AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only read that police have 'evidence' regarding the time the killer left.

"Evidence shows the suspect left Feldman's home around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, according to police."
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...phone-tiffany-bracelet-credit-cards-from-home

We know that Alex was seen on the neighbor's surveillance camera the day he discovered Allison's body because it was reported in the news so we can assume the neighbor's camera caught the killer leaving. Maybe arriving as well. I can't think of any other way unless someone else saw him leave or like another poster speculated that her alarm picked up the front door opening, if that's the way he left.

He must have also left it unlocked.

I think TOD is usually when the body is found, which in her case was the 18th. However, all of the evidence we have thus far points to her murder occurring on Tuesday evening..she talked to her mom, dad's text did not go through later, and then POI was seen leaving at 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning per the security camera and her phone was turned off all day on Wednesday and no contact with family or friends.

Plus her obituary has her death as Tuesday, Feb 17.

BBM: She traveled a lot for her job, so I'm thinking she probably had a 1 or 2 corporate cards for expenses. Her employer would have all of that information.

LE probably just ran a credit check on her for personal cards.

Okay....back to the bracelet.

Say you're the person that LE is monitoring. The one they think actually did it. And now this comes out in the news. That they know the bracelet is missing. And you have it hidden somewhere in the house.

How much are they allowed to monitor I wonder. Can they go through his trash? Follow him everywhere he goes? Tap his phone? Check on his bank account, credit cards, etc?

I would suppose the very second they think he has something incriminating in his car they would stop him.

Or have I been watching too much CSI?

Help! Someone please tell me what "monitoring" involves.

TIA

(All IMO)

About the phone and the credit cards:

I don't know if Allison had an iPhone Six or Six Plus, but it's possible if she had a Six Plus she might have had a phone case that had a place for some credit cards. I know I have one and I use it when I'm going out at night so I don't have to lug around a big purse. Maybe the perp didn't care about the credit cards. He just wanted the phone and took it in the case.

Unless he was a moron he would know he couldn't use the cards.

IMO

Very interesting and plausible theories here. . . .thanks to all!

I wonder why Allison's dad tried to text her ~11 pm Tuesday, since she had just talked to her mother as recently as ~8 that evening. As someone here suggested, Allison might have confided something in her mother during that 8 o'clock call about things not going as well as usual that evening (and even perhaps things not having gone so well over the previous weekend). . . .and perhaps her parents were worried about her. But if that was what happened, I'm surprised her dad apparently waited until late Wednesday afternoon to try to get ahold of her again.

Any ideas? TIA.

Wonder if the perp drove a car and parked close to her home and if the car, maybe just vague, could be on the video.

Wonder if the perp drove a car and parked close to her home and if the car, maybe just vague, could be on the video.

That's such a good question. If it was someone she knew they would surely park either front of her house or in the driveway. Unless, she didn't want anyone to know they were there, in which case their car might have been in the garage.

But if it were in front or in the driveway, one would think at least one of the neighbors would have seen it there.

In fact, we don't really know if the cam picked up Alex in his car or in the driveway or at the front door, when they reported it verified his account that day.

It would be kind of unusual for the neighbor's cam to be pointed at Allison's front door or house for that matter. Much more likely to be pointed at the street.

Sorry if I appear to be rambling. My brain is scrambled from all of this.

About the phone and the credit cards:

I don't know if Allison had an iPhone Six or Six Plus, but it's possible if she had a Six Plus she might have had a phone case that had a place for some credit cards. I know I have one and I use it when I'm going out at night so I don't have to lug around a big purse. Maybe the perp didn't care about the credit cards. He just wanted the phone and took it in the case.

Unless he was a moron he would know he couldn't use the cards.

IMO

He could pull a Cary Stayner (Yosemite murders), toss them in the street of another town, hope someone (like a druggie) finds and uses them to throw off the trail.

The cards must not have been used. Probably, likely as you stated, in her phone case.

Occam's Razor - In this case what do you think the most simple easiest explanation would be?

Or is there one?

Occam's Razor - In this case what do you think the most simple easiest explanation would be?

Or is there one?

For me, someone she knew and maybe had a prior romantic relationship with, of some sort. Jmo

For me, someone she knew and maybe had a prior romantic relationship with, of some sort. Jmo

Clu, I think you're right. I don't think we're dealing with an experienced killer here. But he's probably a real smart one. I also have a hunch this was a crime of passion (at least on the killer's part) and not pre-meditated. I don't think he came there thinking he was going to kill her. This is all pure conjecture, of course. But I feel like whatever happened that led to his killing her, he was probably sloppy and made mistakes and hopefully this will help LE to solve this crime.

I also think that none of her friends or family in the beginning had any idea it was anyone she knew who killed her. They believed it was random because at that time LE probably believed it was random too.

It was probably only after her closest friends began sharing private information with LE that it came to their attention who the real killer probably was and that's when they got the warrant that was leaked.

But that gave the killer time to prepare. To get a lawyer. To hide evidence. To develop alibis.

IMO

I agree with this,but I'm still not convinced it's not her current BF. I think the cars might have been taken for staging purposes. I think her BF or her family must have told LE about the bracket. Otherwise, how would they know?

I haven't read anything to indicate that any of her friends or family spoke with her over the weekend. Only what has been reported in the news from her Dad and sister relating that her dad had spoken with Allison on Tuesday. I think it was Tuesday. Not Monday.

So many varying news stories but didn't her sister say Allison had kicked Alex out of the house on Tuesday and told him to go home and study and have some quiet time?

I'm wondering if this old flame or obsessive-possessive person she knew from her past had contacted her and persuaded her to let him come by just one more time, laid a guilt trip on her, she felt a need to explain her feelings for Alex to him, whatever. Could that be why she asked Alex to go home. Maybe she just wanted to get this character out of her hair once and for all.

Thanks for helping me out on this. I know I'm not up on everything.

BBM - it's possible the timing could be narrowed to somewhere between 8 pm - 11pm (to 1 am)? Allison's Mom talked to her at 8 and dad tried to text at 11pm. When did the sister talk to her to hear she booted the BF out?

If they have surveillance video for 1 am, did they eliminate the BF? One article said they couldn't eliminate that it was someone she knew, but that's not saying much.

Are they thinking someone could have been int he house for two hours (11pm or before to 1am)?

Can't say, but you can guess.

Time, I have wavered back and forth on this and suspected everyone under the sun since this happened. I understand how you could think that way. I really do.

Clu, I think you're right. I don't think we're dealing with an experienced killer here. But he's probably a real smart one. I also have a hunch this was a crime of passion (at least on the killer's part) and not pre-meditated. I don't think he came there thinking he w,as going to kill her. This is all pure conjecture, of course. But I feel like whatever happened that led to his killing her, he was probably sloppy and made mistakes and hopefully this will help LE to solve this crime.

I also think that none of her friends or family in the beginning had any idea it was anyone she knew who killed her. They believed it was random because at that time LE probably believed it was random too.

It was probably only after her closest friends began sharing private information with LE that it came to their attention who the real killer probably was and that's when they got the warrant that was leaked.

But that gave the killer time to prepare. To get a lawyer. To hide evidence. To develop alibis.

IMO
The only thing is if she really was shot then he must have taken his gun in the house. Would that constitute premeditated murder? Or are you allowed to carry guns in AZ?

I agree with this,but I'm still not convinced it's not her current BF. I think the cars might have been taken for staging purposes. I think her BF or her family must have told LE about the bracket. Otherwise, how would they know?

It has been reported that the BF is not a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck