AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why won't they tell us how she died?

This is the thing that is the most puzzling and that we want answers to.

We want to know how she was murdered and if she was sexually assaulted, robbed, etc.

Were there signs of a struggle? What happened?

Not knowing this causes us to have more fear than knowing.

We simply can't understand why knowing the COD would jeopardize the investigation.

It has to be something completely and totally bizarre and probably gruesome. That's what we are all thinking.

So horribly tragic. They simply must catch her killer. I wish someone here could come up with some answers. Some plausible theories. Something that someone else didn't see, didn't catch. Something that could lead us to her killer.

This is what I'm hoping. This is why I'm sharing all that I can with you guys.

Okay..that's it for now.

Good points! We all know that LE needs to hold back certain details - but too often IMO too much is held back. I'm imagining if something like this crime took place in my neighborhood; I'd want to know at least if it was a robbery, sexual assault, or whatever in order to know what kind of danger I or my family be in.

DF
I just thought of something.

Doesn't the city normally post a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction when someone is murdered? They haven't done this. And the family hasn't set up a fund for a reward either, which is not the norm.

I'm thinking this is a good sign they have a very strong suspect and they're just waiting on forensics to make an arrest. Another reason for the secrecy.

Make sense?

Excellent post! I think you're on to something. Let's hope there's an arrest very soon.

If her parents live in MN, remember there is a time difference between MN and AZ. MN is 2 hours ahead of AZ, so 5pm to her Dad would have likely been MN time, which would have been only 3pm AZ time.
BBM - Allison's sister, Kelly Weinblatt, said "probably around 5 Phoenix time".

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/28144956/2015/02/19/scottsdale-police-investigate-woman-found-dead
"Then everyone kind of started panicking," said Weinblatt. "My dad called Scottsdale police to do a drive-by, probably around 5 Phoenix time. In the meantime, her boyfriend gone over around 4 and found her and called 911."

Do we know how and when Allison's father was told about her death?

Apparently no connection was made with him during the hour between the time her boyfriend went over to her house and called 911 (~4 pm) and the time her father asked SPD to do a drive-by (~5 pm).

Just curious. TIA.

Apparently no connection was made with him during the hour between the time her boyfriend went over to her house and called 911 (~4 pm) and the time her father asked SPD to do a drive-by (~5 pm).

Just curious. TIA.
BBM - I don't know when Allison's father was told about her death but he said in the video at below link that he was driving and they asked him to get off the road.

"I was driving," said Harvey. "They asked me to get off the road, and they told me she was deceased."

Video/article: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/minnetonka-grad-murdered-in-arizona-home/23780651/

Good points! We all know that LE needs to hold back certain details - but too often IMO too much is held back. I'm imagining if something like this crime took place in my neighborhood; I'd want to know at least if it was a robbery, sexual assault, or whatever in order to know what kind of danger I or my family be in.

I waver.

I waver between being frustrated over not knowing the details I think we all have a right to know and worrying about what would happen if they did tell us and as a result her killer got away.

It is scary to think there's a murderer capable of this kind of unspeakable and heinous crime running around loose in this vicinity. Or any vicinity anywhere for that matter. And it just breaks my heart to think what that poor girl went through.

I think they have the suspect in their sights. I pray they do. I keep hoping that any minute there will be a news report of an arrest.

DF

Excellent post! I think you're on to something. Let's hope there's an arrest very soon.

Thank you. I hope so, but it's not a lot to cling to. But something is better than nothing I suppose.

BBM - I don't know when Allison's father was told about her death but he said in the video at below link that he was driving and they asked him to get off the road.

"I was driving," said Harvey. "They asked me to get off the road, and they told me she was deceased."

Video/article: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/minnetonka-grad-murdered-in-arizona-home/23780651/

Thank you, Enzeder, for your reply. I'm glad that the SPD advised him to get off the road before hearing their report.

So sad.

Just curious. TIA.

Pacific....

When this happened all the news outlets were reporting different things. Some stories quoted one time and another story quoted another. Now there are so many reports that have been scrubbed that it's difficult to piece together what happened initially.

I suppose the difference in MN time and AZ time might account for some of the discrepancies when it comes to times, etc.

I recall one of the first stories I read reported that Allison's father had spoken to her sometime Tuesday evening, and I'm not sure what time that was other than I am sure the report said Tuesday evening. Then the report went on (and I'm very sorry I can't find it anywhere in the news) but it said that he sent her a text around 7 PM Tuesday evening and it wasn't delivered (whatever that means). The news never specified if it was 7 PM Minnesota time or Arizona time. At least if it did I can't find it. Maybe someone can.

It was reported that her father spoke to her often and he became worried when his text didn't go through. This was, as I recall from the many, many stories I read, what made him concerned.

As for when the body was found by Alex, her boyfriend....that did appear to have happened, from most accounts I read, around 4 PM Phoenix time.

What bothers me about this is why the father became so distressed and worried 'to the point of calling the police to do a wellness check' on Allison just because he had a text that didn't go through the night before or his phone calls to her went unanswered.

Yes, I can understand how a parent could get worried. Of course I can. But what I am wondering is if there was something else going on that caused him to be more worried than he would have normally been.

Example A:

You are in Minnesota and you talk to your daughter in Arizona and then you realize you forgot to tell her something and you send her a text. You don't hear back from her that evening and so you assume she is busy or has her phone on the charger and will contact you when she gets a chance. Probably the next day sometime.

Example B:

You are in Minnesota and you talk to your daughter in Arizona and then you realize you forgot to tell her something and you send her a text. You don't hear back from her that evening and you become fraught with worry because of something she told you in the conversation you had with her. You text her to make sure she is okay. Her text doesn't go through. You leave voice mails asking her to return your call as soon as possible. The next day you wait for her to call you back and the entire day goes by without a call. Finally, in desperation, you call the police and ask them to do a welfare check.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Big difference in reaction depending on what the last conversation she had with her dad was. I realize this isn't exactly what you were asking for in your question, but it caused me to think about these things.

This all makes me wonder if Allison was having some kind of problem with 'someone or something in her life' that she spoke with her father about on Tuesday night. And this was what caused him to be so anxious.

We don't really know what she did after that Valentine's Day photo was posted on her FB timeline at 12:02 PM February 14th.

We only have hearsay that she "kicked her boyfriend out" sometime Tuesday (we don't know what time) to go home and study and have some "quiet time".

We don't know, and it hasn't been reported to my knowledge, anything else.....

Do we?

ETA: We really don't even know if it was Tuesday that she supposedly "kicked him out". It might have been Sunday or even Monday. I haven't seen anything that indicated exactly what day. Has anyone else?

I wondered if there is more to the story of why she kicked him out. He could have brought his stuff to study to her house. Just saying.

I wondered if there is more to the story of why she kicked him out. He could have brought his stuff to study to her house. Just saying.

I have wondered the same thing, Luvrosco. That's a good point that he could have brought his things there to study. And the reference to "quiet time" seems a bit odd to me as well. Normally you don't tell an adult to go have "quiet time".

I have gone so far as to wonder if she might have begun to lose interest in him and she may have wanted to get him out of the way that evening because she might have wanted "quiet time" for herself or maybe she had plans to get together with someone else.

Please forgive me if this sounds far out. I'm grasping at straws here. Trying to come up with something that makes sense other than just someone came into her house and killed her. I'm trying to find some kind of motive.

Sigggghhhh....her father said she had no enemies.

But we know she had at least one.

:(

An interesting observation about the scrubbed stories.

They all contained a reference to what the boyfriend said when he called the police back after he found her body. When he said something to the effect of "I didn't do anything." "I didn't touch her."

This is the only thing left out of the reports. Everything else is still being reported in other stories. But this isn't being mentioned....at all.

No I'm not sleuthing him. I am only pointing out the discrepancies I have seen in the reports from then to now.

I didn't notice it until last night and I find it strange.

Hi MissD, in reference to your above post according to this quote it was around eleven on Tuesday night that Allison's father sent her the text which didn't get delivered.

Regarding the communication between Allison and her mother at about 8 o'clock Tuesday I'm still not sure if there was a verbal conversation because I've seen 'talked' and 'texted'. If it was a text I keep wondering if something was said that didn't seem quite right and that was why Allison's father sent her a text at that late hour?. imo

February 20, 2015: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/minnetonka-grad-murdered-in-arizona-home/23780651/
"Harley Feldman, Allison's father, said he felt something was wrong when his daughter's phone turned off.

"On Tuesday night my wife talked to her about eight o'clock, and then I sent her a text message around eleven and it didn't get delivered," he said.

More calls on Wednesday went unanswered."

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/28144956/2015/02/19/scottsdale-police-investigate-woman-found-dead
"Weinblatt says her sister texted their mother around 8 p.m. Tuesday night. That's the last anyone heard from her. She says her sister's phone went right to voicemail Wednesday."

Hi MissD, in reference to your above post according to this quote it was around eleven on Tuesday night that Allison's father sent her the text which didn't get delivered.

Regarding the communication between Allison and her mother at about 8 o'clock Tuesday I'm still not sure if there was a verbal conversation because I've seen 'talked' and 'texted'.

February 20, 2015: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/minnetonka-grad-murdered-in-arizona-home/23780651/
"Harley Feldman, Allison's father, said he felt something was wrong when his daughter's phone turned off.

"On Tuesday night my wife talked to her about eight o'clock, and then I sent her a text message around eleven and it didn't get delivered," he said.

More calls on Wednesday went unanswered."

"Weinblatt says her sister texted their mother around 8 p.m. Tuesday night. That's the last anyone heard from her. She says her sister's phone went right to voicemail Wednesday."

Hi Ebenezer! Thanks so much for those links.

Here we have 4 major news channels, all fighting for the story. Channel 5 KPHO CBS, Channel 10 FOX, Channel 12 ArizonaCentral and Channel 15 ABC.

It was channel 5 KPHO that broke the news leak and the others held out for a couple of days until they had their own versions of it and then the cops brought the hammer down on them all.

But, what I'm really getting at here is they were all reporting different things. Different times, etc. Each trying to provide something new I suppose.

There was so little information being provided to them from LE. The stories began to change from report to report, channel to channel. So one link can be completely different from another. Even the relatives versions and quotes.

It makes it difficult to come up with a definite "timeline" of events.

Thanks.

One other thing - during the Community Meeting, all the news sources were there with their cameras and mics, etc. The Commander in charge of the meeting took questions from the audience but none (zip zero) from reporters.

An interesting observation about the scrubbed stories.

They all contained a reference to what the boyfriend said when he called the police back after he found her body. When he said something to the effect of "I didn't do anything." "I didn't touch her."

This is the only thing left out of the reports. Everything else is still being reported in other stories. But this isn't being mentioned....at all.

No I'm not sleuthing him. I am only pointing out the discrepancies I have seen in the reports from then to now.

I didn't notice it until last night and I find it strange.
Speaking of "the scrubbed stories" I've been searching high and low for a particular video I saw where a female neighbor gave specific times that police had asked her about (re noticing anything) but to no avail. :sigh: I remember the times she said and I remember thinking 'that's odd' but I need a link to back up what I heard her say. Did anyone else see this video?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3