Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don’t think she had my dental care at all during that time. When she was first found and they interviewed the neighbours, everyone remarked on her very very bad dental hygiene. Like ‘immediately noticeable and one of the first things anyone remarked on’ level of severe. (I know I’ve posted about this exact topic before, sorry to be a bore, lol).
No apology needed; you didn't bring it up again, you are just providing the information again.

I agree but even if she had, she likely would have been turned away for unrelated reasons. Jmo.
Very good point, a proper orthodontist would've turned them away. Would've made note of them too, especially someone who can tell by teeth alone how old someone is etc.

Not to mention the cost, AN possibly being on her parents insurance, not having proper ID, being a minor etc... Too risky to come forward, calling attention to AN.

I often dwell on this point because it's the one thing that clearly indicates a level of neglect on the part of whoever was "taking care" of Alicia. :(

I think it is possible glendale pd is still building its case and probably without a lot of help from AN and her family who are focused on reclaiming the life they have and going forward I would imagine. We most likely are never going to know who lured or led AN away from home, why or what happened during that time. I am sure the information would help others in similar situations, but it is the families choice to keep the info private and we are respecting that. I think the evidence they had on him for these charges was clear cut and easy to have so he is going to be put away.....

I think it is possible glendale pd is still building its case and probably without a lot of help from AN and her family who are focused on reclaiming the life they have and going forward I would imagine. We most likely are never going to know who lured or led AN away from home, why or what happened during that time. I am sure the information would help others in similar situations, but it is the families choice to keep the info private and we are respecting that. I think the evidence they had on him for these charges was clear cut and easy to have so he is going to be put away.....
I agree the local PD may still be working on the case. I hope they are and that they’ll hold the kidnappers/child abusers accountable. But it’s not up to the victims family to decide whether those criminal files be made public.

I agree the local PD may still be working on the case. I hope they are and that they’ll hold the kidnappers/child abusers accountable. But it’s not up to the victims family to decide whether those criminal files be made public.
true but it is up the victim and the family to cooperate which if they were to choose not to would really stop an investigation from getting what they need to prosecute :(

true but it is up the victim and the family to cooperate which if they were to choose not to would really stop an investigation from getting what they need to prosecute :(
They seized her captor’s computer along with other possessions. They found enough to arrest him for other CSAM, so it’s likely the found other important information about AN’s life as a minor. JMO.

It’s possible LE doesn’t want to involve her in the investigation, but instead to allow her some privacy.

They seized her captor’s computer along with other possessions. They found enough to arrest him for other CSAM, so it’s likely the found other important information about AN’s life as a minor. JMO.

It’s possible LE doesn’t want to involve her in the investigation, but instead to allow her some privacy.
Unless I missed something, it hasn't been established that ED was AN's captor.

Unless I missed something, it hasn't been established that ED was AN's captor.
He may not be the captor but he was keeping AN at his place without dental care (among other things) so he would be a captor, as in, confining her to the house. IMO.

He may not be the captor but he was keeping AN at his place without dental care (among other things) so he would be a captor, as in, confining her to the house. IMO.
I don't understand your post. AN was nineteen when she willingly walked into a Montana police station and requested to be taking off the "missing persons" list. That is legal adult age and, as I already mentioned, I do not think it's been established that ED held AN captive or confined her to the house, or prevented her from seeking dental care or anything else.

I could always be wrong, though. If you have information that ED held AN captive, confined her to the house or prevented her from seeking dental care or other care, please link to a source. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't think there's any point in having a discussion with factual inaccuracies.

I also don't understand stating things as fact when they're not (at least, not to my knowledge) then adding "IMO" or the like afterwards. Does that mean it is really just your suspicion that ED may have done those things, even though you stated them as facts? If so, that might be where the misunderstanding/confusion lies. Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't understand your post. AN was nineteen when she willingly walked into a Montana police station and requested to be taking off the "missing persons" list. That is legal adult age and, as I already mentioned, I do not think it's been established that ED held AN captive or confined her to the house, or prevented her from seeking dental care or anything else.

I could always be wrong, though. If you have information that ED held AN captive, confined her to the house or prevented her from seeking dental care or other care, please link to a source. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't think there's any point in having a discussion with factual inaccuracies.

I also don't understand stating things as fact when they're not (at least, not to my knowledge) then adding "IMO" or the like afterwards. Does that mean it is really just your suspicion that ED may have done those things, even though you stated them as facts? If so, that might be where the misunderstanding/confusion lies. Thank you.
I agree, the article states that none of the images were of AN. Images are concrete evidence of the crimes he has committed. Unfortunately I think AN needs to cooperate if there are to be charges involving her. Do I think he is creepy YES do I think he is involved with AN illegally (she was a child) YES but a prosecutor wants evidence that will stand up and there just doesn't seem to be any in the case of AN at this time (my opinions). I understand them wanting privacy but I do feel the case would be stronger if my feelings of his involvement are right... if they cooperate. The article states the Glendale PD is still investigating but without AN being involved. He may never be charged with anything in her case.... but he is gonna be locked up a long time on this other case. Where does the Alicia Navarro case stand more than a year later?

I agree, the article states that none of the images were of AN. Images are concrete evidence of the crimes he has committed. Unfortunately I think AN needs to cooperate if there are to be charges involving her. Do I think he is creepy YES do I think he is involved with AN illegally (she was a child) YES but a prosecutor wants evidence that will stand up and there just doesn't seem to be any in the case of AN at this time (my opinions). I understand them wanting privacy but I do feel the case would be stronger if my feelings of his involvement are right... if they cooperate. The article states the Glendale PD is still investigating but without AN being involved. He may never be charged with anything in her case.... but he is gonna be locked up a long time on this other case. Where does the Alicia Navarro case stand more than a year later?
Exactly. ED is a sex criminal and imo seems highly suspicious in AN's case, too. But nothing has yet been proven or charged to that effect, as far as I know.

And of course sometimes a case is not what it appears to be at first glance, as we true crime buffs know well. For ex. it's also entirely possible that ED didn't meet AN until she was legal adult age and didn't commit any crimes against her.

Last edited:

No, you're right. I should have clarified the "IMO" is because I do believe that was an element of coercion, even if it isn't explicitly stated. Not having dental care, being unemployed, claiming he was a family member, going to a PD to say she is not missing, are all red flags for me for believing that ED did something, or something was off, again, even if the court charges were unrelated to AN, or police haven't clarified anything about their relationship.

Am I the only person that still finds it possible that Alicia might have left her home because she wanted to? And that she didn't go back until now because she didn't want to? I can understand why her mother feels the need to blame someone else, but why are we, strangers to Alicia, trying to blame someone for her leaving her home?

His charges are not related to Alicia. Sometimes kids run away and don't want to be found, she wouldn't be the first case and won't be the last.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back