AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that she would call a cab and not have the money to pay for it has stumped me as well. I've never really bought into the theory that there might have been a cover up and others making fake calls using her phone etc. but it is something that really could have happened I suppose.
There are all kinds of possibilities but I like Occam's razor the best!
I do think she called the cab. And I also think she ditched it. I think I know what might have happened after that but I do know with certainty I'm not allowed to post it here. JMO

BBM - me too. I even wondered if maybe she found some money on the ground while she was walking around and decided to use it for a cab, but that might be a bit too random considering how unusual the night been already. I can see me finding cash lying around and thinking "OMG that's totally a sign!"

I know you are addressing cluciano, but I too think there is a strong possibility this could be the work of a random perp (FWIW I also think other scenarios are highly likely, including George and some other ones...I have a list of about 7 possible theories / ways this might have gone down; lol...):

She was a pretty girl, walking alone. She was vulnerable. Motive, Means, Opportunity.

Hey! Thanks for the response. I haven't had much experience with cases like this since this is really the first one I have ever spent so much time and energy on. I agree there could be many different scenarios. I just wondered if there was something pointing to a random perp that I was missing. Geeze it's just not safe for women, especially beautiful young women, to be out wandering around at night. :( But then, this was at around 5:00 when it is getting light. Maybe there is no such thing as a safe time for women alone. Men are stronger. Men have raging testosterone. Of course not all men are bad but could it be that all men are capable of ...... Yes I want to go back to what Kimster posted when she said something to the effect that: women should be able to walk around safely at any time they want.
There is a difference in men and women.
My apologies to the mothers and sisters of guys. Like I said, I know all men are not bad. :( JMO

From the reports if what occurred that night, and this was in the police report as well as stated by the roommates, she was upset with him for showing more attention to others at the party and not to her. So I don't think the possibility of her having an interest in someone else there is even an issue. But I do understand your thought processes and feel it is worth examining.

I guess the problem I have with any report is, without being able to talk to the people in person myself - ha!, who knows why they say what they do. I'm always suspicious especially when people state the same exact times (like you'd know that is was at 2:30 for instance) versus a general account of happenstances. It ends up sounding sort of rehearsed.

Then, I don't know how much the writer of the police report influences the end result either.

The sad part is that there isn't a reason a woman shouldn't be able to walk around alone at night. There is an evil element walking around in the shadows of the night - and even in the day!!!

Continuing to educate the public on the importance of defensive safety is imperative. I wish it wasn't so, but that's what it's come to anymore. Same with kids riding their bikes alone. Makes me so mad we are losing our freedoms more and more with each passing day. :notgood:

What I find disturbing is that Arizona does not require a CCW to carry concealed. Why would any perp accost Adrienne unless they knew her or they were known to be a "safe" person? Statistics for Arizona gun owners don't mean anything because we don't have to register them. I saw one statistic a while back that said 40% of Az women have one weapon or more. Only one weapon I own is registered and the registered owner is deceased. Then Az had the guns on Universities law, and who knows where that's been put....
So, if I was a perp, I'd be putting my odds at 50/50 that the little lady I'm about to attack doesn't plug me before I get the upper hand. Those odds aren't good.
FYI: Gun owners, you may THINK your weapon is registered, but it's up to the retailer to submit the registration, it is NOT mandatory, the retailer will keep that paper work in case there is an audit. This does not apply to Fed Class 3 permits.

Partly because of where and how she was found, but even before that, I felt that at 5am, at least partially distracted and alone on a street a young woman is going to attract the attention of those who look for exactly this type of victim. Also because of the seeming lack of evidence of raised voices, an argument, etc. could point to a weapon and her being quietly forced into a vehicle in an instant, by a "pro" who was ready to go.

Thank you. That makes total sense to me now. Yes, I can see this as a very viable possibility now that you explain it. No raised voices, no weapon etc. Yeah, that does lead one to consider random.

I guess the problem I have with any report is, without being able to talk to the people in person myself - ha!, who knows why they say what they do. I'm always suspicious especially when people state the same exact times (like you'd know that is was at 2:30 for instance) versus a general account of happenstances. It ends up sounding sort of rehearsed.

Then, I don't know how much the writer of the police report influences the end result either.

I think in the beginning of the investigation, just after Adrienne went missing, no one but maybe her parents really took her absence that seriously. So they just plucked times, rounding them off, out if thin air.

I think in the beginning of the investigation, just after Adrienne went missing, no one but maybe her parents really took her absence that seriously. So they just plucked times, rounding them off, out if thin air.

Also it was probably Sunday evening or even Monday or later before people were interviewed. I doubt their memories were all that accurate, as to times, etc.

I know this wasn't directed towards me, MissD, but I'm still open to a random perp, as well. That being said, I'm not closed to the idea of it being an individual she knew or an acquaintance either; I just personally feel it still could be any of the three. I don't feel there's enough evidence to definitively rule any one of the three out at this point. The only thing I feel strongly of is it's not some sort of elaborate cover-up by numerous individuals she knew. JMO. :seeya:

Hi Kodi! Thanks for your thoughts. I pretty much feel the same way. But to be really honest I find myself wavering. Sometimes I feel really strong one way and then the next day I can lean in an entirely different direction. Is this normal? I think the reason I have a hard time with a random perp is that there are known contacts who seem to have had more opportunity and perhaps more motive. But I would never rule out a random because I know, unfortunately, those things do happen

Also it was probably Sunday evening or even Monday or later before people were interviewed. I doubt their memories were all that accurate, as to times, etc.

I agree. I don't think they were in collusion. I'm sure they were doing the best they could given the circumstances.

BBM - me too. I even wondered if maybe she found some money on the ground while she was walking around and decided to use it for a cab, but that might be a bit too random considering how unusual the night been already. I can see me finding cash lying around and thinking "OMG that's totally a sign!"

Haha!!! Yeah that sounds far fetched. But I guess it isn't any more far fetched sounding than some of the things we already know to be facts surrounding this case. I wonder if Adrienne had any idea how much the cab ride would cost.

I agree. I don't think they were in collusion. I'm sure they were doing the best they could given the circumstances.

I agree. I'd probably weep if someone asked me to recall all the details of a night I'd been partying. I'm fairly certain I'd be WAY off on timings and other details.

Isn't that opposite of what the police report says though? Several people said that the bf left at 2:30 a.m. and that AS followed him out to his car and drove off with him.

After AS's father came to the apartment and called the police, did the roommates arrive home with knowledge they were there? Or did they just come home at random?

Sorry for going back to the beginning as I know it's frustrating sometimes to people who've followed the case from the beginning. Reviewing isn't always bad though.

Was dog poop a regular thing around there? I thought they were aware she had left without mentioning or asking for help with her dog. What's up with that? Who is or was in charge of the cats? Party mess is one thing but the messes the animals made is another story.

I wonder if the roomies/friends have been called down to the station and given formal interviews where their words are taped and then transcribed word for word. Also I hope police interviewed them separately from the get-go.

Was dog poop a regular thing around there? I thought they were aware she had left without mentioning or asking for help with her dog. What's up with that? Who is or was in charge of the cats? Party mess is one thing but the messes the animals made is another story.

SD in the report to LE said it was the normal state of the apt......ick. Somewhere it is mentioned that Adrienne usually made arraignments for her dog, Mocho, whether it was a roomate or taking the dog somewhere else.

Hi Kodi! Thanks for your thoughts. I pretty much feel the same way. But to be really honest I find myself wavering. Sometimes I feel really strong one way and then the next day I can lean in an entirely different direction. Is this normal? I think the reason I have a hard time with a random perp is that there are known contacts who seem to have had more opportunity and perhaps more motive. But I would never rule out a random because I know, unfortunately, those things do happen

BBM

Define normal. *chuckles* Honestly, I can't say as there aren't many cases I've followed from the beginning... *whispers*... I'm still a newbie. But I would imagine it is, especially as new information is brought to light. Not that there has been a lot of new information, unfortunately, but there's been enough to rule some things out along the way (i.e. we know she didn't run away).

I think some sleuthers feel very strongly about their theories and others are still zeroing in, I'm in the latter. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't make a good detective.

All JMO.

Isn't that opposite of what the police report says though? Several people said that the bf left at 2:30 a.m. and that AS followed him out to his car and drove off with him.

After AS's father came to the apartment and called the police, did the roommates arrive home with knowledge they were there? Or did they just come home at random?

Sorry for going back to the beginning as I know it's frustrating sometimes to people who've followed the case from the beginning. Reviewing isn't always bad though.

No. Reviewing again is a good thing. IMO It's easy to forget that a minimum of 36 to 48 hours passed by before the first subjects were interviewed. As I understand it, Shainey Duggan was notified by I think it was Suzanne Coss, Adrienne's mother. And so when she came home she knew they were waiting. In fact I don't think anyone had entered the apt previous to that even though it was reported the door had been left unlocked.
Where is your mind headed? Lol I'm curious to know.

BBM

Define normal. *chuckles* Honestly, I can't say as there aren't many cases I've followed from the beginning... *whispers*... I'm still a newbie. But I would imagine it is, especially as new information is brought to light. Not that there has been a lot of new information, unfortunately, but there's been enough to rule some things out along the way (i.e. we know she didn't run away).

I think some sleuthers feel very strongly about their theories and others are still zeroing in, I'm in the latter. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't make a good detective.

All JMO.

LOL!!! Well I know I will never fall into the 'normal' category. That's what makes life so much fun. Haha

Yes, she didn't run away. That's about the ONLY thing that hasn't been ruled out!

I've always thought it would be interesting to be a detective but in quickly learning how completely and totally frustrating it would be. I don't think I would have the patience for it. I'm still into instant gratification. ��

I wonder if the roomies/friends have been called down to the station and given formal interviews where their words are taped and then transcribed word for word. Also I hope police interviewed them separately from the get-go.

I think they are probably in the process of interviewing them all again now that her body has been found. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back