AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought all along it was weird to think it was a neighbor or peeper or anybody in the neighborhood. The boyfriend was there all the time. So he left around 8 pm. How would anyone know that he had not gone to the store for beer or toilet paper? And he'd return within 15 minutes? And for someone to enter her home, brutally murder her, and stay for hours, and not think that "Hey, someone could walk in the door any minute.." I just don't get it.

Do they know when the killer showed up, though? They know when the boyfriend left (around 8pm, I think?), and they know when the killer left (around 1am), but do they know when the killer actually showed up at her house?

Bear with me. I've thought about this WAY too much.

Say he showed up at her house with the intention to rob her, not knowing if she was alone or even home (remember, she had a garage not a carport, so if she was home her car would not have been visible). He somehow gets into her house - no forced entry is apparent, so he got in without having to damage anything. If it's a robbery motive, he probably would have been in a hurry to get in and get out, especially if he saw the alarm sign in her yard. If she surprised him by being there and his motive was sheerly to rob the place, it seems to me like he would have done anything to hightail it out of there before she had a chance to call the police. If she surprised him and he panicked, knowing that she could identify him, it seems like he went to extremes to kill her rather than knock her out or incapacitate her so he could escape. Overkill, if you will.

The crime scene technicians spent days at her house and its been reported that the scene was brutal. She fought for her life, which means to me that the person who killed her may have been in a rage. High emotion. Lots of damage was done. A few very personal things were taken (iPhone, credit cards, bracelet). The iPhone has not been used, to our knowledge. Her credit cards have not been used, to our knowledge. This seems like it was a crime with passion behind it.

In my mind, if Allison's murder was a robbery-gone-wrong, the killer would not have stuck around to find and splash the bleach-like substance over and around her body. In fact, since LE has stated they cannot find a DNA match to the killer, it means that he most likely has not done a crime in the past that would warrant him providing a DNA sample for the database. A first-time killer - especially one whose initial intent was not to murder - is rarely, if ever, as organized as this person seemed to be. They don't have the confidence or knowledge of a career criminal.

In my opinion, it seems as though he knew that a boyfriend/roommate/family member/friend would not be around to interrupt him in the act, catch him as he was leaving, or arrive soon enough after he left to call the police, which would have increased his chances of being caught. How he knew that is up for debate. But unless LE has stated they know approximately what time he arrived, which must have been sometime after 8pm, there's no way to know how long he was in her house. There's a five hour window there. Allison could have been alone for four hours and 45 minutes before she was killed. Or she could have been killed 15 minutes after her boyfriend left and the killer hung around, cleaning up and doing whatever. However, if he killed her on accident via the robbery scenario, I highly doubt he would have stuck around her house for any length of time.

To me, it seems like the motive was to murder her rather than rob her. And it seems likely he knew with certainty that he was not going to get caught by someone showing up while he was there. Again, it seems like if she'd surprised a robbery in progress and he'd already found and pocketed her iPhone, credit cards and bracelet, there would have been evidence of a crash and grab. The house would have been in disarray from him searching for things to steal, drawers would have been opened, etc. And maybe that was the case, I don't know. But the cops said she was targeted. They didn't say any of her other expensive items were taken, and her friends/family members mentioned Allison loved to shop (watches, TV, purse, wallet, and so on). LE didn't say the house was trashed or that it appeared to be a robbery-gone-wrong.

I think she was murdered by someone who knew her well and I think the person who did it knew he was in no danger of getting caught in the act or shortly thereafter. To me, it's more a question of if the murder was pre-meditated or done in the heat of the moment. And my lingering question is, does LE know who did it and they simply don't have enough evidence for a prosecutor to win in court? One reason I keep going back to that is because I haven't seen any of the Silent Witness billboards up in town yet, which is odd to me.

JUST MY OPINION, all of this, and I could be so far off base that the pitcher could walk off the mound and tag me himself.

orangecrush (makes me thirsty :)) I think they were so used to her texts going through and her being alone, which they could have found out when Mom called, it made them anxious and worried. I don't blame them. I think he crushed her phone, stepped on it or whatever. Remember he had a lot of time in that home. Makes you wonder why he stayed so late or how he could have after he killed her. That's why I think it should have gone public right away. Someone could have said "oh yeah he was gone a long time last night". All that info IMO should have been let out. Look now we are over a year and nothing has been found out.

I loved Orange Crush as a kid but now as an adult... well, the sugar is just too much for me!

Do you think LE has had a suspect in mind since the beginning and that's why they've stayed so close to the vest with information? Or do you think it's an example of LE not wanting to give out too much information so as not to aid the killer in staying elusive?

sorta O/T - how does a text not go through anyway? Even if the phone is off or crushed into a million tiny pieces, the sender doesn't get a message back saying the text won't go through, do they? I've never had that happen. The only way I was alerted that a text "did not go through" was if I had a typo in the number.

Hmmm, I too am curious why this was troublesome to her father. It was a mere 3 hours since mom had spoken to her and unless Alison told her mother something to trouble her, why would the 11PM text be concerning? Never considered that before mostly because I think this was a crime of passion. I think she was starting to get involved with someone new and well... something terrible happened when she wouldn't agree to be physically romantic, or to turn over her money perhaps... to a guy that knew she had some. I know this is very unpopular and unfounded (like most of the theories) but it has been my hunch since the get-go and why I rarely post anymore. I do check this thread often and think it amazing the amount of hope we continue to have for this family and the desire we have for this family to get the answers they want.

If I were the killer and lived in the town/area, and it was known that I knew her, I would do my best to GTH outta dodge and hope to get away with murder. Find a new job somewhere well out of the area, and be glad I was not already in jail awaiting trial. I'd be long gone.

sorta O/T - how does a text not go through anyway? Even if the phone is off or crushed into a million tiny pieces, the sender doesn't get a message back saying the text won't go through, do they? I've never had that happen. The only way I was alerted that a text "did not go through" was if I had a typo in the number.

Hmmm, I too am curious why this was troublesome to her father. It was a mere 3 hours since mom had spoken to her and unless Alison told her mother something to trouble her, why would the 11PM text be concerning? Never considered that before mostly because I think this was a crime of passion. I think she was starting to get involved with someone new and well... something terrible happened when she wouldn't agree to be physically romantic, or to turn over her money perhaps... to a guy that knew she had some. I know this is very unpopular and unfounded (like most of the theories) but it has been my hunch since the get-go and why I rarely post anymore. I do check this thread often and think it amazing the amount of hope we continue to have that this family will get the answers they want.

On my iPhone if a text doesn't go through it's because the person I'm sending it to, or myself, is not in an area where for some reason there isn't enough signal. It will show me next to the text or picture that it didn't go through and give me the option to resend. I usually hit that notification and resend.

On my iPhone if a text doesn't go through it's because the person I'm sending it to, or myself, is not in an area where for some reason there isn't enough signal. It will show me next to the text or picture that it didn't go through and give me the option to resend. I usually hit that notification and resend.

Thank you. I guess I have never been anywhere without good coverage or tried to send to someone without a good signal. So, who didn't have a strong enough signal at 11pm? Weird.

And to Borndem's post regarding my silly theory - I am not sure ANYONE knew she had gotten involved with this other (theoretical) guy. I think it was a total secret. (UNLESS, she told her mom in the 8pm call that she was meeting someone, a hot new guy... and thus the concern when the 11pm text didn't "go through")

AZPistonsGirl - just curious, why do you think she was starting to get involved with someone new? Everything Allison's family has said about her dating life centered around her "talking about getting engaged" to her boyfriend, so I'm intrigued by your theory, unfounded or not.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders why her father was bothered by a text not going through. I stated in an earlier post that there are various common reasons a text occasionally won't go through, and none of them are related to the recipient's phone being off (whether it's powered down or broken). If she talked to her mother/parents at 8 and that's around the same time that her boyfriend left her house, why would her father be concerned about his text not going through when they had *just* talked to her? I'm not casting any shadows here; it just doesn't make a lot of sense. Then again, maybe her father was misquoted or the statement about the text was taken out of context.

EDIT: Ah, AZPistonsGirl, I see your explanation. We were posting at the same time. :blushing:

Here's the thing, though... if she was meeting a hot new guy and her mother knew about it, why would her father have called her boyfriend to go check on her the next day when her parents couldn't reach her? Allison had a cousin she was close to who lived here. Why not call the cousin, if the boyfriend was potentially on the outs?

Glad to see "new posts" on this thread! Sad to see no arrest has been made but still hopeful it will be solved. I will be back to post my thoughts later.

AZPistonsGirl - just curious, why do you think she was starting to get involved with someone new? Everything Allison's family has said about her dating life centered around her "talking about getting engaged" to her boyfriend, so I'm intrigued by your theory, unfounded or not.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders why her father was bothered by a text not going through. I stated in an earlier post that there are various common reasons a text occasionally won't go through, and none of them are related to the recipient's phone being off (whether it's powered down or broken). If she talked to her mother/parents at 8 and that's around the same time that her boyfriend left her house, why would her father be concerned about his text not going through when they had *just* talked to her? I'm not casting any shadows here; it just doesn't make a lot of sense. Then again, maybe her father was misquoted or the statement about the text was taken out of context.

EDIT: Ah, AZPistonsGirl, I see your explanation. We were posting at the same time. :blushing:

Here's the thing, though... if she was meeting a hot new guy and her mother knew about it, why would her father have called her boyfriend to go check on her the next day when her parents couldn't reach her? Allison had a cousin she was close to who lived here. Why not call the cousin, if the boyfriend was potentially on the outs?

IMO anyone can be preparing for engagement, or already wed, or simply involved in a committed relationship and still seek comfort in the arms of another. Even on one's wedding day, or during the honeymoon, for example (via text, secret phone calls, or secret visits. It does happen, absolutely). As for why she might be getting involved with someone new? Current BF started to change? New guy just too too hot to pass up for a hook up at least? Attention is flattering, maybe wants to be sure current BF is the right one?

(I see you edited your post as I was replying - sneaky, I like it!) Yes, you're right - why call the BF to check on her - that I do agree with as odd or unexpected, especially in light of close cousin. So perhaps she didn't say anything to her mom to tip her off to (theoretical) secret new hot guy. Then we're back to why was the 11pm text not going through odd? Wow, that opens up some weird new implications about why it didn't go through, and why it would be alarming to her father. I am putting my thinking cap back on and back to lurk mode for now.

I loved Orange Crush as a kid but now as an adult... well, the sugar is just too much for me!

Do you think LE has had a suspect in mind since the beginning and that's why they've stayed so close to the vest with information? Or do you think it's an example of LE not wanting to give out too much information so as not to aid the killer in staying elusive?

Orangcrush, I don't think they have a suspect at all. I think they are at a dead end. :(

If like mentioned here, she was killed in rage, could it be because this guy tried to attack her sexually and she fought him tooth and nail. She was attractive and neighbors knew she lived alone, boyfriend took off and maybe someone infatuated with her took their chance. JMO
Her mother called at 8, she might have said she was staying up to do something and the father could have just casually texted her and never had the text not go through before. So if the phone was crushed the text would still go through as someone said???

Were all of the Feldmans on Iphones? Once in a while, for apparently no reason, I will send a text to an Iphone from my Iphone and will get a red error saying not delivered (or didn't go thru or something like that). Then I will re-text right then and usually it will go thru. I wonder if this text issue is just a horrible distraction to the case and actually means nothing. Like others have said, even if her phone was destroyed, the text would still be sent since it's the hardware that was damaged, not the operating system.

If that was the case, the timeline could be a lot shorter. He could have broken in after she was in bed or getting ready for bed and then left shortly after (at 1:00 a.m.).

It would not surprise me if the killer lived not far from Allison. Perhaps they had crossed paths and she had smiled or said hello to him, and with that he thinks she likes him, or has a chance with her. He may even have seen he BF and thinks to himself, he so much better...

So, he shows up at her doorstep, with no intention of harming her, and as such is not worried about her BF returning. After all, he thinks once he talks to her, she's be his.

He seems non-threatening, and she sadly makes the fatal mistake of letting him, and we know the rest of the story.. she rejects him and he goes crazy...

I say this based upon two things LE has told us - 1) She was targeted, 2) The killer is someone who is not violent at first, but can become so. (paraphrasing).

ETA - I seen this, and variations thereof on some ID cable channel crime shows.... variations -
killer's wife or GF is pregnant and he believes the victim is easy prey.... another variation, killer sees victim is dating someone he feels superior to for a variety of reasons, especially when the BF is of a different race (not the case here, I know) but he of a different nationality.

Here's a quote from the article above:

"Harley Feldman, Allison's father, said he felt something was wrong when his daughter's phone turned off.

'On Tuesday night my wife talked to her about eight o'clock, and then I sent her a text message around eleven and it didn't get delivered,' he said."

If Allison's phone was turned off, the text still would have gone through. She would have received it when her phone was powered back on. I assume that her father received a notification on his phone that the text wasn't delivered. If so, why was that a cause for alarm, especially since she'd spoken with her mother only a couple of hours prior to that? Was it because they couldn't reach her the next day and the text not going through was ominous to them in retrospect, or...?

Snipped....I think your right regarding the concern about the text not going thru. I think it was in retrospect.....they were in touch with her Tuesday evening, then later a text didn't go thru, which was unusual, but the alarm and panic didn't start until the next day. Wednesday, I am sure they all tried to call or text, and with that they started to seriously think something was horribly wrong. In the link I post, the sister says, " her phone was her life". No one could reach her all of Wednesday, and in the video she states they started to panic wednesday. Which made her bf call them, go over there , and her dad called SPD to do a check on her.

There's been some awesome posters on here!!! Just like me, Allisons case has been on my mind since it first aired and it bothers me that it has gone unsolved for so long. And that SPD is so quiet !!!!
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/1535872-story

I do think the un sent text is crucial to the time line though. 11pm.....her phone was off....imo, that means Allison did not have control of it, either she was deceased by then, held captive, or fighting. So the minimum time the killer was at her house was 2 hours. And I don't know if that's Minnesota time or Az time either..

One other thought, if she was friendly with him ( knew him, wasn't thinking he was going to hurt her, and let him in, etc), she may have told him innocently that her bf wasn't coming back. Or, since the killer had her phone, he may have read messages ( if any) on her phone where Allison and her bf exchanged .."goodnights, see you tommorrow ", etc. Just a thought

I do think the un sent text is crucial to the time line though. 11pm.....her phone was off....imo, that means Allison did not have control of it, either she was deceased by then, held captive, or fighting. So the minimum time the killer was at her house was 2 hours. And I don't know if that's Minnesota time or Az time either..

One other thought, if she was friendly with him ( knew him, wasn't thinking he was going to hurt her, and let him in, etc), she may have told him innocently that her bf wasn't coming back. Or, since the killer had her phone, he may have read messages ( if any) on her phone where Allison and her bf exchanged .."goodnights, see you tommorrow ", etc. Just a thought

lesajo, I never thought of that, Yes, he could have looked at her phone saw the messages and KNEW the boyfriend was not coming back, thus took his time leaving. Boyfriend more than likely messaged her, like you said, "have a good evening, etc.". That's a great explanation for why he took his time which everyone was trying to figure out---why he was not worried about boyfriend coming back.

Here is the episode:

[video=youtube;s-n5AP7jQRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-n5AP7jQRI[/video]

Wow, thanks for finding it. You are good! I just did see a commercial aired for it on tv, on abc 15 in Phoenix to be aired at 3pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers