AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, Miss D, you mentioned the apartments...could someone have seen her from their window or balcony?

I'm afraid, Miss D, that people abduct people all the time in busy settings, broad daylight even, with cameras, running the risk of being seen, when committing a crime of opportunity. And with it being late at night, early morning, chances are, someone might not have seen anything, especially if she got in the vehicle willingly (taxi).

All it takes is a blink of an eye. :( And if someone is big and strong, or has a weapon (gun, knife, stun gun, chloroform....)

It's something we wondered about in the Mickey Shunick case to the point it sparked some theories of her running away... the had to bump her off her bike, stop and get out his pickup, get her inside the pickup, her bike in the back of the pickup - all without anyone in the nearby gas station or anyone else seeing/hearing anything... not leaving anything of her or her bike behind..

And, Miss D, you mentioned the apartments...could someone have seen her from their window or balcony?

Yes, there are all kinds of apartments, some with balconies, some without balconies. It's the kind of area you don't know who could be watching what you are doing.

But I know there is always that possibility someone could have snatched her up but the possibility of this happening and no one seeing her and at that time of the morning when it's getting to be daylight seems remote to me.

There is a very dangerous area not far away. It's called Guadalupe. Lots of gangs, drugs, cartel, you name it. The cops are even afraid to go there. ;)

snipped:

Why didn't she have the cab pick her up at her apt.? That been bugging me... any ideas? It's like she did not want the cabbie or cab co. have record or or know where she lived? Was she afraid of someone else at cab co?

Her roommates didn't want her leaving.

Hey, what time do the bars close there? Any 24 hour clubs or bars nearby? What about Denny's etc...(just thinking out loud)...

snipped:

Why didn't she have the cab pick her up at her apt.? That been bugging me... any ideas? It's like she did not want the cabbie or cab co. have record or or know where she lived? Was she afraid of someone else at cab co?

This has been bugging me too and I'd love to know if LE have touched on this with the roommates/friends to see whether this was something she was in the habit of doing. Without knowing this it could mean nothing, or everything. I used to live in a flat which taxi drivers could NEVER find so would always book them from a nearby restaurant so as to avoid giving directions all the time. Even if it wasn't really necessary on this particular night, it may have been AS' usual "thing" to have a cab pick her up elsewhere, so she could withdraw cash first for example, and without thinking about it too much she just did the same this night.

Adrienne's apartment is so easy to find that a five year old could find it. So that would be no problem for a cab driver.

Yes, there are all kinds of apartments, some with balconies, some without balconies. It's the kind of area you don't know who could be watching what you are doing.

But I know there is always that possibility someone could have snatched her up but the possibility of this happening and no one seeing her and at that time of the morning when it's getting to be daylight seems remote to me.

There is a very dangerous area not far away. It's called Guadalupe. Lots of gangs, drugs, cartel, you name it. The cops are even afraid to go there. ;)

hey! hah! guadalupe has the best art ever, amazing stuff! and, a good place to grab some produce and tacos! i vouch for it! beautiful church, too.

i think that, salinas, in her current physical condition of both post-surgery, and being up for hours that night, i a minor collision as well, i dont think she had much physical strength or mental fortitude to put up with anything, to be honest.

she was, the weak zebra, and whether it was pack of hyenas, a lone wolf, or a jaguar who tracked her all night, i think its a horrible situation...

If she was "sneaking out" in that she did not want her roommates to know she had crashed her car and was leaving yet again, it makes perfect sense to me to meet a taxi away from the apartment. I would be pretty embarrassed to explain that not even wrecking my car and having to leave it on the streets was going to keep me from continuing the fight and/or making up.

LOL goblin! I'm just going by what some of my pals who live over in that area tell me. Yes I've been to some amazing places in Guadalupe myself, to be fair. But not late at night.

If she was "sneaking out" in that she did not want her roommates to know she had crashed her car and was leaving yet again, it makes perfect sense to me to meet a taxi away from the apartment. I would be pretty embarrassed to explain that not even wrecking my car and having to leave it on the streets was going to keep me from continuing the fight and/or making up.

A check of records would show if AS ever in the past had this cab co pick her up at her apt. Be interesting if she never did....

LOL goblin! I'm just going by what some of my pals who live over in that area tell me. Yes I've been to some amazing places in Guadalupe myself, to be fair. But not late at night.

i do believe KUPD radio station had their office right in guadalupe, i dated a girl that worked there and had to drop her off WAY LATE and it was crazy. packs of dogs running free in the streets, i thought i saw chupacabra. for real.

how did guadalupe come up in this conversation? i need to get over there and pick up some oaxaca art! its the best. google it. sorry to railroad thread. cheers yall

i do believe KUPD radio station had their office right in guadalupe, i dated a girl that worked there and had to drop her off WAY LATE and it was crazy. packs of dogs running free in the streets, i thought i saw chupacabra. for real.

how did guadalupe come up in this conversation? i need to get over there and pick up some oaxaca art! its the best. google it. sorry to railroad thread. cheers yall

It was me. Margarita was asking about areas nearby that might be considered risky or unsafe, places of prostitution etc. Guadalupe came to mind. I have a friend who was telling me his experiences of riding there at night with an undercover agent. He said he had to wear a bullet proof vest, the drive by shootings are so frequent.

Now that I know what it is:

Oocam's razor: What is the most likely scenario? = she got in a cab before she got to the AM/PM.

JMHO

It was me. Margarita was asking about areas nearby that might be considered risky or unsafe, places of prostitution etc. Guadalupe came to mind. I have a friend who was telling me his experiences of riding there at night with an undercover agent. He said he had to wear a bullet proof vest, the drive by shootings are so frequent.

guadalupe lays in proximity to both az mills, some gov. housing for tempe, and more dangerous than any of that, is south phx.

thats really the most dangerous area in phoenix, as far as im concerned.

tempe, even in area salinas went missing, is about 100 times better than when it was in the 1990s. people might get the wrong impression of tempe, and to be honest i would to, if i read this forum and didnt live here in downtown tempe area...

its actually a very safe community, we care about each other. i live in maple/ash historic district a mile or so from asu, and we are vigilante in our love for this town. we have a fb page, where we talk about our area and how we keep safe, and what businesses even, that we support.

salinas, i dont know if she ever felt that community here, thats the other side of coin. People, who have no connection and are transient to a town, who come and go and dont have concern or CARE about each other. i dont mean, salinas. i mean her young circle of friends, who dont realize that in a blink of an eye, you can be in the lake, you can be abducted, or hit by car, or anything, really.

and, thats the end story of this all, no matter what the outcome. people need to be more consistent and care about each other.

she should of had friends she could of confided in, that night. RIGHT AFTER ACCIDENT, who locked her in room and said, SALINAS you need sleep. we love you, chill out.

that didnt happen, for whatever reason. its a bummer, and its possibly gonna be tragic.

guadalupe lays in proximity to both az mills, some gov. housing for tempe, and more dangerous than any of that, is south phx.

thats really the most dangerous area in phoenix, as far as im concerned.

tempe, even in area salinas went missing, is about 100 times better than when it was in the 1990s. people might get the wrong impression of tempe, and to be honest i would to, if i read this forum and didnt live here in downtown tempe area...

its actually a very safe community, we care about each other. i live in maple/ash historic district a mile or so from asu, and we are vigilante in our love for this town. we have a fb page, where we talk about our area and how we keep safe, and what businesses even, that we support.

salinas, i dont know if she ever felt that community here, thats the other side of coin. People, who have no connection and are transient to a town, who come and go and dont have concern or CARE about each other. i dont mean, salinas. i mean her young circle of friends, who dont realize that in a blink of an eye, you can be in the lake, you can be abducted, or hit by car, or anything, really.

and, thats the end story of this all, no matter what the outcome. people need to be more consistent and care about each other.

she should of had friends she could of confided in, that night. RIGHT AFTER ACCIDENT, who locked her in room and said, SALINAS you need sleep. we love you, chill out.

that didnt happen, for whatever reason. its a bummer, and its possibly gonna be tragic.

WOW you took the words right out of my mouth as far as having good friends. My own brother past away this way because he was with a friend the night he had an accidental OD and his so called friend admitted in the police report that he saw and heard my brother gasping for air but he just put him in bed and let him die. Me personally would have taken him to the hospital even if it got me into trouble. At least someone wouldn't have died.

That being said, she is an adult and she can make her own decisions but I think her roommates could have tried harder in keeping her home or paying attention to what was going on.

Goblin and Kymmas, I know how you feel about thinking the roommates could have protected her better. And Kymm...I am so terribly sorry to hear about your brother and the very terrible way he passed.

I confess that I have probably not been as good a friend in the past as I could have been.

But we don't always know what is going to happen. We can't predict the future.

I lost a best friend commit suicide who I had been out with that very day, all day long, at the fair. She seemed happy to me other than one clue. She stopped as we were were leaving and bought one of those cheap bracelets you can have engraved on the spot. When we got to the car I asked to see it. She had the word "B**ch engraved on it.

I thought it was very strange. And I planned on talking to her the next day about it. But that night she hung herself in the garage.

I lived with guilt for a long time until I finally came to grips. Could I have prevented it? Possibly. I will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem