Identified! AZ - Clarkdale, LIVING Male Amnesiac, Jun'09 - James Steven Inocencio

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Julessleuther and dreamweaver, thanks for the efforts and congratulations on helping James get back to his family. Prayers that all goes well for James.

Dreamweaver et al,

Getting on my soapbox here:

When James and other living persons are reported missing and added to a database such as the Texas clearing house, is there a BOLO issued for them, or is that just the movies. If so, would Prescott/Yavapai County police have received one or would it have only applied to Texas? Also, now that he has been identified, I am curious to know what led him to the point where he was found, specifically, next to the Verde River with stab wounds. Were the wounds supreficial? Why did Yavapai LE not consider this a criminal matter and just dropped the ball on this? What if he did not stab himself and was dropped there by someone else who stabbed him and left him for dead. There was no knive found (it may have fallen in the river, but LE did not attempt to find it?) I am so mad at Yavapai LE for dropping the ball on this. They could have discovered who he was monthes ago and gotten this resolved, but they just did not care. Nice...

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here as I'm pretty sure I remember this. It said the missing persons bulletin was issued to neighboring states, so my assumption is AZ would have gotten it.

I feel James will be coming here once he gets settled.
I anticipate him joining and sending us a message.

Dreamweaver et al,

When James and other living persons are reported missing and added to a database such as the Texas clearing house, is there a BOLO issued for them, or is that just the movies. If so, would Prescott/Yavapai County police have received one or would it have only applied to Texas? Also, now that he has been identified, I am curious to know what led him to the point where he was found, specifically, next to the Verde River with stab wounds. Were the wounds supreficial? Why did Yavapai LE not consider this a criminal matter and just dropped the ball on this? What if he did not stab himself and was dropped there by someone else who stabbed him and left him for dead. There was no knive found (it may have fallen in the river, but LE did not attempt to find it?) I am so mad at Yavapai LE for dropping the ball on this. They could have discovered who he was monthes ago and gotten this resolved, but they just did not care. Nice...

IMO:
I do not think Yavapai County dropped the ball.
I think they cared very much about finding Juan Doe's identity.
They did an extensive investigation.
Once Juan was found, the area nearby was searched.
The detective told me that on the day after,
he went by 4 wheel drive across the Verde River
looking for any signs of a camping area.
Many campers were questioned.
There was a search for the red car Juan was said to have driven there.
He also said that the culvert and the river both were searched for the knife.

All Juan's wounds were consistent with slashes meant to harm himself.
Juan himself said he tried to do so.

Juan's initial memory of the car crash that killed his wife and 2 children
was checked out by the police. They found no car accident like that.
The media unit of Yavapai Sheriff County sent out information about Juan's situation to surrounding states and many police departments.
His fingerprints were ran, no match in any system.
No such car accident was discovered by them.

There was no evidence that Juan had committed a crime or been the victim of a crime.
Once he was admitted to counseling center, he was receiving
very good care.

Please note: Per TX detective, family did not want Juan/James reported as missing at first, in order to give him some time to himself and maybe he would just come on home.

Please note: Per TX detective, family did not want Juan/James reported as missing at first, in order to give him some time to himself and maybe he would just come on home.

I wondered if this was the case.
I felt that had it been sent out in the beginning when he was found they probably would have ID'd him.

Any clue how long they waited to report him missing?

Adults do take off. Some have to get away to clear their head. It very well could be common for James.

Ok, I apologize then. Thank you Dream!

IMO:
I do not think Yavapai County dropped the ball.
I think they cared very much about finding Juan Doe's identity.
They did an extensive investigation.
Once Juan was found, the area nearby was searched.
The detective told me that on the day after,
he went by 4 wheel drive across the Verde River
looking for any signs of a camping area.
Many campers were questioned.
There was a search for the red car Juan was said to have driven there.
He also said that the culvert and the river both were searched for the knife.

All Juan's wounds were consistent with slashes meant to harm himself.
Juan himself said he tried to do so.

Juan's initial memory of the car crash that killed his wife and 2 children
was checked out by the police. They found no car accident like that.
The media unit of Yavapai Sheriff County sent out information about Juan's situation to surrounding states and many police departments.
His fingerprints were ran, no match in any system.
No such car accident was discovered by them.

There was no evidence that Juan had committed a crime or been the victim of a crime.
Once he was admitted to counseling center, he was receiving
very good care.

AH guys...I think I found him:

Age right
Height right
Heart surgery right
Hair, eye color right
Birthdate is pretty close
Juans hair color is grey, but perhaps the photo that TX state has is older.

:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M7/15/20093:08:09PM'

No info on family but I did find a facebook for a Jame Inocencio in Dallas, and there is a Tricia under his friends list.

Wow... You're awesome! I take it this is the guy without memory?
I couldn't see it myself *slaps self* Great work, well done, let's all hope this man can find some peace and hope in everything he does from now on:angel:

:blowkiss:

It's so great to be a part of WS!!! To know the great people of this site love and care so much for others that they don't even know.
You have changed this man's life and the lives of his family forever.

You should be proud.

Thank You So Much Dream and Julessleuther!

:clap: :woohoo: :clap:

You both are amazing in my book...thanks for all that you do here at WS's, for the missing & their families too!

:clap: :woohoo: :clap:

:angel:

Wow. Dreamweaver and Julessleuther - you rock. And so do others that helped in this case. It is so nice to read good news and also to see how you all did this.

You guys!!! SpecKK-tacular...lol. How wonderful to give so much of yourselves and just the little boost I need to put me back on track with a few of the cases here. Amazing. Great things can be accomplished when you don't give up! Thank you!

Dreamweaver et al,

During Jody Kings case, boy did I learn a whole lot about BOLO's, lol. Capoly can weigh in as well. What we found out is that a teletype or ticker creates the BOLO which then prints, has to be copied and handed out to all shifts each and everyday.

Nuff said. And I am not trying to offend LE-I think it is an antiquated system-I think BOLO's at the minimum should be triaged...but it is easy for me to say!!

Excellent,excellent job Dreamweaver and Julessleuther!!!
You both rock big time!!!:woohoo:

Dreamweaver and Julessleuther - What a wonderful gift you have given to John and his family!!!

Speaking from personal experience, words cannot express the joy it would bring to be reunited with a beloved family member. John may never have recovered his identity; your efforts could very well have saved his family from years of searching, grieving, hoping...and the inevitable recriminations with the realization that he had truly needed their help. The pain and heartache from this kind of loss lives with you forever, at least it does for me.

I especially want to thank you for believing in John. Rather than pass judgment on his strange appearance and conflicting statements, you focused on objectively sleuthing the facts of his case, until solved! The kindness, dedication and respect you have shown in helping a complete stranger is very encouraging to me. I have a little more hope, now, that somewhere in the world, someone like you is helping my sister.

PS I'm a newbie, thanks for showing me what great sleuthing looks like!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back