’t think that somebody else is coming into the tent?’ (about the case where it was later found that Terence Kelly abducted CS from the family tent, her parents did not harm her) was pretty telling.

imo

ETA Link

Last edited:
I have finally had the chance to listen to this episode. I just knew Dan and his crew would produce a very good and informative podcast.
It is good that Dan has decided to investigate the investigation. And it was good to hear from Michelle and Ben. I had no idea that the trolls had been attacking Ben as well.

imo
Oh absolutely. When he said “lm not sure if the word paedophile was used..”, l thought oh Ben, yes it was many times.

Too many mistakes and too much lost time early in this investigation to get a successful prosecution now IMO.

The current investigation team seems to have plenty of circumstantial evidence or the DPP would have thrown out what they have quickly IMO.

They would not let the FM continue to be the public POI if they believed she was not involved IMO.

They would not let the FM continue to be the public POI if they believed she was not involved IMO.

Pretty sure SFR (a small crew now) have been back-tracking on their 'certainty' since their failed attempts in 2021/2022.

Nov 7, 2023 ..... "We simply don't know what happened to him that day," Lonergan told the court on Monday. Link

NSW Police subsequently asked the DPP to “suspend its consideration” of the brief of evidence until after an ongoing inquest into William’s disappearance, which is due to resume next month. NSW Police said they were unable to comment due to the ongoing inquest. Link

Oh absolutely. When he said “lm not sure if the word paedophile was used..”, l thought oh Ben, yes it was many times.

Anticipating Dan's episode where he lays bare the "hate campaign" (my words) that has been going on. He certainly alluded to it in his reproductions of social media commentary in his first episode.
I imagine he has enough material for an entire episode just about that. imo

Podcast in this link, for those who haven't yet listened to it .... Mistaken | 1

The infamous 2 cars on Benaroon …..

Could this witness account add credibility to the alleged 300km drive by RP ??? Perhaps longer trips were common? And the 300km trip was not as outlandish as it appeared initially?

It would be interesting to know which POI this witness recognised ?????

IMO

A third potential witness, Richard Brindle, said he contacted Crime Stoppers shortly after police appealed for information about two cars “parked strangely with the driver windows down” outside the house where William was reported missing.

The lead detective on the case at the time, Gary Jubelin, told 60 Minutes in 2019 the vehicles were “suspicious” and “we’re interested in finding out who these people are and what they were doing there at the time”.

Mr Brindle told news.com.au he saw a white station wagon matching the description of one of these cars in Central Queensland before this program went to air.

The car’s driver had flagged his truck down, Mr Brindle said, and in hindsight he realised the driver matched the description of someone publicly identified as a “person of interest” to police.

Despite multiple reports to Crime Stoppers, Mr Brindle said he never heard back.

“I had some fresh information at the time, and I rang Crime Stoppers twice. And they must have thought I was some nut job or whatever,” he said.

“I was a bit pissed off with Crime Stoppers not taking me seriously.

“It’s very serious stuff, it’s a boy’s life. And they didn’t even bother to interview me.

“I thought, ‘What a joke. No one seems to care’.”

I still find it odd that anyone was even aware that children would be at FGM's (Foster grandma) home considering it was supposedly a last minute decision by the foster parents, to head up there a day early.

Too many mistakes and too much lost time early in this investigation to get a successful prosecution now IMO.

I tend to agree.

The unclaimed $1 million reward suggests to me that anyone who could provide useful information is either dead or is afraid to while someone is still alive. If it's the latter, then a dead suspect will be no use to the prosecution unless an accomplice is involved.

I still find it odd that anyone was even aware that children would be at FGM's (Foster grandma) home considering it was supposedly a last minute decision by the foster parents, to head up there a day early.

I don't think anyone had to be aware. We have already been told that (for example) Frank Abbott was known for petty crimes - would break and enter when people were away - like the people next door to the FGM's house who were away at the time.

An opportunistic crime (as opposed to a planned one). Someone saw an opportunity, and took it.

A criminal profiler has revealed details about the person police suspect may have abducted toddler William Tyrrell from his grandmother's home in Kendall 12 months ago.
Dr Sarah Yule is a member of the police taskforce .... "It does seem that this was an opportunistic crime .... "

Forensic profiler reveals details about three-year-old's suspected kidnapper

Congratulations to Dr Sarah Yule — winner of the Employee of the Year Award! Manager of the Criminal Psychology Unit, she has provided expert consultation for hundreds of investigations NSW Police Force

Last edited:
I don't think anyone had to be aware. We have already been told that (for example) Frank Abbott was known for petty crimes - would break and enter when people were away - like the people next door to the FGM's house who were away at the time.

An opportunistic crime (as opposed to a planned one). Someone saw an opportunity, and took it.

A criminal profiler has revealed details about the person police suspect may have abducted toddler William Tyrrell from his grandmother's home in Kendall 12 months ago.
Dr Sarah Yule is a member of the police taskforce .... "It does seem that this was an opportunistic crime .... "

Is this the Miller's house in the back ground? If so perfect spot to watch from IMO

1728451865998.jpeg

Is this the Miller's house in the back ground? If so perfect spot to watch from IMO

View attachment 536498

I think that may be the house that was built (later) on the empty lot across the street.

Back when we had earlier relevant shots of the area on google streetview, there was a clear line of sight from the road near the Miller's place into FGM's back yard and patio area. Bushes and trees have now grown to obscure that view (in current streetview).

The old screenshots were posted on-thread way back in the threads somewhere.

imo

Last edited:
In the media a few people have said that they reported information to Crimestoppers, but no one ever got back to them. Which is correct, Crimestoppers pass on the information to the Police, who will investigate it and if they need more information, only then will they get in touch with the person who made the report to Crimestoppers. Perhaps these people were able to give clear and concise information, and the Police were able to complete the investigation without the need to contact the person. Just because the Police didn’t contact them does not in any way mean that their reporting was not investigated.

I know for a fact that you don’t get feedback once you make a report to Crimestoppers. You don’t get told if your information was helpful. You just have to believe that you have helped as much as you can in making the report to Crimestoppers.

I wasn’t able to find NSW Crimestoppers explanation of what happens after you make a report to them, but I did find Western Australia’s:-

Whether you report online via our website, use the Eyes on the Street app or phone us, the information will be assessed by the Crime Stoppers contact centre staff and added to our database. It will also be sent to the relevant department and/or station for their information and investigation. Remember that
even if no action can be taken at that time, it could still be useful in the future.

Reports are categorised into the appropriate crime type/s, for example stealing, drugs, antisocial behaviour, fraud or assault, to name just a few. Words in an information report can be searched by analysts or investigators, such as name, address, vehicle registration, clothing descriptions or physical appearance.

If you left your contact details, an investigator may follow-up with you if they need to clarify or askanything else which could help them. If you chose to remain anonymous then obviously there will be no further contact once your report has been sent, as we don’t know who you are.
You will also have some peace of mind, knowing that you have helped police by safely sharing whatyou know.

We understand you’d like to know what action is being taken or receive feedback on your
report.Because we receive an average of over 1,000 reports each week, it’s not possible or practical to do this and confidentiality must be maintained.

A common complaint we hear is “I made a report, but nothing happened,” and there may be several reasons for this.

Your information might be of high value, but police may need more details to justify taking action.
Because you remain anonymous, unless you have volunteered to provide your contact details, we’re unable to get in touch to ask for further information.
Police may already be investigating a drug house or aware of a repeat offender but are waiting for
further activity to take place before they raid a property or arrest an individual. Strategically, it’s not always the best policy to jump in straight away, as police may be able to identify drug dealers higherup the chain or seize more stolen or illegal property if they wait.

Naturally, you want to see some positive results sooner rather than later, but we ask that you be patient.

Your information does make a difference and adds valuable pieces of the puzzle, which police and other law enforcement agencies are trying to solve.

Remember, if you are the victim of a crime, please call 131 444 or if it's life-threatening dial 000.”

“Potential witnesses in William Tyrrell case come forward with shocking claims​

A woman who tried to report seeing William Tyrrell near Uluru a year after he disappeared says she was turned away by police and her repeated calls to Crime Stoppers were never followed up.

She is one of five people news.com.au has spoken to who say police failed to respond to potentially credible tips, including alleged sightings of a car and driver about which detectives had previously appealed for information.”

View attachment 536498

Yes it is the Millers house Doc, from this angle we are looking next door (uphill) to FGM. The high balcony is on the downhill side and the Millers is right next to the small patio where they were sitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back