awaiting sentencing phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I read a comment recently saying that once Roux and Nel conspired to lie about Reeva and OP being alone in the house when they were not as Frank was there, the trial was a farce.

I'm inclined to agree with that.

Another possibility is that Reeva was standing at the door, gripping the handle to hold the door shut.

Remember there is NO evidence (other than Pistorius' word) that the door was locked. There may not have been a key in the lock, hence no means of locking it.
It was his private en-suite toilet, not one for general use by visitors.

BIB .. I absolutely believe that that was what it was, I don't believe Pistorius's story about the key falling out of the keyhole and him picking it up from the floor inside the toilet cubicle .. it's way too far-fetched, and as some of us have said on many occasions now, a key like that will not fall (or shoot) out when it's in a locked position as it's very unlikely, in a locked position, to have lined up exactly with the keyhole enough for it to have fallen out, or shot out, when he hit the door with the cricket bat. When you lock a door with a key like that you only need to turn it slightly for it to lock, and therefore as it will effectively be upside down unless you turn it all the way (which people generally don't, they turn it until it 'clicks'). The key to this mystery lies with that key, I'm convinced of it. Don't they have such things as detectives in SA who do actual detective work to try and work out the mystery behind the murder like we do here in the UK?

One irrational line of reasoning in the judgment I haven't seen mentioned much: Basically, Masipa says how could he have come up with his version at the bail application before he was privy to the state evidence?

This makes no sense to me. He didn't offer a detailed alibi defence which the state evidence confirmed only someone genuinely where he said he was at the time would know. He was at the crime scene and the only living eyewitness and he knew it.

The only thing he wouldn't know is what any earwitnesses might have heard. And guess what - we had earwitnesses who heard an argument beforehand, and who heard a woman screaming for her life before shots or bangs. His bail application mentioned exactly when he screamed something, when he cried something out loud, and totally missing is any mention of screaming between the gunshots and the bat strikes. He invented this after he was privy to the state evidence, right down to him remembering clearly (in the time he couldn't remember anything else clearly of course) that his last scream was as he hit the last bat strike. Forget tailoring, he donned a lycra suit and Masipa marvelled at the perfect fit.

He was also caught out by the duvet/jeans/bloodsplatter - state evidence which disproves his attempted explanation for the intruder mistake. As well as "the fan"/two fans - because he didn't do anything with the fans and forgot the scene. And he never foresaw an estimated meal time by the pathologist - and got caught out by his 'normal evening then bedtime' picture.

He is white. Here is what I imagine is a fairly old photo of him but I could be wrong.

http://www.ia-ip.org/index.php?page=91

Well done IntByStan !!

So, it appears to me that he's the guy in the back of photo under discussion... the one in the white shirt.

By the write-up you posted, I can easily see why this man would have been assigned to watch over OP. I wonder what kind of profile he provided on OP. (I'm assuming that he did.)

It's still unclear to me why he is believed to be related to OP. I must have missed something in playing catch-up today...

Agreed. OP said he smashed the door and saw the key on the floor. But if you looked at the hole and the floor, it looks very hard to stick your arm and grab the key on the ground. I don't think there was a key at all from the inside.

From what I can make out, I think the hole in the door would've been big enough to reach through (3 panels were out, 1 still left in by that stage?) .. but, seeing as it's so small in there, and Reeva was collapsed all over the floor, blood everywhere, what are the chances of him actually being able to spot the key that quickly? It would either have landed on top of Reeva, then got buried in the folds of her clothing, or just underneath her (fallen through her legs or something), or gone into a pool of blood, it wouldn't just be all shiney and new, glistening out at him from a large bare patch of tiles .. and that's on top of what I already said about that type of key not being very easy to either drop out of the keyhole, or shoot out when the door was hit with the bat, not if it was in the locked position. The green tag of the key that we saw in the photos appeared to be clean, too .. not a hint of blood on it. The whole thing sounds fabricated to me.

From what I can make out, I think the hole in the door would've been big enough to reach through (3 panels were out, 1 still left in by that stage?) .. but, seeing as it's so small in there, and Reeva was collapsed all over the floor, blood everywhere, what are the chances of him actually being able to spot the key that quickly? It would either have landed on top of Reeva, then got buried in the folds of her clothing, or just underneath her (fallen through her legs or something), or gone into a pool of blood, it wouldn't just be all shiney and new, glistening out at him from a large bare patch of tiles .. and that's on top of what I already said about that type of key not being very easy to either drop out of the keyhole, or shoot out when the door was hit with the bat, not if it was in the locked position. The green tag of the key that we saw in the photos appeared to be clean, too .. not a hint of blood on it. The whole thing sounds fabricated to me.
Agreed many arguments to dismiss OP version.

Well done IntByStan !!

So, it appears to me that he's the guy in the back of photo under discussion... the one in the white shirt.

By the write-up you posted, I can easily see why this man would have been assigned to watch over OP. I wonder what kind of profile he provided on OP. (I'm assuming that he did.)

It's still unclear to me why he is believed to be related to OP. I must have missed something in playing catch-up today...

I have read this, but can't find the old newspaper article. Perhaps in the first thread on WS there maybe something?
While searching on all traces, I saw a possible connection between Bekker (maiden name of Sheila Pistorius, OP's mother) and Labuschagne, but I'm not sure about that.

Genealogy Resources on Geni - please, do a search. I can't log in.

Well done IntByStan !!

It's still unclear to me why he is believed to be related to OP.
I must have missed something in playing catch-up today...

My guess is that it went like this.
Micki P knew him through work as a former colleague.
He said to OP "I know your aunt" or "I'm a friend of your aunt". Reporters twisted this into "family friend".
People then picked up on the word "family" and on it went, Chinese Whispers style.

BkNsAhsIUAACI3l.jpg:medium

OscarTrial ‏@OscarTrialNews Apr 2
#OscarPistorius has lunch with his legal team in Sandton. pic.twitter.com/A7xg1s1YmI

BkN63tOIQAAOkBV.jpg

#OscarPistorius seen wearing a cream formal jacket while having lunch in Sandton earlier. JM pic.twitter.com/TWl2LpEeCM

Notice how OP's demeanor changes when he's been told he's been spotted by the media. A minute before he's laughing his head off.

BkNsAhsIUAACI3l.jpg:medium

#OscarPistorius has lunch with his legal team in Sandton. pic.twitter.com/A7xg1s1YmI

BkN63tOIQAAOkBV.jpg

#OscarPistorius seen wearing a cream formal jacket while having lunch in Sandton earlier. JM pic.twitter.com/TWl2LpEeCM

Notice how OP's demeanor changes when he's been told he's been spotted by the media. A minute before he's laughing his head off.

How he had the nerve to say to Kim Myers 'I don't know how you sleep at night' I have no idea .. how does HE manage to sleep at night??

OP: I followed them into the garage, there was an officer that stayed int he garage the whole time. I think he was the officer who was at the bottom of the staircase.

OP: I was in the garage for several hours

OP: I asked the photographer if he could please take all the photos, so that I could take my clothes off because they were all just so full of blood.

Roux: From the garage where did you go to?

OP: I was taken to the foyer of the reception area of my home. An officer, Mr. Labuschagne came up to me and that he was a friend of my family and that he would look after me.

OP: At that stage Col. Van Rensburg said because I was the only person in the house at the time, they were going to arrest me. I walked with Mr. Labuschagne to the vehicle.

OP: As we were leaving the estate, I was told that there was a lot of media outside the estate and that I must put my head down and he would tell me when I could raise my head.

OP: My head was down anyway. I didn't follow where we were going but I realised when we got there that we were at the Mamalodi Hospital.

OP: I don't remember the doctors name, we were there for some time. He did tests and took samples.

-------------

Roux: If you can draw a timeline, I know it is difficult. Now referring to 3:12, he woke up. How long after you fired the shots did you hit the cricket bat?

OP: I don't know my lady. About 5 minutes.

Roux: More or less be consistant with Mr Johnsons' notes?

OP: It would be consistant.

Roux: What do you say about Dr. Stipps' evidence, think away Miss. Burgers' evidence. Think away the notes of Mr. Johnsons' notes. What do you say about Dr. Stipps' notes?

OP: It physically can't be, if you look at the time of the calls. Out of many, many facts the sounds.

http://news.sky.com/story/1239408/oscar-pistorius-trial-stenographer-updates

I don't know what he meant with the last answer there, if that was his words or the stenographer heard it that way. :dunno:

Something I would like to ask of those who believe that this was all just one horrible, tragic accident .. just hypothetically speaking, say this whole crime scene was replicated, and a couple did actually have a domestic fight, and the man ended up shooting his girlfriend dead through a toilet door, could they please tell me what they believe the perpetrator of that crime would do/say upon the arrival of those arriving at the scene (security guards, neighbours, police, etc, etc)? Do they believe that someone who had committed a crime like that would immediately own up to the murder of their girlfriend, and if the answer to that is 'No' (and it has to be 'No' because no murderer is ever going to admit to being the murder, they will come up with all sorts of lies and excuses in order to get themselves off the hook .. they really do not want to spend 25 years in jail!) .. then why do they not believe that is what Pistorius is most likely to have done? It doesn't make any sense to me that those who believe Pistorius's account don't seem to be able to understand what a murderer is more likely to do, and something they are never going to do before their trial is admit the truth!

OP’s “terror” was 100% irrational.
His lethal overkill to that “terror” was 100% unreasonable in the extreme.
His actions / inactions were 100% inexplicable to the point of absurdity.

They do not say accident or self-defense - they scream murder.

Seriously, what are the chances of such a catastrophic ‘perfect storm’ - all in OP’s favor?

BIB .. I absolutely believe that that was what it was, I don't believe Pistorius's story about the key falling out of the keyhole and him picking it up from the floor inside the toilet cubicle .. it's way too far-fetched, and as some of us have said on many occasions now, a key like that will not fall (or shoot) out when it's in a locked position as it's very unlikely, in a locked position, to have lined up exactly with the keyhole enough for it to have fallen out, or shot out, when he hit the door with the cricket bat. When you lock a door with a key like that you only need to turn it slightly for it to lock, and therefore as it will effectively be upside down unless you turn it all the way (which people generally don't, they turn it until it 'clicks'). The key to this mystery lies with that key, I'm convinced of it. Don't they have such things as detectives in SA who do actual detective work to try and work out the mystery behind the murder like we do here in the UK?

BBM
I have gone back and forth a bit about the ugly key in the door to the loo. If I was in the situation Reeva was in, I would probably lock the door, if the key was in it. I might pull it out of the lock if some manaic was bashing the door near the lock. On the other hand, I can think of scenarios in which the key was in different location, the door locked and unlocked, spare keys used etc.

I have many questions about keys in general. Did one key unlock all of the doors in OP's house? If so, why was there a key in the door to the Jacuzzi? How did Van Rensburg open the guest room door? Did he unlock it for Carise later on that morning? What key did OP use to unlock his bedroom door? I did not see a key in that door in the police photos. Was it on the same key ring as his front door key and alarm remote? Could they have been on the nightstand? Could the blood over the bed have happened when he grabbed the keys from there? How many keys were on that ring? Where were the keys found by the police? Was there blood on them? There should have been. Did the police collect all of them? Where the heck was the key to the kitchen safe? I can't see OP loosing that key when the safe had such important info in it. Did OP have spare keys somewhere in his house? Did the police look? Could OP have stashed a spare set somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14