AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding respectfully BBM -
That kind of killer is most difficult to find - reminds of a woman who worked as secretary in local FBI office, she recently had gotten enough $$ to move into new home, and was killed much like Allison. Because of where she worked, big effort to solve, no DNA matches, etc. ...
Only years later they go a hit on the DNA when the killer's DNA entered the system (I forgot why) and he got caught. Turns out he lived down the street from her, had seen she lived alone and took advantage... It was his first and only time...

The only difference I see here is that Allison was not always alone, and that she there was an alarm sign outside her home...

ETA: I can't remember if he said he had spoken to her, when she first moved in, as if to welcome her to the neighborhood and offer to be of help with anything....

I remember this story. The only problem that I have is would she have opened her door to someone that she didn't know well at night? I just don't see it.

I remember this story. The only problem that I have is would she have opened her door to someone that she didn't know well at night? I just don't see it.

She could have opened her door just to talk and the guy could push his way in. Also not sure but if someone came as early as 8 PM it might not be very dark out.

She could have opened her door just to talk and the guy could push his way in. Also not sure but if someone came as early as 8 PM it might not be very dark out.

Good point. I just got the impression that she really didn't know the neighbors. I'll go back and check what MissD said when she spoke to them. But,if LE thinks that then how could they tell the residents not to be afraid?

I believe the perp is a "ghost", just like you stated, he *may* have committed crimes but has been really careful, or may not.
Every place I've planned on moving to when my kids were in tow, I've checked the crime stats. Maybe Allison had looked at those and for all means and purposes, thought she was safe. But I've always had big dogs and firearms. She didn't.
A lot of people get security systems to protect what they own, not necessarily because they fear bodily harm. Many times, a security sign is an advertisement for "valuable stuff inside" and there are people who now how to circumvent those security systems.
Just throwing that out there.

Well that's true about the security system. Also, the only young woman I know that lived alone in a home, had a huge dog and even scared me one time, coming to the door and it showed its teeth in the window. I would not have wanted to mess with THAT dog. I always had an eye on my kids, when they were little, even walking to the school bus stop and back.

The perp could have a record in states that do not take DNA unless convicted, or for lesser crimes. My opinion stands that the perp was not a criminal until he committed this crime. Too personal of a crime, Imo, to be a unknown burglar. Not ruling out a neighbor...but it seems more personal than that. Jmo

The perp could have a record in states that do not take DNA unless convicted, or for lesser crimes. My opinion stands that the perp was not a criminal until he committed this crime. Too personal of a crime, Imo, to be a unknown burglar. Not ruling out a neighbor...but it seems more personal than that. Jmo

Or from somewhere that has a backlog of DNA untested, especially from rape kits (although I also lean towards this not being a stranger or a neighbor).

This month, CBS News investigated this backlog of unprocessed rape kits, and found that authorities in 12 major cities do not even know what percentage of rape kits in storage remain unexamined. Responding to the continuing backlog, Scott Berkowitz, president of RAINN said, “It’s appalling that tens of thousands of rapists remain free, even though police possess the evidence to identify and convict them. Every day that these unprocessed kits sit in storerooms and labs, these rapists remain at large, searching out new victims.”

https://www.rainn.org/news-room/news/rape-kit-backlog

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and law enforcement who are dedicated to find answers for them. We share your grief and heartbreak. You are never alone. God Bless.

I actually would like all who were associated with selling the home, to be investigated as well as all the neighbors. Someone was watching that home, someone knew it was empty for a time, and someone also then observed a lovely beautiful new woman, just moved in. So my take just on those facts alone lead me to someone close who knew that house was empty and then, bought...rented..I'm sorry I've forgotten if she rented or purchased said property. But whomever was involved in that transaction, needs to submit dna. As well as all neighbors.

It only means this person, has never been caught before. It means they are not in the system, not caught. i really think it has something to do with moving into that home. So; anyone involved with how she found the house, the people who may have cleaned it before she moved in, the ppl at the mortgage company, their husbands, and anyone who is a neighbor who was watching. The timing is just way too coincidental for me. Stranger attacks do happen, yes they are rare, it's not always someone you know. I think it's someone associated with that house. Who lived there before, also should be investigated, checked out...dna submitted etc. I would also want to know if anyone had a son in the area who moved out around that same time frame.

It would be helpful to know if the BF usually spent the night, as to whether it was obvious she lived alone. When I was young and single, I lived "alone" technically, but not really.

"Scottsdale investigators have the killer's DNA, but it is not a match to anyone in the criminal database."

~ KPHO

That's different from saying:

"Scottsdale investigators have the killer's DNA, but it is not a match to anyone we can find."

imo

I wonder how Scottsdale investigators were able to separate the killer's DNA from all the other DNA they found on the scene.

Just guessing,but did they take samples from different places in the house?

Unfortunately, there are really no new 'official updates'. For official updates please go to:

scottsdaleaz.gov/police

and type in the search engine there: Allison Feldman.

This is where the SPD releases official things they write up 'theirselves', so there is no mistaking or misprinting or something lost in the translation of what they are or anyone else is saying.

This is from the horses mouth, so to speak.

I would imagine the forensics team covered every square inch of that home, inside and out. They were there 4 days.

They are leaving on Wednesday to go back to Minnesota.

In the most recent update on Scottsdaleaz.gov/police the latest report states:

"This case remains the top priority investigation for Scottsdale Detectives. As a recap, this is what has been released thus far in the investigation."

Please take note of the part I have bolded. What they are saying is this is only 'what they have released' so far.

There is no way they are going to tip their hand or say anything to jeopardize this investigation.

Yes, I'm sure they're being tight lipped for a good reason.

This is what might be going on right now:

"In criminal investigations, once a detective has suspects in mind, the next step is to produce evidence that will stand up in a court of law. The best way is to obtain a confession from the suspect; usually, this is done by developing rapport and at times by seeking information in exchange for potential perks available through the attorney's office, such as entering for a lesser sentence in exchange for usable information. Detectives may lie, mislead and psychologically pressure a suspect into an admission or confession as long as they do this within procedural boundaries and without the threat of violence or promises outside their control."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay