AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope this case does not go the way of Lauren S.'s, where many people feel the people she was with that night have the answer, as if so, they have not been inclined to speak out in over two years.

I am not getting the same vibe from Adrienne's disappearance, as LE seems to believe she was out and about on foot in the wee hours. I also think they believe she is the person on the tape, or why release it (the info) all? They did not ask for the person on the tape to come forward.

Did they ask for the driver of the vehicle to come forward? If not, why not?

And I can see her arguing with this guy too while she was driving her car. I'm worried about what this theoried secret boyfriend could have done to her in that car. He could have hit her on the temple/side of head and that could have caused her to crash. He could have switched seats and sped off before the witness could ask for help, in fear she would look in the car and see a more serious situation going on and Adrienne injured... :(

At this point IMO I'm not so sure that was Adrienne on that video.

I worry her car was left on an off street bc the secret boyfriend didn't want anyone to see him get her body out. He could have even had time to reset the seat. Then he could have walked her body over to the lake :(

Fact: she went back to her apartment after the accident.

This (bolded above) is a good point to consider.

jmo

I agree. But I will say this...the first reports that came out prefaced their stories with "After a night of drinking".

I think that's what has everyone thinking she was intoxicated, including the erratic behavior, erratic driving, party going on with alcohol, etc.

No one is trying to make Adrienne out a drunk. I think she was a typical teenager, a very good kid, and had a lot of emotional stuff going on at the time. That's what I have always felt, from the beginning.

Alcohol can cloud your judgement, which is why it is pointed out here when considering what happened to her.

And yup the Indian school road reference is how we got an idea of the general location of his apartment for mapping. So glad that info was released now so we can better understand the scene! Thanks for this, too.

4:43 or 4:47am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (1 & 4)
4:52am – A slender woman was seen in the west parking lot of O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the surveillance cameras . Address is 1002 W. University Ave. (12) It has not been confirmed whether or not the woman seen is Adrienne.
4:54am – A dark 4 door sedan was seen heading northbound in the same parking lot 2 minutes later on the surveillance cameras (12).
5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.
5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)
5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)
5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute.
5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

LE must feel certain that it was Adrienne seen on the video. What was Adrienne doing cutting through that Oriely's west parking lot? What was she doing there? Where was she now heading?
Somewhere back in another thread there was some discussion that that the cab had actually been called to the gas station kitty corner to the AMPM. I think this discussion was based on rumor.
Was Adrienne ditching the cabbie? She would not have wanted him to see her if he was at the AMPM calling and was "hiding" or going an out of the way direction to avoid him?
But, where was she headed? Did she plan to meet someone from the party, IDK-I just cant make this fit as to why she would meet them up the street or in another area.

The next thing that seems off to me is the 5:06 call to the cabbie.
He is calling and calling... wondering where she is. Why return his call at all and say you will be there in a minute if she decided to ditch him? Or...answer when he calls and just say, "be there in a minute" but she calls him back Seems off to me, somehow.

I would also like to see a map (I am a mess with maps on the internet) of the parking lot and the entry and exits for the black vehicle which is seen and heads north. What route would the vehicle have taken?

Thanks for all the help y'all.

jmo

Did they ask for the driver of the vehicle to come forward? If not, why not?

Fact: she went back to her apartment after the accident.

Did anyone SEE her go back to the APT?

Not that I remember.

They just assumed she went back bc LE found her keys and wallet back there. But if no one saw ADRIENNE drop her keys and wallet back at the apartment, maybe someone else did who they had already seen at the party earlier.

This has been one of the issues in this investigation (as officer Pooley noted) that the roommate and party goers inability to remember her actually walking in after the wreck. Things just go blank at that point. What was she invisible when she dropped her things off?

Something smells rotten in Denmark.

LE must feel certain that it was Adrienne seen on the video. What was Adrienne doing cutting through that Oriely's west parking lot? What was she doing there? Where was she now heading?
Somewhere back in another thread there was some discussion that that the cab had actually been called to the gas station kitty corner to the AMPM. I think this discussion was based on rumor.
Was Adrienne ditching the cabbie? She would not have wanted him to see her if he was at the AMPM calling and was "hiding" or going an out of the way direction to avoid him?
But, where was she headed? Did she plan to meet someone from the party, IDK-I just cant make this fit as to why she would meet them up the street or in another area.

The next thing that seems off to me is the 5:06 call to the cabbie.
He is calling and calling... wondering where she is. Why return his call at all and say you will be there in a minute if she decided to ditch him? Or...answer when he calls and just say, "be there in a minute" but she calls him back Seems off to me, somehow.

I would also like to see a map (I am a mess with maps on the internet) of the parking lot and the entry and exits for the black vehicle which is seen and heads north. What route would the vehicle have taken?

Thanks for all the help y'all.

jmo

I will post my crude map I did here for you to look at. It got left behind on the last thread.

Not that I remember.

They just assumed she went back bc LE found her keys and wallet back there. But if no one saw ADRIENNE drop her keys and wallet back at the apartment, maybe someone else did who they had already seen at the party earlier.

This has been one of the issues in this investigation - the roommate and party goers inability to remember her actually walking in after the wreck. Things just go blank at that point. What was she invisible when she dropped her things off?

BBM - today I read for the first time that the police report says that the roommate, Flores, says she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne after her BF called to say Adrienne was walking home, but didn't find her. When Flores got back to the apt, she found Adrienne outside and spoke to her "on the grass" but then A. went inside and Flores never saw her again. I posted this quote someplace earlier in this thread or at the end of the last one.

This got left behind on the last thread. Posting it here now for WideOpen and others who haven't seen it yet.

FYI, Adrienne lives several blocks North of O'Reilly's and the AM/PM and on the East side of the 4 lane street (Hardy), on the same side as the AM/PM.

O'Reilly's (as you can see) backs up to Hardy Drive and the front of the building cannot be seen from the AM/PM store.

There are two entrances to O'Reilly's. One off of University, heading north (the direction the dark colored 4 door vehicle was going) and another entering heading West from Hardy.

ampmandoreillys_zps7716b94d.jpg

LE said she went back to her apartment. That is good enough for me. They also seem to have cleared the BF. I think he had his hands full with her that night. JMO

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend

"Arteaga then showed officers his phone records showing that he made a call shortly afterwards to one of Salinas’ roommates to tell them she was walking home.

The roommate, Rebecca Flores, told officers she went looking for Salinas on her bike but didn’t find her.

When Flores returned to their apartment, she found Salinas and said she was “calmly upset” over the argument with Arteaga.

After the two spoke outside on the grass, Salinas went upstairs to her bedroom and packed a small bag, though Flores did not see her leave.
"

Not that I remember.

This has been one of the issues in this investigation (as officer Pooley noted) that the roommate and party goers inability to remember her actually walking in after the wreck. Things just go blank at that point. What was she invisible when she dropped her things off?

Police say she went back to the apartment, changed clothes, and left again. I would assume they are not just speculating but have witnesses.

IMO if her friends/roommates had harmed her, it would make far more sense to say she left the apartment on her own and would not listen to their warnings, i.e. instead of denying seeing her leave at all. JMO

I agree on the roommates not seeing her leave the very last time she left. But I do think it's possible there was someone else there who could have been hanging around the apartment. Someone who might have been at the party. Or possibly someone she spoke with if she had taken her little dog outside for a few minutes. She loved the dog. That's an important factor.

MissD,

I managed to go to google and zoom out a bit on the map. I could clearly see a path she might have taken and noticed also on the west side of the street (where she was walking) there is another large apartment complex. I also was able to picture the parking lot and a vehicle entering and exit path.

Thank you, jmo

MissD,

I managed to go to google and zoom out a bit on the map. I could clearly see a path she might have taken and noticed also on the west side of the street (where she was walking) there is another large apartment complex. I also was able to picture the parking lot and a vehicle entering and exit path.

Thank you, jmo

Thanks for this info, Wide! I think I'll bring it up and go back, take another look at it.

WTG

BBM - today I read for the first time that the police report says that the roommate, Flores, says she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne after her BF called to say Adrienne was walking home, but didn't find her. When Flores got back to the apt, she found Adrienne outside and spoke to her "on the grass" but then A. went inside and Flores never saw her again. I posted this quote someplace earlier in this thread or at the end of the last one.

This meeting with RF was Before Adrienne left for scottsdale and had the wreck, not after.

No one saw her actually come back from the wreck.

The first roommate said they all were asleep/party was over when AS must have come back in without then seeing.

There's no statement in the media about RF ever saying anything past talking with AS on the grass before seeing her go inside to pack her overnight bag and leave.

Police say she went back to the apartment, changed clothes, and left again. I would assume they are not just speculating but have witnesses.

Ok... The issue we all had with this case in thread 1 was how Addienne's car key, house key, and wallet AND outfit she had been wearing at the party earlier all ended up back in her apartment without any of her roommates/partygoers seeing her return after the wreck.

This, from day 1, has been why I was so interested in this specific case.

No one saw her return after the wreck. Not one. If you can show me differently, please do.

In fact the last person to "see" her most likely was the witness of the wreck...

Her last known acquaintance (that will talk) to come into contact with SD was Rebecca Flores.... Although in early reports her other roomie SD claimed she saw Adrienne in the apartment before AS left and got in her wreck. Why the media and police reports no longer support/utilize her story I'm assuming it might have been bogus or LE doesn't find SD to be as credible anymore for whatever reasons (maybe she was just simply too drunk to remember the facts).

You are right. I don't think anyone said they specifically saw her come back. I think LE said that she came back because her keys and overnight bag were there. And that the dress she was wearing when she left was also there. I argued the same point a while back.

I just do not believe that LE simply accepted that she returned to her apartment because her things were there. Anyone could have put her things there.

I have followed many cases and LE generally makes a point to state that they were "told" something. I,e "told she returned" vs. "she returned." In this case, they have said she returned from the start. How they know, I know not, but I trust them in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw