AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I want to say, I think Allisons friends and family should be proud, they are still getting her story out there. I hope someone in the area sees this episode and phones in a tip. I really felt their pain, as many of us have from the start.
Second, that being said, it seems crime watch made an edit error in the actual episode that was aired here in phoenix. At the start of the show, the narrator tells about the several crime stories they will be reporting on ( there were several ). The narrator states , ....." from the bloody crime scene to the mysterious fingerprints that lead to a surprise suspect....." yet in the segment they never bring that up? It was edited out apparently . ....that bugged me!!!!! Why put it in the start of the show . Did anyone else see the actual show aired?

I just saw the episode on YouTube. Crime watch had posted on their YouTube page and it came up, as I subscribe to their channel. They do air a few stories in each episode, maybe they were talking about a different murder? I really hope this helps catch Allison's killer.

I do think the un sent text is crucial to the time line though. 11pm.....her phone was off....imo, that means Allison did not have control of it, either she was deceased by then, held captive, or fighting. So the minimum time the killer was at her house was 2 hours. And I don't know if that's Minnesota time or Az time either..

One other thought, if she was friendly with him ( knew him, wasn't thinking he was going to hurt her, and let him in, etc), she may have told him innocently that her bf wasn't coming back. Or, since the killer had her phone, he may have read messages ( if any) on her phone where Allison and her bf exchanged .."goodnights, see you tommorrow ", etc. Just a thought

It's food for thought, but playing devil's advocate here, I believe the only way anyone would know her phone was turned off at 11pm was if her cell phone records showed that her phone wasn't "pinging" off any cell phone towers in the area. Her father would not have been able to know that her phone was turned off via sending her a text message that wasn't delivered. He would have known it wasn't delivered because he most likely would have received a notification on his own phone, but I don't believe there was a way for him to have known at that point that her phone was turned off.

Also, let's think about why the killer would take the time to go through her text messages.

If the motive was originally robbery, he most likely would have incapacitated her and bolted with whatever he managed to steal. Time is of the essence in a robbery situation, even more so if the crime unintentionally escalates from robbery to murder.

If her murder was pre-meditated, I would imagine the killer would have known prior to harming her if there was any chance he would be interrupted/surprised by a third party. Unless Allison was very familiar with the person who killed her, I cannot imagine that she, as a single woman, would volunteer the information that she was home by herself at night and no one was due to visit anytime soon. Now, if she arranged to meet someone at her house after her boyfriend left, that could be how the killer knew he'd have plenty of time to commit his crime without getting caught. Maybe she "kicked her boyfriend out to go home and study," so that she could meet someone else. Maybe she wasn't as happily involved in a serious relationship as her friends/family thought. (Speculation only, of course.)

If her murder wasn't pre-meditated (ie, a rage killing), I would be very surprised if someone took the time to figure out how much time he had to kill her and if he needed to leave right away. She used her phone for business ("her phone was her life"), so I cannot see her letting some random person she didn't know very well casually pick up her phone and start going through it. And I cannot see someone who just "accidentally" murdered/seriously harmed another person having the presence of mind to find her phone and scroll through text messages to see if he could hang out for awhile after the deed was done.

Now, pre-meditated or not, close friend or casual acquaintance, I COULD see someone scrolling through her text messages to see if she'd told anyone he was coming over or something along those lines. IMO, that would require more logical thinking vs. being in a panic that he'd just murdered someone. His action of splashing her body with a bleach-like substance to try to erase DNA/evidence also seems to me like more logical thinking, particularly if he had to go search for it under a sink or in the garage/laundry room after he killed her. His stealing her phone, her credit cards and her bracelet also seems like more logical thinking, to make it appear more like a robbery-gone-wrong.

I'm probably wrong on all counts, but lesajo brought up an interesting possible scenario that I clearly overanalyzed! :blushing:

orangecrush, Your last paragraph made me think differently. Maybe this guy texted her to say he was coming over, a co-worker? So that would be why the phone was stolen. Never thought of that because I was so stuck on it being a neighbor. The reason I say co-worker is that she seems so straight, I don't think she would ever stray from her boyfriend. I guess if it was a neighbor he would not have bothered with the phone. All speculation but it is food for thought.

everyone in my family has an iPhone. I frequently get the not delivered message.This also happens when I text/I Message certain people. I think it has to do with settings...as you can tell, I'm not tech savvy.

Were all of the Feldmans on Iphones? Once in a while, for apparently no reason, I will send a text to an Iphone from my Iphone and will get a red error saying not delivered (or didn't go thru or something like that). Then I will re-text right then and usually it will go thru. I wonder if this text issue is just a horrible distraction to the case and actually means nothing. Like others have said, even if her phone was destroyed, the text would still be sent since it's the hardware that was damaged, not the operating system.

If that was the case, the timeline could be a lot shorter. He could have broken in after she was in bed or getting ready for bed and then left shortly after (at 1:00 a.m.).

Is this the first time we've heard about the finger prints on what appears to be a coffee cup in the video?
I guess I may have forgotten that being announced. I do recall that they found DNA.
Also, I guess I never knew how they came up with the 1am exit time for sure. For some reason I had it on my head that they were possibly caught on video, not from logs of the security system.
This case has gone on so long with no movement I guess I'm beginning to forget things. :(

I finally watched that video and there were a few discrepancies in it, based on previous media reports:

* They said she had a "long-term" boyfriend. I know I'm nit-picking, but 10 months is "long-term"?
* Her sister was the last person to speak with her, not her mother as has been widely reported.
* Her father called LE the following day (Wednesday) to do a welfare check. He did not call her boyfriend first. Her boyfriend had already found her dead and the police were apparently already at her house. I'd not heard that before - I'd always read that her father called her boyfriend and asked him to go over there, since the family had not been able to reach Allison all day.
* The security system sign they showed was for the wrong company. That was not the sign in front of her house (again, I'm being nit-picky!).
* LE said her boyfriend has been cooperative and they've spoken with him several times about the case, but they were not specific in terms of anything he's told them. Why haven't they publicly cleared him, or anyone for that matter?
* LE said it appeared this was a "random act." That is not what they've said in the past. Her father is the one who says he believes she was targeted. Very contradictory.
* LE said that she might have been killed by someone who was from out of town. I think I've read/heard that theory before, but if that's the case, why aren't the Silent Witness billboards up on the freeways locally? Scottsdale has a LOT of people who come back into town every year during the winter and spring months, so if she was killed by someone who is a winter visitor, now would have been the time to have those billboards up.

On the video, they interviewed Allison's best friend, who is still clearly devastated and cried throughout, poor thing. I find it baffling that her best friend is willing to struggle through talking to the media, but her "long-term" boyfriend - who found her, who was presumably the last person to see her besides the killer, and who may have been the last person to communicate with her - has not spoken publicly. Please note - I'm not casting suspicion, but if my significant other was brutally murdered and the crime was still unsolved more than a year later, I'd be so vocal about it that people would be sick of seeing and hearing me. Then again, different people deal with grief in many different ways.

Regardless, I could barely get through that clip. The reporter was so overly dramatic that it was painful... but hopefully, it will spur some action on the part of someone who sees it and knows something that could help move this case forward.

orangecrush, Your last paragraph made me think differently. Maybe this guy texted her to say he was coming over, a co-worker? So that would be why the phone was stolen. Never thought of that because I was so stuck on it being a neighbor. The reason I say co-worker is that she seems so straight, I don't think she would ever stray from her boyfriend. I guess if it was a neighbor he would not have bothered with the phone. All speculation but it is food for thought.

It's possible her phone was taken by the killer as an attempt to get rid of evidence that it might have contained. However, LE can get cell phone records, including text messages sent and received. If she was texting with someone prior to her murder, LE would be able to see what was said, the number of the person she was texting with and the times of the texts. Records would show who owned the other phone, even if Allison didn't have that person's name programmed into her contacts list.

Now, I think pictures are another story unless they're uploaded to the cloud. Deleted cell phone pictures can be recovered off a phone, so the killer may have taken her phone because there were incriminating photos on it and he didn't want anyone to be able to get them. Or, he wanted those pictures for himself. (I don't want to think too hard about that...)

We do know her phone was turned off and wasn't used after it was stolen. This indicates to me that the killer may have been aware of the ability to track someone's movements via cell phone. If it was someone close to Allison, he would have known that her phone being turned off would have eventually triggered alarm from her family, friends and co-workers, but in the meantime, it would prevent anyone from being able to tell where her phone was. Her stolen credit cards weren't used, either, which indicates the killer did not steal them in order to use them (again, possibly being aware that usage would be tracked).

Her Tiffany bracelet has not turned up, but something like that would be extremely difficult to track. By the way... do we know where the Tiffany bracelet came from? Did she buy it for herself, or was it a gift?

it's like the National Inquirer version of the story. And some of those discrepancies between what has been reported and what was portrayed for this sensationalized story are pretty big IMO.

...Her Tiffany bracelet has not turned up, but something like that would be extremely difficult to track. By the way... do we know where the Tiffany bracelet came from? Did she buy it for herself, or was it a gift?

RSBM above...

:bump:

There was some information released from a Minnesota news station last week regarding the Tiffany bracelet. I've posted the link below, but the bracelet was found in her home. There was also a question regarding fingerprints and I cannot find any print articles to confirm that, but a reporter states in the second link that police have fingerprints and DNA from the suspect. He also states that the family took money they collected to Silent Witness to raise the reward.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/16/reward-increased-in-feldman-murder-case/28846143/

http://www.kpho.com/story/29317957/reward-increases-to-10k-in-scottsdale-murder-case

:blushing:

orangecrush, I didn't know they could see what was on her phone without actually having the phone. WOW. Now I'm back to my theory of it being a neighbor again. Someone who had a crush on her and she rebuked him and he went into a rage. I wish I knew if SPD checked out all her closest neighbors DNA.

Thanks, tarabull, that's interesting - I watched the kare11 clip at the link you provided, and that reporter said the Tiffany bracelet was found in her house, but that some designer watches were missing. I thought it was the other way around, that the watches were initially thought to have been stolen but were later found in her house. Ugh, this is why media reports frustrate me sometimes... the details!

Well, Someone is going to have to answer to God for her murder some day. It is getting further and further from the date this happened.

I happened to be in that part of town yesterday, so I took a non-conspicuous drive past her house. Nothing has changed except there's a different security sign in the yard and there is no lockbox on her front door anymore. Her yard is cared for and neat. You would never know the house is vacant. Her neighborhood was quiet. There were a number of contractor-type trucks and vans around (pest control, electrical repair, landscaping, etc.). It struck me again how close together those houses are and how narrow the streets are.

Thanks for the close-up of her little neighborhood, orangecrush (I love your name!). Again I will say how valuable a local person is to Websleuths. I can look at the area from Google Maps & get a faraway feel for the place, but nothing to compare with what you just posted.

And your comment on the houses being so close together gave me a little chill and a little SMH. I guess no one saw, no one heard, so no one spoke. Bless her heart for what she must have endured. The world can be a hard place, I'm sad & sorry to say.

I wonder if LE can utilize this DNA Snapshot Phenotyping on the DNA obtained in Allison's case??? Or maybe they have...

:dunno:

From today's news headlines:

Florida police release new sketch of suspect in 2013 murder of toronto couple
April 14, 2016

...Investigators employed DNA Snapshot Phenotyping to predict the suspect’s physical appearance and biogeographical ancestry using the DNA evidence found at the scene.

The phenotyping technology has indicated that the suspect has green or hazel eyes, light olive or fair skin, dark brown or black hair and is of a southeastern European background.

The phenotyping also indicated the suspect likely has an above-average body mass index and a low percentage of facial freckles.

“This technology gives us an opportunity to narrow our potential field of suspects,” said Flornoyn. “We have not had a match since January of 2013, which would mean that either the perpetrators of owners of this DNA have not been arrested, have never been arrested and are not in any database.”

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/florida-p...ct-in-2013-murder-of-toronto-couple-1.2858847

:thinking:

:justice: for Ms. Feldman!............C'mon already!

So if LE believed it was someone who lived in the area (thanks Tarabull)and orangecrush(thanks) said the houses are close together, it makes me feel even more that it was a neighbor. Tarabull, it would be really helpful if SPD did that phenotyping. What a great thing. I wish they would be forthcoming and let the public know what's going on. It would help so much, sigh.

Thanks for the close-up of her little neighborhood, orangecrush (I love your name!). Again I will say how valuable a local person is to Websleuths. I can look at the area from Google Maps & get a faraway feel for the place, but nothing to compare with what you just posted.

And your comment on the houses being so close together gave me a little chill and a little SMH. I guess no one saw, no one heard, so no one spoke. Bless her heart for what she must have endured. The world can be a hard place, I'm sad & sorry to say.

You are very welcome. Always glad to contribute.

Another note - Allison's back yard fence bordered an alley. There was no forced entry at her home. It's entirely possible that someone jumped her fence and entered her house through an unlocked back door (speculating). Many people lock their front door but not their back door, thinking that if the back yard is fenced and the back gate is locked, they don't need that extra layer of security. Locally, there are SO many break-ins that happen to homes that back up to an alley - it's easy access in and out, and you can remain unseen for the most part.

When I get a chance, I'll drive past again and see if I can get a closer look at that alley access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers