AZ AZ - Alissa Turney, 17, Phoenix, 17 May 2001 *stepdad ARREST in 2020, acquitted*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you’ve been following cases like the Bryan Patrick Miller trial, this case is VERY different. That trial took 8 months, this one will take around two weeks (technically less than). That was a bench trial and this is a jury trial. Witnesses will be important to the state, because their case is based on lots of circumstantial evidence.

Judge Sam J Myers is making it clear to use microphone when speaking - earlier it was noted that a juror had difficulty hearing unless the person was speaking into the mic. MOO

Sarah Turney is back on the stand. The state is starting by showing her some family pictures and asking about Alissa’s friendships. She is emotional while speaking.

The state is now showing the alleged note left by Alissa when she dissapeared in 2001. The note says:
“When you droped (that’s the spelling me off at school today I decided that really (a few words you can’t make out) going to California. Sarah you said you didn’t want me around. Look you got it I’m gone! That’s why I saved my money. Dad I took $300 from you.”

Sarah says she didn’t want Alissa to leave that she took care of her…even got her dressed in the morning if she was there.

Sarah says the only memory she has of going to look for Alissa was once. She says they went to the beach and mall, and she remembers handing out flyers for a few minutes. She doesn’t remember any other trips.

I don't recall when Sarah was first interviewed if she was a minor or exactly how old at the time of initial interview. Nonetheless the defense attorney is a bit aggressive (imo) with his questioning/comments. Is he using Sarah's words against her all these years later? Sarah is a victim too and her sister is most likely deceased. He shows no empathy about a missing young girl (Alissa -17 years of age at the time) and comes across as if it is not the norm for sisters to have disagreements especially with siblings that have an age difference between them such as Alissa and Sarah did.

Sarah is doing well during testimony. Defense is not rattling her.

All of this is a matter of my opinion.

Last edited:
Defense attorneys are now asking questions about the day Alissa went missing.

They are asking Alissa about an interview with police discussing how she apparently described her sister then, a partier, irresponsible, wanted to take in the world. Sarah has said several times that those were things her dad told her and made her believe. She even at one point used the word “brainwashed”.

Defense continues to ask Sarah about what was said in an interview to police. Specifically about the day Alissa went missing, the trip to California, and now they are asking her about the recorded phone calls that were brought up Thursday.

Sorry this tweet published late. We are now back and there is discussion over evidence the defense wants admitted (basically shown) to the jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megsleuths97
Back