AZ - BRYAN PATRICK MILLER - Victims: Angela Brosso & Melanie Bernas, Serial Killer 1992-1993 *Guilty, sentenced to death*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I went through a lot of his pics on fb before it was taken down, some of the images stuck out for various reasons of violence or strangeness but I don't recall seeing any one thing on bicycles or any athletic endeavor whatsoever. Hard to believe someone is training for any physical feat when they look so out of shape and just overall not athletic.

There is no way in hell he was a cyclist. I met the guy several times, I live a few miles from his house. No serious cyclist has his body type and no serious cyclist stores ancient bikes in a rusty shed. He's lying for sure.

So they search inside and out today with two cadaver dogs from border paTrol. Nothing was found. We did find out a lot of information though about what they could talk about. They said he told them he trains for bike marathons, that's why he had all those bikes in his shed.

If he trains for marathons, then the bikes would be custom fit to his body size. The pedals, seat, handle bars etc., are set in just the right spot. It's as easy as pie to know if they are his bikes ... kinda like Cinderella and the glass slipper...

I think that if the police had any solid evidence against this guy, we would have heard about it by now in a press conference or something.

He is definitely an odd character with a history of violence against women. But I'm starting to wonder if this isn't another case of police rounding up the biggest weirdo to see if it sticks. That happened during the Yosemite be-headings (1999). During that investigation, police arrested a local weirdo named Billy Strange. Then they somehow got someone else to confess who had nothing to do with any of the murders. Eventually Cary Stayner killed again and got caught.

I think that if the police had any solid evidence against this guy, we would have heard about it by now in a press conference or something.
rsbm

We have. His DNA is a match in Angela's and Melanie's murders. Whether he can be linked through DNA to other cases remains to be seen, though. It can be a slow process.

"The evidence samples collected from both victims were determined to be the same unknown DNA profile. This profile matched the defendants DNA profile," according to the arresting officer's probable cause statement.

http://www.kpho.com/story/27844205/man-arrested-in-cold-case-deaths-of-2-women

Defendant in Phoenix cold case killings pleads not guilty
azfamily.com
Posted on February 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM
Updated today at 10:28 AM

PHOENIX (AP) -- A 42-year-old Phoenix man has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and other crimes in two cold case killings from the early 1990s.

Bryan Patrick Miller was arrested Jan. 13 in the 1992 killing of 22-year-old Angela Brosso and the 1993 killing of 17-year-old Melanie Bernas.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...leads-not-guilty-290545261.html#ixzz3QbyR6Ghy

The car was obviously not a police car. It would not have fooled anyone. He lived about 2 miles or so from me and I saw the car often. I think he's had that car for about a year, he seemed to have been working on it for the Comicon event held here in AZ in May each year.

idk how long he has had this car, but I myself, remember at least 3 times over the past 10 years or so, hearing on the local news to be cautious because someone was impersonating a cop and pulling people over. This is the most recent, it happened in November.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Police-impersonator-stops-woman-in-Peoria-282825831.html

We go to First Fridays pretty frequently, and yes, he has most definitely been there.

The car was obviously not a police car. It would not have fooled anyone. He lived about 2 miles or so from me and I saw the car often. I think he's had that car for about a year, he seemed to have been working on it for the Comicon event held here in AZ in May each year.
I'll have to take your word for it, but I'm wondering if the car approached you from the rear at night, say out on the highway, with a flashing light on the dashboard; and you glanced in your rearview mirror, would you be certain it was not an actual LE cruiser?

[video=youtu;PBL03oobpAU]http://youtu.be/PBL03oobpAU[/video]

At approx. the 25 sec mark, in November 2013 Carlton, TX police search rapist who impersonated an officer:

[video=youtu;ZjdbeCsiXx8]http://youtu.be/ZjdbeCsiXx8[/video]

Still shot of suspect sketch from video above:
suspect.jpg

BPM:
635568213608193811-Brian-Patrick-Miller.jpg

:thinking:

I have to disagree. We have a lot of dark streets here in the Valley and at night, with those lights flashing, it would easily fool someone

It's a pretty good match to an actual cop car if you discount the roof lights (its illegal to use the same colors as an actual cop car) and the spikes on the front bumper.

The spikes would be hard to spot if you don't know about them, and I'm sure there are people who pull over for flashers without realizing the colors.

I just don't know of any evidence that he did that, no one has come forward saying he dressed up as or tried to impersonate police. He was into Steampunk and geeky comic book stuff. It might fool someone from a distance in the dark, but that doesn't appear to have been his MO. We have four crimes from him that all share very common characteristics -- his MO is clearly a sneak attack with a knife in a secluded area -- maybe offering to help, give a ride, then seizing the opportunity.
I'll have to take your word for it, but I'm wondering if the car approached you from the rear at night, say out on the highway, with a flashing light on the dashboard; and you glanced in your rearview mirror, would you be certain it was not an actual LE cruiser?

..and the possibility of him using the car in a dark area to pull over unsuspecting female drivers doesn't count as a sneak attack?

Bessie isn't claiming fact that he actually did this, only brainstorming it as a possibility.

We know what he did out in public. It's his spare time and out of the public's eye that we're worried about.

...Neighbor BF hated that car. Not because it was an eyesore in Sunny Slope, the small, humble community in the outskirts of Phoenix with the dramatic backdrop of the camel-back humps of the North Mountains.

Rather, it was because the car so closely resembled a police cruiser, and it was always parked prominently, right in front of the house on Mountain View Road.

“I would drive by it everyday,” BF grumbled. “You had to look at it. And you slowed down because you thought it was a police car."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/01/west_shore_womans_alleged_kill.html

I wonder if he lived in this house or near this house back in 1992. This house is right down the block from Fry's Supermarket. It was a Smitty's Supermarket in 1992 when a young girl disappeared on May 26th 1992, Brandy Myers (just 6 months before the murder of Angela Brosso). Myers was last seen at approximately 8:00 PM on May 26, 1992 in Phoenix, Arizona. She was on the corner of 10th Street and Hatcher Street at the time with a friend. They were collecting money for a school fundraiser. Myers' friend went inside Smitty's grocery store for a moment while Myers waited in the business' parking lot. Her friend returned outside and saw that Myers had disappeared. She has never been seen again.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/769128/1

Brandy was in my class, and was a friend. She's the reason I got into all of this (missing/uid/etc). His current residence is right near what is now Fry's, but where he lived at the time, near the canal on cactus, isn't as close.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Thread for Brandy Myers here.
[h=1]AZ - Brandy Myers, 13, Phoenix, 26 May 1992[/h]

At 2:23 mins in the video linked below they say investigators are looking at BPM in the disappearance of Brandy Myers.

http://www.azfamily.com/video?video=5480a6d7b82253c793a1ded5413485e720c4dea0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back