AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to her current BF, has the name of her former BF been released?

Good question! I cannot recall mention of anyone in her past except for the one older, well-off, single guy who once
asked her out for a drink (according to her FB page). She turned down that particular offer because she was facing a busy
week, but that doesn't mean that she didn't take him up on his offer at another time without mentioning it on FB. . . .

Does anyone else remember this?

This is crazy...DNA should never take this long to process, if they are truly waiting for results. Of course they may not have a reason or ability to request DNA from a possible suspect if he is not someone who would normally be with her (i.e if an ex or some sort of friend who they can't place at the scene yet). But I remember a case where DNA was run and matched to a POI in the database over a weekend (Chelsea King) in CA, so it can be done and that was several years ago.

I think they may have the profile but not samples to test against yet, maybe. Jmo

This is crazy...DNA should never take this long to process, if they are truly waiting for results.

Who is processing the DNA? Probably a state Crime Lab--and these are usually horribly backlogged.

The local news said the BF has been interviewed multiples times and has given DNA but has not been ruled out. I don't know much about what they do to process DNA, but wouldn't they be able to rule him out quickly with his DNA already given if he didn't kill her? I would think by now they would know if he had scratches on him and if his DNA was maybe under her fingernails. Seems odd to me that he hasn't been ruled out yet...interesting.

Who is processing the DNA? Probably a state Crime Lab--and these are usually horribly backlogged.

Locals said Scottsdale has it owns lab.
Also...there are not THAT many murders...hard to imagine a huge line of DNA samples more important than a homicide, but jmo.

The local news said the BF has been interviewed multiples times and has given DNA but has not been ruled out. I don't know much about what they do to process DNA, but wouldn't they be able to rule him out quickly with his DNA already given if he didn't kill her? I would think by now they would know if he had scratches on him and if his DNA was maybe under her fingernails. Seems odd to me that he hasn't been ruled out yet...interesting.

It has been suggested here that her boyfriend's DNA would be found all over the house since he spent so much time there, so maybe they can't draw conclusions --either way -- about any involvement on his part.

Good question! I cannot recall mention of anyone in her past except for the one older, well-off, single guy who once
asked her out for a drink (according to her FB page). She turned down that particular offer because she was facing a busy
week, but that doesn't mean that she didn't take him up on his offer at another time without mentioning it on FB. . . .

Does anyone else remember this?

"Replying" to my own post: It has just occurred to me that this older, perennially single and perhaps perennially romantic (IMO) guy may have re-entered her life around Valentine's Day. . . .

JMO.

If there were chunks of skin under her nails, that would be more than the usual DNA from touching someone IMO. There must be something like this, as LE thinks the killer is injuried from the fight Allison fought.

If there were chunks of skin under her nails, that would be more than the usual DNA from touching someone IMO. There must be something like this, as LE thinks the killer is injuried from the fight Allison fought.
I agree!

Does anyone think LE will release the 911 tape anytime soon? They did speak a little about it when reports first came out.

Does anyone think LE will release the 911 tape anytime soon? They did speak a little about it when reports first came out.

Highly doubt it. Only seen it done in television crime shows after a crime has been solved.

It has been suggested here that her boyfriend's DNA would be found all over the house since he spent so much time there, so maybe they can't draw conclusions --either way -- about any involvement on his part.

During the last community meeting they emphasized a couple of times that they had physical evidence that would conclusively identify - or rule out - any suspect as the perpetrator. They didn't say what evidence for some reason, but the obvious assumption is dna.

I don't remember now if they talked about the boyfriend specifically during the meeting, but to me that statement says they ruled him out. Sure they may have lots of evidence still to go through, and dna sometimes takes time, but it's been a month now and they would have made sure his test was on the top of the stack. The meeting came across as if they really have no clue who it is, and I think if they had any inclination it was the boyfriend they would have waited on the test results before holding that second meeting.

During the last community meeting they emphasized a couple of times that they had physical evidence that would conclusively identify - or rule out - any suspect as the perpetrator. They didn't say what evidence for some reason, but the obvious assumption is dna.

I don't remember now if they talked about the boyfriend specifically during the meeting, but to me that statement says they ruled him out. Sure they may have lots of evidence still to go through, and dna sometimes takes time, but it's been a month now and they would have made sure his test was on the top of the stack. The meeting came across as if they really have no clue who it is, and I think if they had any inclination it was the boyfriend they would have waited on the test results before holding that second meeting.

As of last nights local news report, LE said the BF has not been cleared but had been interviewed multiple times and submitted DNA so I guess they haven't processed his DNA yet since he's still not eliminated or its complicated since he was at her home often they say.

Has LE ever stated whether or not the neighbors camera showed the BF leaving AF house the night she kicked him out so he could go study? I was wondering if he possibly left at 1am and thats who the camera filmed leaving her home. The camera seemed to show the BF when he did the welfare check and the camera may have shown the perp or maybe the BF leaving her home at 1am. Maybe I'm mixed up...this is quite the puzzle.

They were asked about this specifically during the second meeting - "How did they know 1:00am, was it on camera?" The answer was kind of coy, as I recall, the implication was that it was on camera but they wouldn't come out and say it explicitly.

I wonder if any neighbors have reported seeing or hearing anything?

LE as of yesterday said they have not eliminated the BF. So does that mean he possibly has cuts, wounds or scratches? What ever happened to the POI they had a warrant on? I thought I had read somewhere that they were watching a POI.

LE as of yesterday said they have not eliminated the BF. So does that mean he possibly has cuts, wounds or scratches? What ever happened to the POI they had a warrant on? I thought I had read somewhere that they were watching a POI.

I'm still suspicious that Fox 10 may have gotten that part about the boyfriend wrong somehow. But that aside, during the meeting the commander pointed out that there were actually several POI that they investigated, and several warrants - it was just that only one of them was mistakenly released by the clerk's office.

I'm still wondering if the report that she was shot was correct. I've only seen that info on one news report and someone said that may have been a mistaken report. Hard to know what to believe.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. The news reports have me totally confused. Even things LE and other reliable sources have previously stated are now being recanted. I'm thinking now it could be true they have no suspects.

It bothers me to no end for them to say it's not random, it's targeted, it's isolated, and then say AF may or may not have known her attacker.

The other thing is was she sexually assaulted. I see no reason they can't tell us this. How could that possibly jeopardize the investigation?

The assailant knows what they did.

Why keep this so hush hush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members