AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question because only in the older sections of Scottsdale do they have alleys. Their main function is for waste management.

I'm familiar with the camera app function as well. That's a nice feature to have with your security system. Especially when you are out of town etc.
We were robbed last spring. Long story,but we know who did it. My son who doesn't live at home keeps his BMW in our garage( he has another car). They came in through a locked window,and stole the car right out of the garage after finding the spare set. We also have 2 pit bulls,but they are mushes. After that experience we got the alarm and cameras installed,which my son paid for. It was expensive. $5,000. We still only tend to use it when we leave the house. I think in Allison's case she probably opened the door not thinking anything bad would happen,especially since it was still daylight.

We were robbed last spring. Long story,but we know who did it. My son who doesn't live at home keeps his BMW in our garage( he has another car). They came in through a locked window,and stole the car right out of the garage after finding the spare set. We also have 2 pit bulls,but they are mushes. After that experience we got the alarm and cameras installed,which my son paid for. It was expensive. $5,000. We still only tend to use it when we leave the house. I think in Allison's case she probably opened the door not thinking anything bad would happen,especially since it was still daylight.

I'm glad no one was hurt. Horrible experience. I had a date with a guy one night and went to his condo where he cooked dinner for me. While we were inside someone stole his car right out of his garage. LOL! It happens in the best of neighborhoods. ;)

Too bad Allison didn't have a dog. But it would have been impossible with her traveling so much.

**** An aside - we don't know that it was still daylight do we? I was under the impression it was much later after she had spoken to her dad on the phone. Probably some time Tuesday night. I'm just guessing since her body was found on Wednesday and he (BF) didn't spend the night with her Tuesday.

she may have been killed with a gardening tool for example, and they may not want to release that for fear of alarming any above-speculated about "handymen". Just thinking of why they are being tight lipped about COD or MOD.

That's a good example. Can you think of any others?

I happen to have an alarm system and cameras and I can access the cameras from my phone. I wanted to ask about the alleys. They aren't at all common where I live on Lon Island. What is their function?

The alarms with phone access are amazing. As are the cameras. Did anyone see the house that was broken into where the guy kicked the door in (dogs ran away in the house, so to people who said on another thread that if dogs are there the perp is screwed, not true), stole stuff and saw the camera on his way out. Well, the homeowners got everything because it downloaded to their hard drive. I was wondering if that could be something here. That would change things. Was her device destroyed? Did they have to pull it from the server? Or were the cameras in tact?

I don't know about her alleys, but where I live, we use them because many people have their garages in the alleys. Try park their cars their and pull in and out. Also, garbage cans are left there for some streets and the trucks go down and pick them up. I mention all of this because if this is the case by her, I wonder if something could have be dumped in a can in the alley. I live in a very nice neighborhood, so we were shocked when someone was caught getting arrested literally running down our street. He had fled a suburb near by and caused a problem at a business, before throwing something in the alley and running through the neighbors yards.

O/t
They are a pain in the behind when snow comes along because they can't be plowed by the city. We got around 20inches and it had to be plowed by each person. Thankfully our block is awesome, but many people couldn't get out of their garages.

People tend to break into houses in good neighborhoods because they have nice things. Also, location is key. If the area is close to the highway/freeway, it is a prime location. At least these are boths true in my area per LE. As I am reading this, in a house, with an amazing alarm system, I have to agree. I never turn it on until I go to sleep. Which is actually so stupid because in our area they said that breaking occur most often between 10-3 because, shocking, no one is typically home.

I personally feel that she either let someone in or they were already in her house and surprised them or they were there waiting for her. I pray that the camera caught something.

can I think of others? I'm sure we have all read fiction and non with lots of crazy weapons, no? pool chemicals or equipment, hammer, nail gun, cords/cables, TASER, clipboard laden with marketing materials, brick paver/cut flagstone, mop bucket, something else that gave away the killer's profession or penchant perhaps?

I don't think it's anything as nefarious as any of those though - I honestly think they are crossing t's and dotting i's before moving in.

we have had some home invasions in the area recently but unless this is connected to a string of others (and if THAT is the angle they are working I'd be surprised), I am thinking more personal than that IMO.

Alleys here are not like they are "back east". They do not really run behind garages in that area - it's more for trash pick-up, as mentioned.

I've been to Scottsdale twice. Both times after a cold winter here in NY so I was loving the weather. I love the desert climate. My dad lived in Vegas for 22 years so I know how hot it gets,but I love the dry climate. I can see Allison wanting to live there after college. I think as was stated above, LE is probably keeping the cause of death and murder weapon close to their vest. I hope this is solved soon. How tragic.

we have had some home invasions in the area recently but unless this is connected to a string of others (and if THAT is the angle they are working I'd be surprised), I am thinking more personal than that IMO.

Alleys here are not like they are "back east". They do not really run behind garages in that area - it's more for trash pick-up, as mentioned.

What is "back-east"

Allison's alley was, as AzPG described it, mainly for the pickup of trash. Her garage was attached and in the front of the house. It was visible on most of the videos and photos of the crime scene during the investigation.

Another thing about Scottsdale is that we have a "dark sky ordinance". This means that it isn't lit up like a Christmas tree at night. This is for the purpose of stargazers who enjoy looking at the beautiful Arizona sky. Many HOAs will not allow you to use over a certain wattage light bulb in your exterior lights or landscaping.

The closest grocery stores to Allison, the same ones I shop at, are not all that well lit at night. Sometimes it's downright creepy going out to your car in the parking lot.

I've wondered if she could have been followed home. I hope LE has looked at the surveillance videos of all these stores and other nearby shopping places she might have frequented.

Allison's alley was, as AzPG described it, mainly for the pickup of trash. Her garage was attached and in the front of the house. It was visible on most of the videos and photos of the crime scene during the investigation.

Another thing about Scottsdale is that we have a "dark sky ordinance". This means that it isn't lit up like a Christmas tree at night. This is for the purpose of stargazers who enjoy looking at the beautiful Arizona sky. Many HOAs will not allow you to use over a certain wattage light bulb in your exterior lights or landscaping.

The closest grocery stores to Allison, the same ones I shop at, are not all that well lit at night. Sometimes it's downright creepy going out to your car in the parking lot.

I've wondered if she could have been followed home. I hope LE has looked at the surveillance videos of all these stores and other nearby shopping places she might have frequented.

So, to my point, someone could have thrown something out in the cans. Sorry if this is a silly question, how do the backyards work? Are they high fence or low fence? Can someone walking down the alley get in the yard and fron there how to get in the house and garage?

Her alley "fence" is actually a block wall, as are a lot of them. High enough, but not too high to scale and be in the yard and from there make entry into the house, yes, totally possible. But, how do I say this, people don't really walk in the alleys. The photo showing crime scene tape along Allison's back wall is interesting. I don't recall ever seeing the full perimeter of how crime scene tape is displayed - does the tape always circle an entire house if a crime was committed inside? I imagine it is, but it still struck me seeing the tape in the alleyway.

I don't find it that unusual for LE to keep cause of death back for now. They often do this to rule out the crazies who confess, or those who simply claim to "know" details of the crime. Or, as AZP suggested, if the manner of death points to a specific person or type of employment, they may not want that made public prior to an arrest. They may also hold back time of death, and other elements of the crime too, for similar reasons. Jmo

OT - wow, never heard of "dark sky" ordinance, thanks! Not good if it makes you feel uneasy going to car in parking lot.

I don't find it that unusual for LE to keep cause of death back for now. They often do this to rule out the crazies who confess, or those who simply claim to "know" details of the crime. Or, as AZP suggested, if the manner of death points to a specific person or type of employment, they may not want that made public prior to an arrest. They may also hold back time of death, and other elements of the crime too, for similar reasons. Jmo

I'm sure you're right. Probably knowing the COD is more important to us living here in the area than it is to those of you who don't. So naturally we are more interested.

Also, most of us haven't had the experience that most of the regular Websleuthers have with how investigations are handled. My own is only from Adrienne's sad and tragic disappearance/murder/whatever. :(

I don't want this to end without them catching the killer.

Also common for the South Texas 'burbs I grew up in during the early 80's. It's so trash cans aren't visible on the streets, nor do the trash trucks traverse the burb streets as a rule. It sounds like it was a common theme for mid 80s/early 90s middle class subdivisions.

I'm sure you're right. Probably knowing the COD is more important to us living here in the area than it is to those of you who don't. So naturally we are more interested.

Also, most of us haven't had the experience that most of the regular Websleuthers have with how investigations are handled. My own is only from Adrienne's sad and tragic disappearance/murder/whatever. :(

I don't want this to end without them catching the killer.

OT - yep, I have learned so so so much since Adrienne's death about investigations from many other cases here at WS. It helps to see how things are handled in other cases and other jurisdictions, and sometimes applying logic from one case to another is helpful and other times it just goes to show how differently cases are handled in different parts of the country/world.

All that to say that it really isn't odd to withhold COD at this point, from what I've seen in other cases. And also - something will break in Allison's case. Let's not let her death be forgotten before it's even been solved. Always appreciate your passion for getting to what matters ETA: and your outside-the-box thinking!, MissD.

The alleys are something I'm not familiar with. I don't believe there are many neighborhoods here on Long Island that have them. I hope it wasn't someone who followed her and got into the garage if she parked her car in there since there's access into the house from her garage. Do we know if her car was in the driveway or in the garage?

The alleys are something I'm not familiar with. I don't believe there are many neighborhoods here on Long Island that have them. I hope it wasn't someone who followed her and got into the garage if she parked her car in there since there's access into the house from her garage. Do we know if her car was in the driveway or in the garage?

I'd think that if that is what is suspected, that would have been released - either during the community meeting or publicly, because that is dangerous and residents should be more careful, but that wasn't the message being sent at the meeting or publicly. The message was that this was not random and was isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth