GUILTY AZ - Ame Deal, 10, suffocated in footlocker, Phoenix, 12 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've looked at the link you posted but I don't know if I understand. When is the trial starting for john Michael Allen or have I missed it. Thanks for posting that link.x

I've looked at the link you posted but I don't know if I understand. When is the trial starting for john Michael Allen or have I missed it. Thanks for posting that link.x

It started today. I think the last couple of weeks was the jury selection process.

Murder trial starts for man suspected in Ame Deal's footlocker death

"All of this over a popsicle," prosecutor Rademacher said in his opening statements Monday.

He created a mental image of the crime, describing the calisthenics, the scolding.

"Ame would have heard the lock click shut," he told a jury panel of 11 women and five men. "And then she began the fight of her life, a fight she would lose.

"Ame died in that box," Rademacher continued. "She died while the defendant and his wife were sleeping. Once that box was closed, she never had a chance."

Thanks JusticeWillBeServed for the update! Guess I had the wrong date for the trial to start! :doh:

Article:

Videotaped confession aired at trial reveals details about Ame Deal's death
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...al-reveals-details-ame-deals-death/823571001/

A videotape played in Maricopa County Superior Court on Wednesday showed the initial interview between a Phoenix police detective and John Allen, in which Allen confesses to locking Ame Deal in a box on the night of her death.
[.....]
The last exhibit showed by the prosecution to the jury during Wednesday's testimony was a video of Allen crying after McKay had left the room. He was emotional in the video, banging his fists, throwing a water bottle and praying.
The trial is expected to last about two weeks.

Thankyou for the updates, I've been waiting a long time for this. I still find it shocking how little publicity ame and the animals that did this as received. In most of the trials I've followed there as been video or at the least, media present to do plenty of tweets throughout the day. Ame deserves for people to know what these animals did and it seems no one is interested. I'm glad websleuths hasn't forgot her.

Haven't found anything new since that last article I posted.... :gaah:

:rose: RIP AME! :rose: We haven't forgotten you!

Closing arguments set in trial of man charged with Ame Deal's death

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/11/06/closing-arguments-set-trial-john-allen-man-charged-ame-deal-footlocker-death/838048001/

The prosecution spent Monday questioning forensic pathologist Dr. Philip Keen about the examination of Deal's body and why suffocation was ruled the cause of death.

After prosecutors decided to rest their case, Allen's defense attorney did not have any evidence or witnesses to present to the jury, resting their case as well.

Closing arguments will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday before Superior Court Judge Erin Otis.

Looked for tweeters on this one - I have two bookmarked, but neither one is posting from the courtroom, I guess....

[video=twitter;928030842105905152]https://twitter.com/courtpio/status/928030842105905152[/video]

The horrifying life and horrifying death of Ame Deal

You go because you want to see the box that served first as a home for Barbie dolls, then as an instrument for discipline, then as a casket.

You go because the way this little girl lived – and died – has slipped from public view but should never slip from the public’s memory

You go because even though the story is well known, internationally known, it remains difficult to fathom.

And so you go to a mostly empty Maricopa County courtroom, where the hideous story of the life and death of Ame Lynn Deal is being replayed one final time.

Jury in murder case sees tiny box where girl was left to die

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/jury-murder-case-sees-tiny-box-girl-left-50999723

Prosecutors said John Michael Allen, 29, crammed Ame Deal, his wife's cousin, inside the small storage box as punishment for stealing ice pops and could have saved her from dying but chose to go to sleep instead. They pointed out a few tiny holes through which air could have entered the locked box, which was left outside during the hot Phoenix summer.

"He helped his wife to sleep while Ame was trapped in a box that was 21 inches shorter than she was," according to the lead prosecutor. "He chose to leave Ame to suffocate to death in her own sweat. That's what little regard the defendant had for Ame's life."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article183317451.html

Defense attorney Robert Reinhardt argued that Allen, a father of four young children, did not intend for the girl to die. The other adults in the home created the abusive home environment and were "playing John like a fiddle. John was manipulated," Reinhardt said.

So are the jurors deliberating today also? Haven't found anything about what happened yesterday....

TIA! :wave:

IMO there can be no justice for this atrocity. None.

I hold Ame's name in my mind and heart.

Thank you to those who have been sharing links and news here.

Jury finds John Allen guilty in death of Ame Deal

A Maricopa County Superior Court jury has found John Allen guilty in the death of 10-year-old, Ame Deal.

Allen was found guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder, three counts of child abuse and conspiracy to commit child abuse.

Allen now becomes the fifth person prosecuted in the case. Judith Deal, Ame's grandmother, currently is serving a 10-year sentence for a child-abuse conviction. Cynthia Stoltzman, Ame's aunt and legal guardian, is serving 24 years for child abuse in the case. Ame's father, David Deal, is serving 14 years for child abuse.

[video=twitter;928405867229200384]https://twitter.com/courtpio/status/928405867229200384[/video]

yess-smiley.gif

Rest easy Ame Lynn!!! They are ALL going to pay for it!

JUSTICE for AME!! :rose:

MC Superior Court‏Verified account @courtpio
10h10 hours ago

The Superior Court will be closed Nov. 10 for Veterans Day.

so guessing the jurors are still deliberating his fate....

Not finding any updates from yesterday's deliberations....

Anyone?

Haven't found anything - Jurors come to a decision??

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back