Identified! AZ - Clarkdale, LIVING Male Amnesiac, Jun'09 - James Steven Inocencio

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brief update:
I did have an hour long phone conversation with Juan Doe and his counselor this morning.

I am writing up all my notes.
But I will post
some information now: All information is from Juan Doe himself or his counselor.
He does want help with his identity.

Medical: Juan says
Heart surgery:
Feels had by pass surgery, has a
6 – 7 inch scar on chest and
3 scars on legs, 2 on left leg, 1 on right leg, feels this is for bypass.
Doctors felt this was a bypass surgery about 1 to 2 years ago.
Old scar is noticeable in left eyebrow, 1 ½ inch long, left to right.
Health now is good, only has high blood pressure.

Family:
Does think the car accident happened about a year ago, where his wife and two daughters were killed.
Wife was driving a grayish blue Dodge caravan, maybe 3 to 4 years old.
Thinks it was not in NM, but maybe TX.

Family;
Wife’s name : Juana
Children : Trish and Sylvia, both in grade school.
Mom died about 10 to 15 years ago.
No memory of dad.
No siblings.
Feels mom was in military or a civil servant, as he moved a lot as a kid.
Says he does not think anyone will miss him, no family, no co workers, no friends.
When asked why no friends, he said, ‘ feel strongly that friendship is overused and abused.’
Home:
He feels he could have lived in OK.
Memories of his house with wife and children
It is made of brick, reddish or brownish in color.
Two story house with two trees in the yard. He was in the process of buying the house, it was not new.
Why he left home:
It was around June 20, 21, he says that he was home and kept hearing the sounds of his children. He kept hearing their voices all the time.
He finally just decided to leave. He took a back pack and drove. He says he had no destination. He might have stopped for gas or to sleep. He thinks he drove for 2 days.
He says he continued to hear his children’s voices.
He thinks he left his car in a large parking lot, like a Walmart or Target, in AZ.
The car he thinks he was driving:
in his words, a 10 year old ‘beater’ car, A Ford Taurus, white with primer spots. After parking the car, he took off walking and hitchhiking.
He had no plans of going to Cottonwood, AZ.
He does think he camped near the Verde River.
He continued to hear the voices of his children and that is why, in a fit of despair, he tried to kill himself.
He was found by police, caked in mud, with knife slashes on his wrists and chest and right below the elbows.

He says when he first saw himself, he thought, I am Mexican with some Indian.
He hopes that is true, that he is Mexican.
He likes all things Scottish, like the Celtic music, his Celtic cross tattoo,
He says his tattoo means honor.
But does not think his last name is Scottish. He said, ‘like McAlester’,
When I said McAlester is a town in OK. He said, ‘yes, that’s right.’
I said, ‘do you think you might be from McAlester?’ He said, ‘no, I don’t think so, it does not bring back a memory.
lot more details later:

Great info!

For those of you not familiar with AZ, Cottonwood is a small community about 1 1/2 north of Phoenix. ALot of retired people live there, and it is near Jerome, which 100 yrs ago was one of the biggest copper producing mines in the country. There is a Walmart Super Center in Cottonwood--he would have walked approx 5-9 miles to where he was found. The nearest Target is in Prescott Valley, which is also 8-10 miles from where he was found. I wonder why police did not followup on impounded vehicles in the area.

Dreamweaver, thanks for the update. How sad that he lost his wife and 2 daughters and that hearing his girls was the reason for his leaving...I have to believe that was his wanting to be with them. I pray he'll find peace in their memories together and courage to carry on here to tell people about them.

Brief update:
I did have an hour long phone conversation with Juan Doe and his counselor this morning.

I am writing up all my notes.
But I will post
some information now: All information is from Juan Doe himself or his counselor.
He does want help with his identity.

Medical: Juan says
Heart surgery:
Feels had by pass surgery, has a
6 – 7 inch scar on chest and
3 scars on legs, 2 on left leg, 1 on right leg, feels this is for bypass.
Doctors felt this was a bypass surgery about 1 to 2 years ago.
Old scar is noticeable in left eyebrow, 1 ½ inch long, left to right.
Health now is good, only has high blood pressure.

Family:
Does think the car accident happened about a year ago, where his wife and two daughters were killed.
Wife was driving a grayish blue Dodge caravan, maybe 3 to 4 years old.
Thinks it was not in NM, but maybe TX.

Family;
Wife’s name : Juana
Children : Trish and Sylvia, both in grade school.
Mom died about 10 to 15 years ago.
No memory of dad.
No siblings.
Feels mom was in military or a civil servant, as he moved a lot as a kid.
Says he does not think anyone will miss him, no family, no co workers, no friends.
When asked why no friends, he said, ‘ feel strongly that friendship is overused and abused.’
Home:
He feels he could have lived in OK.
Memories of his house with wife and children
It is made of brick, reddish or brownish in color.
Two story house with two trees in the yard. He was in the process of buying the house, it was not new.
Why he left home:
It was around June 20, 21, he says that he was home and kept hearing the sounds of his children. He kept hearing their voices all the time.
He finally just decided to leave. He took a back pack and drove. He says he had no destination. He might have stopped for gas or to sleep. He thinks he drove for 2 days.
He says he continued to hear his children’s voices.
He thinks he left his car in a large parking lot, like a Walmart or Target, in AZ.
The car he thinks he was driving:
in his words, a 10 year old ‘beater’ car, A Ford Taurus, white with primer spots. After parking the car, he took off walking and hitchhiking.
He had no plans of going to Cottonwood, AZ.
He does think he camped near the Verde River.
He continued to hear the voices of his children and that is why, in a fit of despair, he tried to kill himself.
He was found by police, caked in mud, with knife slashes on his wrists and chest and right below the elbows.

He says when he first saw himself, he thought, I am Mexican with some Indian.
He hopes that is true, that he is Mexican.
He likes all things Scottish, like the Celtic music, his Celtic cross tattoo,
He says his tattoo means honor.
But does not think his last name is Scottish. He said, ‘like McAlester’,
When I said McAlester is a town in OK. He said, ‘yes, that’s right.’
I said, ‘do you think you might be from McAlester?’ He said, ‘no, I don’t think so, it does not bring back a memory.
lot more details later:

Thanks so much for all the hard work dreamweaver and all! I feel so bad for this man, so much tragedy. Nothing will ever erase the pain. Maybe he'll be able to find some answers and peace and bring some closure.
:>)

I'll start searching the SSDI for possible Juanas.

Search criteria:
Juana
Texas
New Mexico
Oklahoma
born 1950-1970
died 2008 or 2009
possibly died in may or june

I've found 13 possible Juanas in the SSDI, all in Texas. There were none in OK fitting my starting criteria, and in New Mexico I widened my search span and went back to 2000. I still found only one possible Juana in NM, and was able to rule her out after a little google work.

I'll start working on checking out the 13 possibles.

If nothing turns up there, then it will be time to revisit the search criteria.

Found this:

http://www.redrocknews.com/News/who-is-this-man.html

Ok--a few things I get from the article...The article says he was found July 23rd. He was found around the 25th of June I thought. Also, it states that he thinks his family died in March (making it appear this year). Dream...are you the person from Oregon?
=====================================

Julessleuther:
He was found June 25th.
As for dates his family died, the time period has changed.
Yesterday, he said last year was probably when the accident happened.

And yes, I am the person from Oregon.

Yes, gonna give a link as I don't want copyright issues..

Tattoo

Link to article with tattoo

You are funny.:crazy:

Any tat experts out there-i think this is a neverending cross with trinity knots and that this is considered to be a medallion. I dont think it is prison art and it is hard for me to tell how old it is, although the ink is pretty blue.

Anyway-it can represent eternal life as well as God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit...or it is something you might get if three of your family members just died.

Any tat experts out there-i think this is a neverending cross with trinity knots and that this is considered to be a medallion. I dont think it is prison art and it is hard for me to tell how old it is, although the ink is pretty blue.

Anyway-it can represent eternal life as well as God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit...or it is something you might get if three of your family members just died.

I'll send the gal that does my ink an email but cant promise she'll reply any time soon as she isn't online much.

Comparing his to mine; I don't think it's new (as in this year) but I don't think it's that old. I say this because it doesn't appear to be a clear, sharp picture. Look at his skin & the orange shirt, looks like a haze to me.

=================================================
Juan Doe says that the cross means 'honor' to him.

just a note:
Juan Doe speaks very intelligently. He has a sense of humor.
When I asked him, if he had a favorite meal, he said, ' one I'm not called late for.'

it's a Celtic cross--there are several variations. definitely a professional tattoo, not handmade & agree about the age: not old, but not brand new.

Juan Doe:
He loves to read. He says his favorite novels are science fiction, but
likes the authors Tom Clancy, John Grisham.
He also likes the classics, has read The Iliad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliad
ot: my favorite thing to do is read and i read very fast, but i have not read the iliad.

He goes to the local library with a friend. He cannot
check out any books on his own, as he has no identification.
His friend checks books out for him.

He knows the capital of every state and knows a lot about geography of every state.
I asked him if he knew the geography of Oregon.
He immediately said, there is a range of mountains in the eastern part.
ot: not many people know about the wallowa mountains of eastern oregon.

I've ruled out two of my 13 possible Juanas. More might be able to be ruled out through checking obits. on Legacy.com, however, they charge an archive fee to view full listings, and I haven't exhausted other search avenues yet. If anyone has corporate access though, and would like my list, I'll happily post it.

Dream, how comfortable are we with Juan's apparent age? If he's really younger, I need to revisit the birth date ranges I'm using in my search. In your report he seems pretty certain about his birthdate.

Any sense of his age dream? Do you think he is older/younger/equivalent to 45-50? Does he speak any foreign languages or read in them?

Juan Doe:
He feels he graduated high school 1977/1978. He does not know where.
He does not think he met Juana there. But he does not know where he met her.
He says he went to college, but did not graduate.

He says he is not Catholic, that he cannot make the sign of the cross.
But he says he is religious and feels he went to church occasionally.

He does not have access to a computer. When I asked about
computer use at the library, his counselor said that the friend he goes with is always in a big hurry to leave.
He says he watches tv once in awhile. The channel that comes in the best is a CBS channel.

He says his favorite color is yellow. He just likes it.
He says his internal clock is set to CST.

Just recently he said, he remembered a name. It is a friend's name, he thinks.
Maybe a high school buddy. The name is Gary Zimmerman.

I've ruled out two of my 13 possible Juanas. More might be able to be ruled out through checking obits. on Legacy.com, however, they charge an archive fee to view full listings, and I haven't exhausted other search avenues yet. If anyone has corporate access though, and would like my list, I'll happily post it.

Dream, how comfortable are we with Juan's apparent age? If he's really younger, I need to revisit the birth date ranges I'm using in my search. In your report he seems pretty certain about his birthdate.

My bold-jinx buy ya a coke...I typed that same question at the same time you were typing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back