Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
but the family said she “has the maturity level of a 14 year old.” Noemi went missing when she went to a park by herself at evening time.
Is it fair (to this person) to let her “live her life” just cuz she is over 18, or should this person be protected by child laws due to their “teenaged maturity level ?”
If it comes down to this, I think a lot of guys have the maturity level of a 14 year old well into their 30s...
(Not to dismiss a diagnosis, just to lightly point out that we are all way more different than we think, even without one)

I agree that it doesn't seem that their relationship has been officially confirmed as romantic in nature. The primary news media sites that are using the term boyfriend are gossip media like Daily Mail and New York Post. Reputable news media has been saying 'older man with Alicia', 'Alicia's roommate' or even 'alleged boyfriend' to describe him which is more objective regarding what information we know.

Really all we have to go off of right now regarding them is witness statements. From neighbors at the apartment complex and from an anonymous ex-coworker of the man. Both mention the niece/uncle monikers used by both of them. In regards to the hand holding it is of note that the neighbor said he thinks he saw them holding hands once. Not 'I saw' but 'I think I saw'. There is a difference in conclusiveness.

“I would see both of them walking out. Quite often,” he said. “I think I saw them holding hands once when they were leaving.

“She said she was walking with her uncle and got lost and she’s looking for 6th Street,” Garrett continued. “
I later found out that she was referring to him as her uncle.”

"The Walmart employee also recounted how another colleague said Davis was invited out to a bar 'a while back' and was asked whether he wanted to bring his girlfriend, but Davis denied he and Navarro were dating.

'Eddie replied, saying it was his niece not his girlfriend,
and that she was too young,' the source said, relaying what his friend had told him."

The coworker also stated this, "They were using the cover... about it being his niece". Which wasn't backed with further evidence so you can take that statement however you want. Also in the same article it mentions he had worked at that local Walmart for 5 years. So is possible Alicia could have been in Montana the whole time? Also good for investigation for LE since the same job means his residences in that time would be in the system of his employer.

Just a thought I had regarding the uncle/niece thing. What if this guy is a relative of who Alicia was with when she left in 2019? I agree too that we haven't heard much about her father's side. I have family that I am not biologically related to that was the result of a marriage. I see them as blood relatives though. (I'm saying it is not impossible for him to be a relative of her father's. Like from a marriage that occurred later on. Like him being her Step-uncle)

I am trying to remain objective until we get more information. I am still noticing a lot of things being stated as fact due to feelings or opinions. Until we have like a picture of them kissing on New Year's Eve with 2019-2021 clearly visible in the background or Alicia speaking out and confirming exactly what happened to her I really don't know what to think of this case. It seems either people are going to be in camp "he's a predator! Lock him up!" Or camp "we don't know enough information to conclude anything just yet; she's legally an adult". I am personally just hoping it isn't as bad as it could be or seems.

AZFamily has a new podcast. Haven't had a chance to listen so I don't know if there's anything new here.

AUG 7, 2023

Arizona's Family Investigates: The Bizarre Case of Alicia Navarro

Alicia Navarro went missing from Glendale at age 14 back in 2019. For years, no one knew where she was. Suddenly, in July 2023, she walked into a police station in Montana near the Canadian border asking to be taken off the missing persons list. How did she get there? Who may have taken her there? Who had she been staying with? Amy Cutler and Jason Barry discuss the developing details of this case that has captivated the nation.

AZFamily has a new podcast. Haven't had a chance to listen so I don't know if there's anything new here.

AUG 7, 2023

Arizona's Family Investigates: The Bizarre Case of Alicia Navarro

Alicia Navarro went missing from Glendale at age 14 back in 2019. For years, no one knew where she was. Suddenly, in July 2023, she walked into a police station in Montana near the Canadian border asking to be taken off the missing persons list. How did she get there? Who may have taken her there? Who had she been staying with? Amy Cutler and Jason Barry discuss the developing details of this case that has captivated the nation.
There’s nothing too new, except Glendale police still seem to have a unit in Montana investigating, and they stressed that just because there is nothing new reported doesn’t mean they aren’t investigating

They also stressed people need to leave the family alone-don’t be haunting them with picture taking or harassing them on social media

There’s nothing too new, except Glendale police still seem to have a unit in Montana investigating, and they stressed that just because there is nothing new reported doesn’t mean they aren’t investigating

They also stressed people need to leave the family alone-don’t be haunting them with picture taking or harassing them on social media
Thank you. :)

That sentence- about no news doesn’t mean there’s no investigation- makes me optimistic.

I listened to a podcast of some guys named Gaydos and Chad (I think). They discussed this case with the PI hired by Alicia’s mom. Reading between the lines, he was very helpful when it came to info about the case, which seems to mirror your mmsentence about the on-going investigation.

He said something to the effect of, “If everyone sits back and sort of thinks about what investigators might be doing right now, they’d figure it out.

Sound to me like they’re combing through the electronic communications with a fine tooth comb as they build a case. That’s my gut.

He also said Alicia has not been certain about her future plans when it comes to where she’s going to live…or anything.

MOO

as a last resort, if LE fails to arrest anyone, AN’s mother maybe could seek a permanent or emergency guardianship in court. This is usually for senior care, but it wouldn’t hurt to try

“An emergency guardianship in Arizona is expedited (within 24-72 hours) and typically chosen when imminent financial harm, physical harm, or death is going to happen to an incapacitated person.”

(In Arizona, Incapacitated person includes any person who is impaired by reason of mental illness, mental deficiency, mental disorder)

AN recently moved to a dangerous native reservation known for violent crimes, so one could Argue there is imminent physical harm exacerbated by her vulnerabilities, lack of proper education, lack of medical care, etc.

If emergency guardianship arguments fail, she can then try to file for permanent guardianship:

“A permanent guardianship will be granted if the ward is still unable to take care of themselves and there is no reasonable objection to not granting the guardianship.”

Last edited:
@MiamiGuy50 what makes you think she's incapacitated?

Not the OP, but this guardianship, if granted, could pave the way for the young lady to be appropriately interviewed to learn where she has been since disappearing, see that her health care needs are met, and determine her next steps into adulthood. imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

I was thinking her lack of dental care could help with that. But if she is able to get all her paperwork to legally work, maybe she will get medical and dental. I am hoping a witnesses have come forward and they can get a solid timeline on this.
Plenty of people in this county have poor dental care without relation to their being incapacitated and unable to care for themselves. Jmo.

If people don't leave her alone she might just disappear again. She clearly just wants to live a "normal" life and not be bothered by other people. Whatever the reason may be, it appears she's not willing to have contact with her mother and just wanted her to know she's okay so she can stop looking and move on. Yes, I know this is cold but Alicia has the right to make her own decisions and to be respected.

I haven't seen any updates on this case at all in the media so I'm just wondering if we even know yet, if mother and daughter have still not made any contact.

I really don't think a meaningful reunion can/will take place until the perp is out of the way. IMO, AN was a very vulnerable child that was preyed upon like so many 14 yr old's, and then add her being autistic-- this just raised the stakes.

It will take some time for her to realize she was a victim of her partner, and it's not going to happen as long as he's in her daily presence. JMO

I was not aware of it being known for sure whether AN does or does not want contact with her mother, or whether the guy she lives with was or was not involved with her when she was underaged. In fact, I don’t think we even know for sure that he is actually her boyfriend and not her uncle. ???

I was not aware of it being known for sure whether AN does or does not want contact with her mother, or whether the guy she lives with was or was not involved with her when she was underaged. In fact, I don’t think we even know for sure that he is actually her boyfriend and not her uncle. ???
You are correct, we do not have these facts. We don't know if she wants contact with her mother, we don't know the backstory of why she left and we do not know the length and nature of that relationship. Though IMO, we would know by now if he were her relative (even if from the unknown fathers side), so I don't think that's very likely.

Personally, I think it is likely that she ran away to be with a guy etc, but I am not sure if it's the same guy and I am also not sure if there were any extremely sinister motives that are so often attributed here. We know Alicia is not neurotypical, we don't know if the guy is or is not. I somehow don't think it is likely that a sick child-grooming pedophile keeps her alive all these years and lets her go to the PD to get a personal drivers licence, so it is possible that the backstory is a bit more complex than these black-and-white movie plots getting thrown around.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back