AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How long was she in the area where her car was located? Did people offer her assistance after her tires were flat? I assumed it was before her tires were flat. Do we know what day the car was first seen with flat tires?

I am assuming that her tires were flat when she stopped her car. What else can we assume?

Surely she didn't drive very far with two flat tires?

I mean, she could still have driven on a relatively straight road for some miles - but seems to have been on Service Road 6 long enough for at least some parties to ask if she needed help. The hunters noticed her car going in - and then I think it was either later the same day or within 24 hours, they noticed the car still there on their way out. By their second sighting, she was gone (leaving quite a bit of stuff in her car, taking a lot with her).

I don't think she parked her car and then her tires randomly went flat on one side, IOW.

Could the bearded dragon have a chip in it like we put in our dogs to find them when they're lost? Perhaps someone she was afraid of could track her that way? MOO
Or her current location could be identified.

It’s possible to microchip a bearded dragon, but I don’t think it’s done very often. With the smaller pets, it can be harder and riskier to place (less body mass); they had to insert my bird’s chip into his chest muscle. (I also have reptiles and have never had them chipped.)

It’s unlikely that she was afraid of having her location tracked via microchip, because pet microchips are passive. You can scan the animal itself with a device to get the chip information, but they aren’t like GPS chips that provide a signal you can use to track someone/a pet from afar.

MOO

Wanted to re post a few articles that say the two flat tires were both on the right side, <modsnip>

On Oct. 4, her parents reported her missing, and on Oct. 5, hunters in the same rural area found her abandoned Ford Focus SUV in the middle of a dirt road with flat tires on the right side.

After Grimm’s concerned parents reported her missing on Oct. 4, her SUV was located in a rural area in the Ashfork area with two flat tires, both on the righthand side of the vehicle, according to Arizona’s Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what kind of distance she could've driven with two tires punctured likely by the same hazard.

Did she accept a ride, believing she'd return shortly with a tow truck?
I think if she drove any distance at all her wheels would be all chewed up.

I almost think it's possible she stepped out of the car to talk to someone -leaving everything behind- and was abducted, but taken as a whole the scenario feels like she walked away willingly. If I were gambling, I'd put my money on her remains being within five miles of her car, and the lizard being alive and doing fairly well right near by (although likely never seen again).

I almost think it's possible she stepped out of the car to talk to someone -leaving everything behind- and was abducted, but taken as a whole the scenario feels like she walked away willingly. If I were gambling, I'd put my money on her remains being within five miles of her car, and the lizard being alive and doing fairly well right near by (although likely never seen again).
I thought she was filmed in a motel after she abandoned the car?

Im just reviewing.

Snipped..

...Here’s the timeline of her disappearance:

September 24: Chelsea left her home in San Diego

September 27: Chelsea met with a friend in Phoenix

September 27: Chelsea was seen at hotel in Seligman

September 27: Last day Chelsea talked with her parents

September 28: Body camera footage shows Chelsea talking with a police officer in Williams, Arizona

September 30: Chelsea talked with a woodcutter in Ash Fork, Arizona

October 4: Parents file missing person’s report

October 5: Authorities find Chelsea’s SUV outside Ash Fork, Arizona

ETA:

Snipped...
...The body camera video is nine minutes long. In it, the officer asks Grimm if she uses marijuana. She admitted to smoking it hours before. Police say the patrol officer didn’t feel she was disoriented and safe to drive.

Her car registration was about to expire, and he warned her to update it.

Driscoll says ex-boyfriends have been ruled out in her disappearance. The sheriff also says her family told them she struggled sometimes with mental health but nothing definitive.

I've never heard this! Do you have a link?
Bringing forward this excellent timeline by @tarabull.

Jmo

It's possible, about the beardie. Arizona climate is probably closest you're going to get to many parts of Australia where beardies come from. Most of the USA gets too cold in the winters, they'd go into a sleep state and never wake up, but looks like Arizona is similar to where I am in Sydney. So long as it can find safe stuff for it to eat, and not get eaten by predators it isn't used to avoiding, and stays off the roads, it may live for some time. Arizona certainly has more than enough sun for it to be able to digest its food and keep its blood warm. (Insight - I don't have a beardie, I have a blue tongue, but I like reptiles.)

MOO

I don't think so. It was before. She was last seen near her car, which she then abandons.

Motel incident was either in Williams or Seligman. I believe it was Seligman. Then she went to Ash Fork.

And I think the cemetery incident was near Williams - so she was generally traveling east, again, at that point. She had to travel west from Phoenix to get to Williams.

Now, I'm confused. She was reported missing on Oct. 4 and her car was found the next day on Oct. 5. The timeline doesn't show anything about a motel after that?
Most of the USA gets too cold in the winters, they'd go into a sleep state and never wake up, but looks like Arizona is similar to where I am in Sydney.
The area around Ash Fork will get cold. If it won't be able to awaken from brumation it won't survive. :(

The area around Ash Fork will get cold. If it won't be able to awaken from brumation it won't survive. :(
That is sad, then, but a kinder death than most wild animals experience. They literally do just fall asleep. It won't suffer.

EDIT: I'm looking at Google and it's saying temps between low -2c and high 13 c in winter in Ash Fork, that should be okay? I lived somewhere that a few times a year got to -4c or once or twice -6c, and we had beardies in our bushlands. I mostly saw the smaller varieties like jacky lizards, but they were there.

MOO

Just to be clear, the timeline has been provided by www.fox5sandiego.com <<< Thanks to them for a starting point. (ETA: can we expand on it??? At this point, what do we consider verified 411???)

ETA2: source for timeline

So, to recap. She's seen first in Seligman, which is WEST of Ash Fork. That's the night after she sees her friend in Phoenix and Seligman is on the way back home (west). Sept 27th.

Next time she's seen, she's moving further EAST and is in Williams (LE bodycam footage). Williams is nearer to Grand Canyon and Flagstaff. It's a larger town than Ash Fork. That's on the 28th. So returning to the idea of heading east.

On the 30th (so two days later) her car is spotted north of Ash Fork. Which is WEST of Williams - so back toward home again. She speaks to a woodcutter (who came forward and gave info to LE AFAIK).

These movements are confusing and shows either a confused or indecisive person. Where is she sleeping during these nights? Car camping? What happens between the 28th and the 30th??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose
Back