AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say this but is it not possible that 'white substance' on the floor near her body was dried semen?

Also, there's no guarantee that she would have the perp's DNA beneath fingernails - *if* the perp took precautions.......wore gloves, long sleeved clothing, mask, etc.

It's also possible that she was found naked because perp took her clothing off of her as his DNA would be on it.

IMO, LE looking for people with cuts on hands, at this point (a month after the crime) is ridiculous. Also, Tiffany bracelets are extremely popular and almost every woman/girl has one. I personally think the perp took the credit cards and bracelet to give the appearance of a robbery. Taking her cell phone, IMO, was perhaps the perp's attempt at preventing LE from looking through it to find his phone #, or texts to/from him.

Our local news here in Scottsdale just showed a small clip of AF memorial service this afternoon. They also stated LE believes the murder was done by someone from AF neighborhood.

So now LE is saying it wasn't targeted. I'm confused.

Our local news here in Scottsdale just showed a small clip of AF memorial service this afternoon. They also stated LE believes the murder was done by someone from AF neighborhood.

BBM: Isn't this a new idea, that the perp may be someone from AF's neighborhood???

Typically LE releases however much or little info they feel will help them solve a case - with that in mind, then appears LE's strategy is to have whomever did this believe that LE is confused, bumbling, and without a suspect.

BBM: Isn't this a new idea, that the perp may be someone from AF's neighborhood???
I'm not sure when it was first reported that the killer may live in the area but below quotes are dated March 19.

"According to police, it is possible that the subject lives in the area, where Feldman was reportedly well known and well liked."
Mar 19, 2015: http://www.azfamily.com/story/28558344/police-release-new-details-in-homicide-of-scottsdale-woman

"PHOENIX — Scottsdale police say several items were stolen during the killing of a Scottsdale woman and that the killer may live in the area of the woman's home and have had minor injuries after the killing."
Last Updated: March 19, 2015: http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...3a087b5fdf88da82b/AZ--Scottsdale-Woman-Killed

Typically LE releases however much or little info they feel will help them solve a case - with that in mind, then appears LE's strategy is to have whomever did this believe that LE is confused, bumbling, and without a suspect.

I don't know if it's working on the killer, but it sure is working on me.

I'm not sure when it was first reported that the killer may live in the area but below quotes are dated March 19.

"According to police, it is possible that the subject lives in the area, where Feldman was reportedly well known and well liked."
Mar 19, 2015: http://www.azfamily.com/story/28558344/police-release-new-details-in-homicide-of-scottsdale-woman

"PHOENIX — Scottsdale police say several items were stolen during the killing of a Scottsdale woman and that the killer may live in the area of the woman's home and have had minor injuries after the killing."
Last Updated: March 19, 2015: http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...3a087b5fdf88da82b/AZ--Scottsdale-Woman-Killed

I've always been under the impression that LE might have believed that Allison living on the edge of Old Town somehow figured into it because it has been mentioned so often. Maybe when they say neighborhood they are referring to the area our district, for what it's worth.

IMO

I wonder if maybe they believe the perp left on foot, i.e no signs of unknown cars on any cameras, etc?

About the cuts and scratches LE stated the killer might have sustained during the struggle, I wonder why they only mention the arms and hands. Does anyone else find this strange? It would appear to me if you were fighting for your life you would go for the killers face. Or anywhere on there body you could make contact for that matter. I wonder if there was something in particular that made them think he had cuts and scratches on his arms and hands. Did it show up on the video? Was the killer dripping blood when he left? Was a knife or other sharp instrument Allison might have used to defend herself found at the scene with his blood? Normally fingernail scratches are not referred to as cuts.

IMO

I wonder if maybe they believe the perp left on foot, i.e no signs of unknown cars on any cameras, etc?

Yes, that entered my mind too as a reason they might have felt he lived nearby. I wondered what your opinion might be.

I don't know if it's working on the killer, but it sure is working on me.
BBM - Likewise.

"We believe this to be an isolated case," said Sgt. Ben Hoster with the Scottsdale Police Department. "We believe that Allison knew her attacker, that she was targeted."
March 13, 2015: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

Police also clarified with the crowd statements made at the last meeting. Henny said Allison was targeted, but perhaps as a victim.
March 18, 2015: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...etails-in-scottsdale-murder-mystery/25004555/

"We have nothing right now that leads us to believe that she was targeted in this case," Henny said.
Mar 22, 2015: http://abcnews.go.com/US/clues-mysterious-murder-arizona-woman/story?id=29820075

BBM - Likewise.
WOW! The varying statements do not seem to me like a way to keep the community feeling safe or confident. A statement a while back was something to the effect that the neighborhood shouldn't think someone is going around to every 3rd house killing people...I can't remember the exact words but I took it as if we shouldn't be a bunch of cowards.

WOW! The varying statements do not seem to me like a way to keep the community feeling safe or confident. A statement a while back was something to the effect that the neighborhood shouldn't think someone is going around to every 3rd house killing people...I can't remember the exact words but I took it as if we shouldn't be a bunch of cowards.
BBM - Not very reassuring is it. I know for a fact that I'd be feeling very uneasy if I was living in the neighborhood.

"We don't believe that there is a person on the loose that is hitting every third home," Hoster said.

The department doesn't want people living near Feldman's home to be afraid, he added.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

I've always been under the impression that LE might have believed that Allison living on the edge of Old Town somehow figured into it because it has been mentioned so often. Maybe when they say neighborhood they are referring to the area our district, for what it's worth.

IMO
Miss D, I'm from the east coast and have been to Scottsdale twice on vacation. Loved it! Can you explain what you meant by her living near Old Town? Is that a bad area?

Miss D, I'm from the east coast and have been to Scottsdale twice on vacation. Loved it! Can you explain what you meant by her living near Old Town? Is that a bad area?

I will try.

Old Town Scottsdale is the original downtown of Scottsdale. It's about a four or five square mile district that has the original stores, curio and souvenir shops, etc. It has nearly one hundred nightclubs in this little small area, and while it is a nice safe fun place for tourists to bring their children in the daytime, at night it turns into a wild scene resembling Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Even though many of Scottsdale's more prominent citizens have moved farther north in Scottsdale, Old Town still remains popular with the locals.

It's an area where you see many people bicycling, walking, skateboarding, riding in golf cats and pedal cabs. There are free trolleys to take you around the area as well as cabs all over the place.

People in Old Town are friendly. It's a historical place and it's always busy. Lots of festivals going on and lots of out of towners.

Is it a bad place? I wouldn't ever call it a bad place. But when I go walking at night I wear my gun in my holster.

At night it's a little like walking in a dark alley. Allison didn't really live in Old Town but one could say she lived on the outer edge. She did frequent Old Town a lot. Scottsdale Healthcare, a large hospital in the area is located in the heart of Old Town. It's a major trauma center. I would assume she was in that vicinity often.

Hope this helps.

BBM - Not very reassuring is it. I know for a fact that I'd be feeling very uneasy if I was living in the neighborhood.

A couple of weeks ago we had a near drowning at our community pool and I walked out my door to see cops all over, emergency vehicles and yellow caution tape around the pool area. It immediately struck terror in my heart.

Yes this has many of us on edge.

Jumping to conclusions:

Allison Feldman was found nude with a cloth wrapped around her head, lying in a pool of blood, with a white substance around her body and the strong odor of bleach. She reputedly had major cranial trauma. LE has also reported that:

may or may not have known her killer

may or may not live in her neighborhood

may or may not have cuts and scratches on his hands and arms

may or may not have sexually assaulted her

may or may not have targeted her

may have stolen her iPhone, credit cards and Tiffany bracelet

may or may not have given the bracelet to someone else

may or may not have used bleach to try to clean up or destroy evidence

may or may not have been let in the house by Allison

may or may not have come in through an open window or door

may or may not have been caught on surveillance camera leaving the crime scene

may or may not be a person she knew in the past that LE obtained a warrant to monitor

may or may not be someone that asked her out in the past that she rejected

may or may not have covered her head with any number of things that LE has chosen to refer to as a cloth

and lastly, may or may not have been shot

LE does not want to reveal more details of the case because it might jeopardize the investigation.

LE states they do not want the neighbors to be afraid, citing that the killer is not hitting every third house.

However, LE does not believe this is a trend and has told the public it is isolated.

This being said, LE has stated it has no reason to believe that Allison was targeted and has no suspects at this time.

Did I miss anything?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads