awaiting sentencing phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That she contacted him first, spoke volumes to me.

She spelled out in black and white exactly how the relationship was... hitting the nail on the head at every point. If only she could have realized the meaning of what she was describing... a perfect picture, imho, of a man who neither cared about nor respected her.

I've thought about this many times, and my gut feeling is that if she hadn't contacted him first, she may very well have simply never heard from him again.

BBM

Do we have the phone records for that time?

View attachment 60643

We're in the informal lounge, looking towards the stairwell, and bedroom 2 entrance to the left.

View attachment 60644

Walking into entrance towards the stairs.

I hope you know that you're spoiling me rotten... and I'll become impossible to live with here. lol

pics are dark... I'm having trouble gaining perspective.

If you were going up the steps, would the informal lounge be the first "room" you entered??

Also, nobody will believe I don't know the answer to this: When you start up the stairs from the ground floor, don't you get to a landing where the steps then take off in a different direction? This is how I always thought it was, and that OP was standing on that "secondary" landing holding Reeve when 1st neighbors arrived. I recently got doubts about this after reading some testimony, I believe it was something Carice said.

Just to answer your question jay-jay, the informal lounge is straight off the bedroom, if OP had that collage hanging, Reeva would have to walk past it to get to the bedroom. It was very visible.

Yes, I realise that but I don't think that area was the TV room. I think it was another of the bedrooms (bedroom 3 or 4, not shown on the partial floorplan).

I hope you know that you're spoiling me rotten... and I'll become impossible to live with here. lol

pics are dark... I'm having trouble gaining perspective.

If you were going up the steps, would the informal lounge be the first "room" you entered??

Also, nobody will believe I don't know the answer to this: When you start up the stairs from the ground floor, don't you get to a landing where the steps then take off in a different direction? This is how I always thought it was, and that OP was standing on that "secondary" landing holding Reeve when 1st neighbors arrived. I recently got doubts about this after reading some testimony, I believe it was something Carice said.

Yes, this place has so many turns, the first room you enter once the railing has stopped (out of stairwell area) its the informal lounge room. Any wall hangings would be seen for sure by Reeva. Seems strange that OP would have this on the wall there.

So, going up the stairs from the ground floor, there's a small landing, then turn right more stairs to the walkway, now you can turn left towards that glass door with the wooden frame (I'm not sure where that goes) but to OP's room turn right, follow railing on this open walkway that you can see downstairs, then turn right again and open area with railing ends and comes into informal lounge.

I hope this makes sense, I'm terrible at giving directions.

Yes, I realise that but I don't think that area was the TV room. I think it was another of the bedrooms (bedroom 3 or 4, not shown on the partial floorplan).

I agree, OP probably used one of the bedrooms, the IL is just too open an area.

BBM

No, they weren't presented in open court. It is possible that they are part of the court record - I'm still investigating how to obtain them

No, they weren't presented in open court. It is possible that they are part of the court record - I'm still investigating how to obtain them

I was trying to see if Pistorius tried to call her before she wrote the message. I'm thinking maybe she didn't answer his call..she was waiting for a message from him to apologize..when she didn't get one..she wrote him that heartbreaking message. I have a hard time believing that she would initiate contact after he humiliated her in front of her friends.

OP’s relationship with Jenna is rather “complicated” - he talks a lot about in his letter to Samantha/Samantha’s mother in the summer of 2012. I believe the whole letter was submitted to the court.

If you don’t have the book (An accident waiting to happen) I have compiled the letter into a PDF file. Now I really hope I don’t breach any forum/copyright rules, if that’s the case please let me know and I’ll take the file down :).

It’s not perfect, but hopefully it’s readable.

You can read it here:

http://f.cl.ly/items/2c2L0C1c273i2u0L0r0D/AWTH-letter.pdf

OP’s relationship with Jenna is rather “complicated” - he talks a lot about in his letter to Samantha/Samantha’s mother in the summer of 2012. I believe the whole letter was submitted to the court.

If you don’t have the book (An accident waiting to happen) I have compiled the letter into a PDF file. Now I really hope I don’t breach any forum/copyright rules, if that’s the case please let me know and I’ll take the file down :).

It’s not perfect, but hopefully it’s readable.

You can read it here:

http://f.cl.ly/items/2c2L0C1c273i2u0L0r0D/AWTH-letter.pdf

I've not read the body of it yet but the first thing that struck me was how weird for OP to have put 'Oscar' as the subject heading for that email .. not 'An apology' or something like that .. it's 'Oscar' .. i.e. me, me, me.

I've not read the body of it yet but the first thing that struck me was how weird for OP to have put 'Oscar' as the subject heading for that email .. not 'An apology' or something like that .. it's 'Oscar' .. i.e. me, me, me.

Yeah, I know :). It gets better: "Jenna and I started dating and in the beginning everything seemed like it was perfect. She understood me and was willing to support me no matter what".

I'm on page 2 now .. blimey, I'm sure Sam really wanted to hear all this about Jenna :facepalm: .. Pistorius hasn't got a clue, has he .. this letter is sounding very much like some of the great long ones my abusive ex used to send me .. all about himself, and god knows all sorts of excuses as to why he was like he was .. oh, and that thing of keep saying he's 'being honest' .. yes, my ex used to do that too, pouring his heart out and most of it was a load of old BS.

Yeah, I know :). It gets better: "Jenna and I started dating and in the beginning everything seemed like it was perfect. She understood me and was willing to support me no matter what".

BBM .. absolutely .. and it sounds like she is still willing to do that, even when he's murdered someone! :facepalm:

I'm on page 2 now .. blimey, I'm sure Sam really wanted to hear all this about Jenna :facepalm: .. Pistorius hasn't got a clue, has he .. this letter is sounding very much like some of the great long ones my abusive ex used to send me .. all about himself, and god knows all sorts of excuses as to why he was like he was .. oh, and that thing of keep saying he's 'being honest' .. yes, my ex used to do that too, pouring his heart out and most of it was a load of old BS.

.. just to add, my ex used to be drunk when he wrote stuff like this. (He could type perfectly .. no mistakes .. when he was drunk, too)

Yes, this place has so many turns, the first room you enter once the railing has stopped (out of stairwell area) its the informal lounge room. Any wall hangings would be seen for sure by Reeva. Seems strange that OP would have this on the wall there.

So, going up the stairs from the ground floor, there's a small landing, then turn right more stairs to the walkway, now you can turn left towards that glass door with the wooden frame (I'm not sure where that goes) but to OP's room turn right, follow railing on this open walkway that you can see downstairs, then turn right again and open area with railing ends and comes into informal lounge.

I hope this makes sense, I'm terrible at giving directions.

Ohhh you are so wrong about being terrible at giving directions!!

BBM - You have painted a picture with your description and I can now see it all perfectly... all my questions cleared up. Thank you so much, PrimeS. :)

Well, I've read the whole thing now and OMG what hard work that bloke must be for anyone who had a relationship with him, no-one Reeva had enough of him (she already sounded like she'd had enough, earlier in the day .. "it's a difficult thing to console you" .. she sounded exasperated when she said it).

That letter says it all, imo .. it's obvious what type of person he is and it's obvious he killed Reeva in a fit of rage .. what the hell is that matter with that judge that she can't see it?

.. just to add, my ex used to be drunk when he wrote stuff like this. (He could type perfectly .. no mistakes .. when he was drunk, too)

I know the type :)

There is a pattern there - every time Jenna doesn’t “understand” OP he protects himself by going cold, ignoring her and getting quickly together with someone else. It’s like he is not able of facing any emotional pain at all. Everything is very personal for him (Jenna goes out with a friend - he feels betrayed). I’d say he is no more than 15 years old - emotionally.

BBM

Sorry... I don't have phone records.

Time wise, my best copy of the Jan. 27th whatsapp mgs Reeva sent OP, comes from a screenshot taken by journalist Debora Patta of the image used in Court. The actual timestamp shown is: 2013/01/27 14:17:34 UTC (Device)

So that puts the time at 2:17 PM.

OP answers her at 4:++PM (I no longer have the number of minutes for that time) saying "Please let me know when I can call you." Reeva responded with "I'm Here".

At 5:01 PM OP sends her his long response.

I was trying to see if Pistorius tried to call her before she wrote the message. I'm thinking maybe she didn't answer his call..she was waiting for a message from him to apologize..when she didn't get one..she wrote him that heartbreaking message. I have a hard time believing that she would initiate contact after he humiliated her in front of her friends.

BBM - Sadly, AW, I think that's exactly what she did. The moment I first read her first sentence "I'm not 100% sure why I'm sitting down to type you a message first but perhaps it says a lot about what's going on here.", I said outloud "Good grief! I don't know why you are either!"

I'm recalling Nel questioning OP about this message and asking him why he hadn't contacted Reeva first. OP said he had planned to call her later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay