Found Deceased AZ - Beau Riddle, 49, from UT, del a trailer in AZ, was driving to ID to del another, truck & trailer found, Beaver Dam, Mohave Co, 22 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
ST. GEORGE — Arizona search and rescue teams are attempting to locate Beau Riddle, a missing man out of Layton after both his truck and the fifth-wheel trailer he was towing were found unoccupied.

Mohave County Sheriff’s Office did a welfare check Saturday for Riddle, who was reported missing while traveling across several states. He was officially listed as missing Sunday at approximately 4:45 a.m. and Search and Rescue teams were dispatched to locate the man, Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Anita Mortenson said.

BeauRiddleMissingFI.jpg

More at Layton man reported missing, truck and trailer located near Beaver Dam, Ariz.

Note: Age taken from public records.

According to the family’s spokesperson, 49-year-old Beau Riddle dropped off a work trailer in Littlefield, Arizona, on Thursday, a day before he went missing.

On Friday, Beau was on his way to drop off another trailer to Idaho when he called his employer and said he was having an anxiety attack. He said his truck was overheating while driving in the Arizona stip between Nevada and Utah.

His employer arranged a hotel for him and told Beau that another driver would pick up the trailer but lost contact with him around 4:47 p.m.

After the call, his phone was turned off and no one could reach him.

LITTLEFIELD, Arizona, July 24, 2022 (Gephardt Daily) — The family of a missing Layton man say they suspect foul play after his truck was found at a gas station near the Utah-Arizona-Colorado border Sunday morning.

Beau Riddle, 49, has been missing since Friday after he delivered a fifth-wheel trailer in Littlefield, Arizona. Riddle was scheduled to deliver another trailer in Idaho on Friday when he told his employer he was having a “nervous breakdown” and engine problems from heat.

Police say Riddle’s orange Dodge Ram was discovered behind storage trailers about 200 yards away from the Eagles Landing Pilot truck stop, 4031 Fleet St., Littlefield.

RiddleMissing2.jpg

More at Family of missing Layton man suspects foul play after truck found near Utah-Arizona border | Gephardt Daily

According to the family’s spokesperson, 49-year-old Beau Riddle dropped off a work trailer in Littlefield, Arizona, on Thursday, a day before he went missing.

On Friday, Beau was on his way to drop off another trailer to Idaho when he called his employer and said he was having an anxiety attack. He said his truck was overheating while driving in the Arizona stip between Nevada and Utah.

His employer arranged a hotel for him and told Beau that another driver would pick up the trailer but lost contact with him around 4:47 p.m.

I hope it was an anxiety attack and not a heart attack.

This is a scary case, I can’t imagine what his family must be feeling. Looking on Google maps, it’s definitely a dry, desert area, but there are several nearby businesses and large highways, at least from what I can tell.

From what I could glean from MSM and Mojave County LE Facebook pages, the trailer was found Saturday (somewhere in Littlefield), and then truck was spotted on Sunday by multiple townspeople nearby the Pilot gas station/truck stop (also in Littlefield, but not same location as trailer), kind of at a dead end behind the gas station. Also noteworthy- the LE Facebook post specifically does say he was last seen Friday at the Pilot Truck Stop in Littlefield. Wondering if this was eyewitness report or surveillance video- the Pilot truck stop looks pretty nice/newer on Google so I would assume there are multiple cameras around the building.
All the media stories say the family suspect foul play based on him leaving the second trailer somewhere (not it’s intended destination?) and leaving his truck abandoned, and this being very out of character for him.

Questions: 1) was the second trailer left abandoned somewhere in Littlefield, or was this the intended drop off site? I know it says he “delivered” the 5th wheel in Littlefield and then had another drop off to make in Idaho, but his truck was found without anything hitched to it. As far as the drop off site for the found trailer in Littlefield- at what kind of site was it found and were there any signs of foul play at or around the trailer? 2) MSM says Beau’s employer reported the trailer stolen in order to expedite the investigation process, but I couldn’t find info on why exactly this was done- was it to get police officially on the look out for it, in hopes this would also help locate Beau… since they hadn’t heard from him since the mental breakdown texts/phone call Friday? Or was there another reason they believed it was stolen?

All of this to say… I think the timeline/info is a bit muddy still on MSM and LE posts, but it is scary nonetheless. Hoping for news soon.

This is what concerns me. Good thing the truck was bright orange!

On Saturday, The Mohave County Sheriff’s office found the missing trailer, and on Sunday, they found Beau’s truck behind storage trailers about 200 yards away from Littlefield, Arizona.

The family’s spokesperson said that the truck was hidden, and the family expects foul play.

I understand the family's concern for "foul play" but he reported based on the links in this thread that he was having a "panic attack" or a "nervous breakdown". The chance of that followed by foul play seem pretty unlikely. I hope he's just temporarily "checked out" from his lifework stresses nd is safe and perhaps seeking help but I'm gravely concerned.

Me too.

I noticed the most recent FB posts were him selling stuff. That was a bit of a red flag. JMO
I wouldn't read too much into that. The article states that this was a new employer. If he'd been between jobs, finances might have been tight.

----------------------------

TIMELINE

Th Jul 21

- Delivered first trailer to Littlefield (1)

Fr Jul 22 (WEATHER - 80-109F, no precipitation)
- Scheduled to drive second trailer from Littlefield to Idaho (1)
- Truck overheating in desert, having anxiety attack / mental health crisis (1)
- 4:47PM - Texted employer (2), who offered to put him up in hotel and send another driver (1)
- Phone off, unreachable (3)
- "Last seen" at Eagles Landing Pilot gas station (4)

Sa Jul 23 (WEATHER - 86-102F, no precipitation)
- [or FRI?] Trailer reported stolen by employee to speed search effort (3)
- [or FRI?] Wife makes missing person report in Layton, UT (3)
- Trailer found in Littlefield, AZ (3)

Su Jul 24 (WEATHER - 82-97F, no precipitation)
- 4:45AM - Officially reported missing after welfare check by Mohave County Sheriff (1)
- Truck found "hidden" behind storage trailers (3) ~200 yards from Eagles Landing Pilot gas station at 4031 Fleet St. Littlefield, AZ (2)
- Search & rescue teams w helicopters dispatched (1)

SOURCES
(1) - St George News Jul 24
(2) - Gephardt Daily Jul 24
(3) - KSLTV Jul 24
(4) - MSN / Charlotte Observer Jul 25

------------------
NOTES/MOO

The distance between Littlefield, AZ and St George, UT is only 30 miles (30min drive), so the truck must have started overheating fairly quickly after leaving Littlefield that day for him to choose to go back to Littlefield rather than continue on to the much-larger St George.

It doesn't say where he was delivering to in Idaho, but from Littlefield, AZ it'd be at least 6.5 hours to the Idaho border or 5 hours to his home in Layton (if he was planning to stop at home that night and continue on the next day). If he was leaving Littlefield at about 5pm, he'd get home around 10pm, which seems like it'd be a very reasonable plan.

From FB photos, it appears that he owned the orange truck, which could help explain why the truck and trailer ended up separated -- he might have left the trailer somewhere 'safe' to be picked up later by his employer's other driver, intending to take his own truck to a hotel or to be serviced for whatever engine issues it was having or continue back to UT (without the extra strain of the trailer's weight)

Last edited:
Articles EU blocked. Does it say how near to his truck?
No, it doesn't. Here are the important bits;
"Mohave County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue officials said 49-year-old Beau Riddle was found deceased in Littlefield, Arizona, on Tuesday. He was last seen at a gas station in the area. Riddle's abandoned truck was found messy and filled with scattered clothes, an empty wallet and other items.
Additional details were not initially provided."

question - empty wallet?? wondering if someone had gone through the car prior to it being found. Would be a shame because that really screws up the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand
Back