Autopsy Report - UCF Osteological Analysis-Duct Tape Info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything re: the sticker on the tape..Did I simply overlook it or is it really not there? :confused::confused:

sticker residue on the duct tape in the shape of a heart

TY! I've been looking for it in the report linked in post #1 of this thread & still don't see it..:waitasec:

Is it in a different one?

the poster in post number 1 said....*covering of the nose and mouth apertures with grayish tape.*......i dont see any mention of the sticker....is that what you mean?

Yes & no! (Sorry for all the confusion) This link below from post #1 brought me to the report (title of this thread) but after reading all of it (13 pages) I still don't see anything about the sticker..I assume it's included in another part of the released report but which one? I thought I read them all but maybe I missed one or more?..Thanks for trying to help me! :)

The "heart shaped residue" was found by the FBI after the duct tape pieces were sent to them by the ME. This is why there is no mention in the autopsy report. Those pieces were forwarded to the FBI almost immediately after the ME's receipt of the remains.

Our first confirmed knowledge of the "residue" was in the application (12/20/08) for the 2nd search warrant for the A's house after the discovery of Caylee's remains (This was in the 1/20/09 doc dump.), where it was mentioned as part of the supporting evidence to "...include arts and crafts material, stickers, scrap booking material ..." in the scope of the search. (pg. 3163)

The search warrant app. stated that the FBI lab had found the "residue". (pg. 3168)

Other discovery docs included the FBI report itself.

wow...fortytwo...you are good!!

Caylee autopsy reveals new clues
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...61072#31461072

Caylee was suffocated, though not conclusive, the evidence supports a lack of oxygen present...poor child terrifying last moments...:furious:

No DNA of KC's, no epidelials, no skin cells, no fingerprints..if they have them they have not shown the evidence as yet...I am hoping for that smoking gun to link KC directly to Caylee's remains and demise...

Poor baby...

wow...fortytwo...you are good!!

Glad to help when I can.

There's been alot of discussion about this. If you'd like to review, [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78386"]here[/ame] would be a good place to start.

Yes, i have read the entire thread, however, I am also aware that there are many posters here who have children of their own. I too can make up may scenarios where violence is used to subdue this little girl, but:
1. there is no evidence suggesting it,
2. CA and GA were very possibly in the next room while this was going on,
3. I personally would not subject the readers of these posts to needless, unfounded violent speculation. This case is horrendous enough as it is.

That is my opinion at any rate.

1. There wouldn't be any evidence if/how Casey held her down while she duct taped her mouth/nose because unless she broke bones in the process, it wouldn't show up in the autopsy. IMO chloroform is a violent death. It burns, leaves a rash, and other things I can't remember according to one of the talking head MEs. We can agree to disagree that chloroform isn't a violent death. It doesn't happen like the movies where the person just goes to sleep and feels nothing unless the TH was wrong.

2. You are speculating about CA & GA being in the next room while she was killed and also about a chloroform soaked rag being in the car. There is no evidence to suggest that scenario. So you are subjecting readers to needless unfounded speculation. If that's what you want to call it. Practice what you preach and all...

3. I personally would stop speculating if that's what you want everyone else to do. If you feel my post was a needless unfounded violent speculation, there's always the ignore button. I wouldn't want to get your panties in a twist.

Since we'll probably never know if drugs were involved enough to completely knock her out, all murder scenarios would have been violent.

IMO

I edited out my original post and now can't remember what I said. Too early, not enough caffeine yet. Trying to stay on topic of duct tape tho.

Caylee autopsy reveals new clues
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...61072#31461072

Caylee was suffocated, though not conclusive, the evidence supports a lack of oxygen present...poor child terrifying last moments...:furious:

No DNA of KC's, no epidelials, no skin cells, no fingerprints..if they have them they have not shown the evidence as yet...I am hoping for that smoking gun to link KC directly to Caylee's remains and demise...

Poor baby...

I can't find the media story you refer to from your link, but this appears to be yet another gross misinterpretation of the latest reports. There is nothing in the autopsy report or FBI report that suggests that Caylee was suffocated and there is no mention of a lack of oxygen before she died. There is only reference to evidence that suggests oxygen-deprived (anaerobic) decomposition.

I wish these reporters would take the time to get their facts straight before publication. It's hard enough trying to sift through the actual evidence to make any sense of it without having to sidestep some of the bunkum that is manufactured in the press. :rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31461072#31461072"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

Sorry try the above link...I know what I heard and they did say what I typed above..

I will change my wording to, may have suffered...

I just don't see duct tape as something KC would keep handy. I think either Caylee was killed near a duct tape storage place, or the murder was planned far enough in advance to gather up the materials required.

I also believe it was used to suffocate Caylee as the report states it was over the nasal area as well as the mouth.
As for chloroform - I think KC had at least a few friends that may have kept it around for recreational purposes, but I think more likely it was used or formed during trunk cleaning attempts.

1. There wouldn't be any evidence if/how Casey held her down while she duct taped her mouth/nose because unless she broke bones in the process, it wouldn't show up in the autopsy. IMO chloroform is a violent death. It burns, leaves a rash, and other things I can't remember according to one of the talking head MEs. We can agree to disagree that chloroform isn't a violent death. It doesn't happen like the movies where the person just goes to sleep and feels nothing unless the TH was wrong.

2. You are speculating about CA & GA being in the next room while she was killed and also about a chloroform soaked rag being in the car. There is no evidence to suggest that scenario. So you are subjecting readers to needless unfounded speculation. If that's what you want to call it. Practice what you preach and all...

3. I personally would stop speculating if that's what you want everyone else to do. If you feel my post was a needless unfounded violent speculation, there's always the ignore button. I wouldn't want to get your panties in a twist.

Since we'll probably never know if drugs were involved enough to completely knock her out, all murder scenarios would have been violent.

IMO

!. Your lack of manors are duly noted. :eek:

2. Your "experience" with Chloroform does not match mine.

3. No, not all murder scenarios in this case are violent, and it would appear that you are the one with your "panties in a twist," and it suggests perhaps you have some issues you have not addressed.

4. Consider yourself ignored. :)

I just don't see duct tape as something KC would keep handy. I think either Caylee was killed near a duct tape storage place, or the murder was planned far enough in advance to gather up the materials required.
I also believe it was used to suffocate Caylee as the report states it was over the nasal area as well as the mouth.
As for chloroform - I think KC had at least a few friends that may have kept it around for recreational purposes, but I think more likely it was used or formed during trunk cleaning attempts.

IIRC, the duct tape belonged to AmyH. KC had it in her pocketbook..

From WFTV:

Eyewitness News made the discovery Wednesday as search crews spent another day sifting through dirt and knocking down tree branches. Eyewitness News learned of the duct tape details from somebody who contacted the station through WFTV.com.

An Ontario woman, who has been tracking the Casey Anthony case on WFTV.com, emailed Eyewitness News what she says is Casey’s Facebook page with a message about duct tape. She insists it’s an authentic page she found and printed in July.

One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey’s former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, “You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That’s why (sic) I get for giving you my purse.”

The date it appeared to be posted, May 26, was around the same time as a “no clothes party” Casey attended. She had wrapped herself in a flag and, according to her, nothing else.

Eyewitness News passed the Facebook information along to law enforcement and they are investigating the possibility that the duct tape mentioned is somehow connected to the case.

Investigators found duct tape on the mouth of the child’s skull found less than a half-mile from the Anthony home. Investigators have been very tight-lipped about what they took from the Anthony home shortly after the remains were found and what, if any, evidence it has yielded.
http://kreuzer33.wordpress.com/2008...ng-show-casey-anthony-used-friends-duct-tape/

I misplaced the original article but this is an excerpt from WFTV although referenced from a blogger...

This may have already been brought up. Some early posts in this thread were speculating that the found "hair mat" may have been formed when Caylee was still alive (struggle, grasping, etc). But I felt that it was probably formed at the dump site in consequence of exposure to the various environmental elements. This quote seems to suggest the origin of the hair mat in the context of the mandible (found in place). It was the hair detachment from the skull and exposure to elements and living organisms which caused the mat to form. Caylee's hair may have been nicely groomed at the time of her death.

Attachments

• hair mat.jpg
    hair mat.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 31
IIRC, the duct tape belonged to AmyH. KC had it in her pocketbook..

From WFTV:

Eyewitness News made the discovery Wednesday as search crews spent another day sifting through dirt and knocking down tree branches. Eyewitness News learned of the duct tape details from somebody who contacted the station through WFTV.com.

An Ontario woman, who has been tracking the Casey Anthony case on WFTV.com, emailed Eyewitness News what she says is Casey’s Facebook page with a message about duct tape. She insists it’s an authentic page she found and printed in July.

One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey’s former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, “You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That’s why (sic) I get for giving you my purse.”

The date it appeared to be posted, May 26, was around the same time as a “no clothes party” Casey attended. She had wrapped herself in a flag and, according to her, nothing else.

Eyewitness News passed the Facebook information along to law enforcement and they are investigating the possibility that the duct tape mentioned is somehow connected to the case.

Investigators found duct tape on the mouth of the child’s skull found less than a half-mile from the Anthony home. Investigators have been very tight-lipped about what they took from the Anthony home shortly after the remains were found and what, if any, evidence it has yielded.
http://kreuzer33.wordpress.com/2008...ng-show-casey-anthony-used-friends-duct-tape/

I misplaced the original article but this is an excerpt from WFTV although referenced from a blogger...

Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me of that. I do remember hearing about Amy's duck tape, but I thought the tape KC used was an unusual brand that matched tape on the gas cans at th A's house. Perhaps KC put some of Amy's tape on the gas cans, but for me, - moo - it still kind rules out the theory that KC killed her baby in a rage in her bedroom the night of the 15th. Although, she could have had it in her taken it out of her purse or backpack and left it in her room - then it would have been handy for a planned OR unplanned murder . . .
:waitasec:
now I'm even more confused than usual.

This may have already been brought up. Some early posts in this thread were speculating that the found "hair mat" may have been formed when Caylee was still alive (struggle, grasping, etc). But I felt that it was probably formed at the dump site in consequence of exposure to the various environmental elements. This quote seems to suggest the origin of the hair mat in the context of the mandible (found in place). It was the hair detachment from the skull and exposure to elements and living organisms which caused the mat to form. Caylee's hair may have been nicely groomed at the time of her death.

Thank you!

This also leads me to believe that she came to rest face up and the decomp fluids would have drained to the back of the head to probably start the matting process.

Thank you!

This also leads me to believe that she came to rest face up and the decomp fluids would have drained to the back of the head to probably start the matting process.

This is what I think as well. I believe that the fluids leaked from the ears and drained down into the hair which was resting beneath her head. :(

I can't find the media story you refer to from your link, but this appears to be yet another gross misinterpretation of the latest reports. There is nothing in the autopsy report or FBI report that suggests that Caylee was suffocated and there is no mention of a lack of oxygen before she died. There is only reference to evidence that suggests oxygen-deprived (anaerobic) decomposition.

I wish these reporters would take the time to get their facts straight before publication. It's hard enough trying to sift through the actual evidence to make any sense of it without having to sidestep some of the bunkum that is manufactured in the press. :rolleyes:

I think the duct tape covering the mouth and nose is how they believe the reports suggest suffocation.

i was watching NG and some dr (sorry cant recall name) mentioned something interesting...and here is my take on what he was saying....
if caylee was chloroformed, it might not show up in tox reports because it has to be in the system long enough to get in the hair....in other words, (my understanding) if kc used chloroform just that one night then (again, from what i understand) it would not have showed up in the hair (because hair takes long to grow???) anyway, did i understand this guy correctly?

edittedto add: now that i think back i dont think the tox report was out yet when this dr was interviewd...maybe ng was giving possible scenario???? now im curious as to whether the chloroform would show up if she just used it just ONE time....the night she died....????

This shows no use of the Chloroform... and would be a lot of work... Not like KC to do anything that involves work.

If KC was in a rage her adrenaline would be pumping.It would not be that difficult for her to hold Caylee down if that's the case.But I agree,the chloroform comes in somewhere.

Yes, i have read the entire thread, however, I am also aware that there are many posters here who have children of their own. I too can make up may scenarios where violence is used to subdue this little girl, but:
1. there is no evidence suggesting it,
2. CA and GA were very possibly in the next room while this was going on,
3. I personally would not subject the readers of these posts to needless, unfounded violent speculation. This case is horrendous enough as it is.

That is my opinion at any rate.

I think Caylee must have tried to stop KC from doing whatever she was doing ,be it the tape or the chloroform.She probably had some bruising,but now we have no way of knowing.JMO

!. Your lack of manors are duly noted. :eek:

2. Your "experience" with Chloroform does not match mine.

3. No, not all murder scenarios in this case are violent, and it would appear that you are the one with your "panties in a twist," and it suggests perhaps you have some issues you have not addressed.

4. Consider yourself ignored. :)

1)LOL, reread your post and take note who has a lack of manners.

2)I was repeating what a medical TH said about chloroform. Didn't know you were a chloroform expert. :waitasec:

3)A poster a while back was the victim of a home invasion and the perp duct taped her mouth. She described it in vivid detail. Horrifying to say the least.

4) Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member