AZ - 6-month old baby dies after being left in hot car by babysitter - July 31, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what's been made public so far, I cannot even guess the why.
The only reasoning I can think of is that the typical pattern was the babysitter brought the child over at a certain time. There are multiple things that were different about this day, it seems:
  • Mom had babysitter drive her to her job, because she doesn't have car.
  • Mom tells babysitter to drop off baby with dad when he gets home.
  • <modsnip: no source>
  • Perhaps normally, mom brought baby to babysitter when she went to work, so having the baby in the car was a break from routine.
  • Perhaps normally the dad came over to get the baby when he got home from work, but with the other changes in routines, this got thrown off.
  • Maybe Dad thinks babysitter is going to drop of baby, per communication from mom.
  • Maybe Babysitter, though told to take baby to dad, falls into default, waiting for dad to pick up baby (Except babysitter left baby in car!!!!).
  • There are two people who were responsible for the baby after Mom went to work. Babysitter (who had custody) and Dad (who had responsibility once he arrived home from work).
  • Where were the siblings during all this time?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reasoning I can think of is that the typical pattern was the babysitter brought the child over at a certain time. There are multiple things that were different about this day, it seems:
  • Mom had babysitter drive her to her job, because she doesn't have car.
  • Mom tells babysitter to drop off baby with dad when he gets home.
  • Perhaps normally, mom brought baby to babysitter when she went to work, so having the baby in the car was a break from routine.
  • Perhaps normally the dad came over to get the baby when he got home from work, but with the other changes in routines, this got thrown off.
  • Maybe Dad thinks babysitter is going to drop of baby, per communication from mom.
  • Maybe Babysitter, though told to take baby to dad, falls into default, waiting for dad to pick up baby (Except babysitter left baby in car!!!!).
  • There are two people who were responsible for the baby after Mom went to work. Babysitter (who had custody) and Dad (who had responsibility once he arrived home from work).
  • Where were the siblings during all this time?
Sabbm.
All good points.
I hadn't read about siblings ?
That makes it more troublesome if so, because wouldn't the siblings notice a change in the routine or ask where the baby is ?
The time frame of seven hours gets to me; as typically babies need looking after quite a bit before even a half hour elapses.
Playing with, changing and feeding, etc.
This case is so sad and baffling.
Omo.

What a confusing account. The mother left the baby in the neighbor's car, which was being driven by a minor? The minor child assumed the responsibility? Where did the mother go?
Bbm.

Phillips took Travis along with her in the back seat, and after he fell asleep she asked the neighbor to drop off the baby at his father's house when she went to work.

Sounds like she went to her job ?
Omo.

From the link :
The neighbor was asked to drop off the baby with his father, who would be home shortly, Yavapai County Sheriff's Office said.
The child's father then contacted the mother, who was at work, at around 8:45 p.m., asking when the neighbor would bring him his son.
"The neighbor ran next door to the father's house and both the father and neighbor pulled the baby out of the car,
Red emphasis mine.

This story is all over the place.
Had the father gone out to do errands or something and wasn't home until much, much later ?
In which case , wouldn't he have let the mother know ?
Also, it sounds like it may not have been the teenager's car and he parked in in front of the dad's house.
If the dad was home, then he'd have gone out earlier and taken the baby out of the car before seven hours had elapsed.

So many unanswered questions.
It's starting to look like more than the teen needs to be questioned.
Unless LE know more than the public, which is sometimes the case, imo.
Omo.

Rest in gentle peace, little Travis !

I have such a problem with these types of cases. I guess that I was just the "Helicopter Mom from Heck". If my baby or kids were anywhere, I was calling to check on them, and now, we have phones with quick "text" messages, something I never had 40 years ago. I knew where my kids were, with who, and I always checked in a few times...even home with Dad, "How is it going?"...need anything?

So strange...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back