AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in to see if anything new has been posted. Who killed Allison?

I think if I was Allison's parents and they are not hearing any updates (perhaps they are, we don't know) BUT if they are not, I would contact Pat Brown, criminal profiler and see if she would help. Just my 2 cents.

Allison Feldman Update: Father cautiously optimistic killer will be caught
July 24, 2015

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...r-cautiously-optimistic-killer-will-be-caught

Got a Google Alert on both of those this morning.

From the Fox10 article:

Allison Feldman was found dead inside her Scottsdale home in February. Her body was found in a pool of blood, she was undressed, and had a bad head injury. Scottsdale Police recovered DNA evidence from the killer; they ran it through the system, but there is so far no match."Scottsdale PD has a lot of things they're investigating, they're making a lot of progress on this case, I can't talk about a lot of it, but there is a lot of progress being made," said Harley.
Right now he says detectives are following leads and hoping more tips will come in.
"The tips have been good, good tips, but not all of them have led in the right direction," said Harley.

BBM: Wish they'd publicly eliminate the people they took DNA from.

Thanks for update Bernina! Don't think it was ever mentioned before that "she was undressed"... maybe I missed that, or the way it was worded struck m.... more important - we now have
"DNA evidence from the killer; they ran it through the system, but there is so far no match." What does that tell us??
>Someone she knew or has had contact with but LE is not aware of this person since they haven't gotten person's DNA.
>Random, one-off killing by someone who is laying low, or if a serial killer of some sort has left area to commit crimes elsewhere
>Someone who has committed crimes but who's DNA is backlogged going into the system.

ETA - might not it be helpful if more info was released about the crime in case it might ring a bell with someone in some way?

ETA to my above..... I still think, as I've brought up before, killer is someone living in the neighborhood who was watching her or at least attracted to her. He knew she was alone at times. She might have known him by sight and felt okay to answer her door, or he used a ruse of some kind.

It's a one-time crime of this kind for him, but he may have a record for lesser offenses (hence his DNA is backlogged waiting to get into the system). Since killing her, he crime he's been laying low or even moved away.
What was the trigger point that got him to do this I wonder? - I'd look for someone who had recently split up with a gf, (any reports of domestic abuse) or who's wife was pregnant, etc.... something that got him on the prowl...
Anyway, this based upon what I've seen in crime shows.... When the killer is finally caught it's like why wasn't he suspected earlier...

One other thought - we don't know the level of violent evident at the crime scene. Seen cases where there is allot of violence causing LE to believe the attack was personal, someone the victim knew -- but it turned out to not to be true and that the killer is of a difference ethnicity than the victim and takes out pent up anger. Of course DNA can help here...

ETA to my above..... I still think, as I've brought up before, killer is someone living in the neighborhood who was watching her or at least attracted to her. He knew she was alone at times. She might have known him by sight and felt okay to answer her door, or he used a ruse of some kind.

It's a one-time crime of this kind for him, but he may have a record for lesser offenses (hence his DNA is backlogged waiting to get into the system). Since killing her, he crime he's been laying low or even moved away.
What was the trigger point that got him to do this I wonder? - I'd look for someone who had recently split up with a gf, (any reports of domestic abuse) or who's wife was pregnant, etc.... something that got him on the prowl...
Anyway, this based upon what I've seen in crime shows.... When the killer is finally caught it's like why wasn't he suspected earlier...

One other thought - we don't know the level of violent evident at the crime scene. Seen cases where there is allot of violence causing LE to believe the attack was personal, someone the victim knew -- but it turned out to not to be true and that the killer is of a difference ethnicity than the victim and takes out pent up anger. Of course DNA can help here...

I totally agree. It all adds up, someone saw her boyfriend leave, KNEW she lived there all alone and walla, over to the house he goes. Wonder if DNA would show the ethenticity or any physical features?!?

FWIW the obvious suspect, given similar assumptions, would be Cole Pollard, a Scottsdale resident who was recently arrested in Colorado for murdering an acquaintance's fiancee. Not sure whether he was on vacation or if he had recently moved back to Colorado, where he was from. His (known) victim was left face down on a bed, for family to find. And having looked at his FB before it was taken down, he did break up with a gf within a pertinent time period, and before that he may have even felt he was in a game of one-upsmanship with his victim's fiancee.

"Once in custody, Mr. Pollard was advised of his rights and voluntarily waived his rights," the document states. "Mr. Pollard told Detective Munden that he was with Richmond at her house and he 'snapped' and choked Richmond."
The affidavit goes on to say that Pollard described choking her first by wrapping his arm around her neck and then using his hands.
"Pollard said he 'choked Trish to death,'" the document reveals.
He also allegedly admitted to sexually assaulting her body after she was unconscious or dead and stealing several items before leaving the house.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...by-choking-her-to-death-in-rural-routt-county

However he was arrested nearly a month ago, and I tend to assume that his DNA would have been processed by now.

Anyway, this based upon what I've seen in crime shows.... When the killer is finally caught it's like why wasn't he suspected earlier..

That's an interesting take on things and you could be right. I still think it was someone very close to her although none of us know what really happened. So tragic.

This case holds my attention.... we know so few details, and things we know seem strange; for instance, why was her cellphone taken? If crime was robbery, then taking the phone was dumb, since a phone usually is quickly discarded by a perp.... unless the perp thought his photo might be on the phone... that got me thinking, wonder if she had something like Dropbox on her phone and was set to automatically sync/upload photos to another device, cloud, etc.... there might be to check...
Okay, just rambling on, as a bump of sorts...

This case holds my attention.... we know so few details, and things we know seem strange; for instance, why was her cellphone taken? If crime was robbery, then taking the phone was dumb, since a phone usually is quickly discarded by a perp.... unless the perp thought his photo might be on the phone... that got me thinking, wonder if she had something like Dropbox on her phone and was set to automatically sync/upload photos to another device, cloud, etc.... there might be to check...

Good point about her phone. I was thinking the same thing.

I was trying to understand what you were saying. Do you mean the perps pic might be on her phone because he was a friend of hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member