AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just listened to a very detailed interview with Daniel’s father.
My impression from listening to Mr. Robinson’s own words is that the Buckeye PD investigation looks better on paper than it actually was or is.

Have you read all of the police report yourself? Mr. Robinson has a tendency to misrepresent facts including witness statements to push the narrative there must have been a crime. Even though no evidence has been found to suggest that. The latest account of dogs hitting on trees? From what I've read they were just trained to find human scent...and other people are working in the desert. As you can't give a link. What specifically does he reference as evidence as a crime? As I'm sure it's been debunked, and he is in denial.

I feel sorry for him. He seems a bit naive and either can't understand what's in it or simply refuses to accept it. Sometimes logical decisions can't be assigned to someone who isn't acting logically.

I feel sorry for Daniel. While no doubt his father is struggling... He has let people close to him that take advantage of his gullibility and craft a narrative to suit their own purposes. Daniel seems to have been forgotten in all the LE blaming.

I've also learned through all of this that the desert is vast and treacherous and one shouldn't drive off road in it. Even the PI hired by his father gave as a theory he may have smoked a PCP laced marijuana joint...the PI who is privy to more info than us...even knows that Daniel was struggling.

Last edited:
So a lot has been happening due to David's True Crime Podcasts. Got some interesting info to share. But first I made a video. It's a walk though of the area, the wreck site and some commentary. I hope it helps all to see what we've been up against. Below the link to the video; I make two key points that I was not able to fold into the video yet (but I am working on a revised version).

Daniel Crash Scene.mp4

#1 At 6:20 mark I use the term "presumed sighting of Daniel" by "Bill". Bill is the shooter that saw Daniel that day. A very helpful person shared with me Bill H's. first public comment on a You Tube video in which he indicates the sighting and that he is waiting for Buckeye to get back to him. A screen shot of this post is attached. Please note the following:
A) He indicates that he takes a gun with him when he goes out to the area, not because of the wildlife, but because of the people that live out there. As you can see in the video no one really lives within 5 miles. But more importantly, if he HAD been out there before;
B) Why does he only refer to "Daggs Wash" as a reference point? That wash drains the west side into the Hassayampa. The label is routinely placed by Google Maps right over the Hassayampa River and the Hassayampa River is never labeled.
C) He is not aware he is in Wagner Wash to the east, when he says he saw Daniel 1/3 of the way to the Northeast face of Kofa.
D) Kofa? KOFA is shorthand for King of Arizona (Mine) Mountians/Wilderness area. It is 60 miles to the west near Quartzite, AZ.
E) Bill H. is a long term west valley resident who clearly knows the White Tanks lay west of his house.
F) Last but not least 2:30pm estimated time.
G) Buckeye had not gotten back in touch with him. He indicates he will try to contact the organizer of the Go Fund Me page and get in contact with the PI [McGrath] later that day.

By the time he was official interviewed by LE (date unknown) the story morphed into 11-11:30 am in Wagner Wash. Based on our search concentration, IMO he then indicated the spot in the video or potentially further upstream toward the well site in that interview. I assume he became familiar that it was Wagner Wash.

He also has a colorful past but I want to just focus on the number of misstatements and how as data became available, or his story was shared with others, the narrative changed.

#2 at the 19:30 mark it should be noted that San Tan Accident Reconstruction company hired by Buckeye PD to look at the wreck scene has implied yet another theory. They indicate that the vehicle could have struck the ravine, airbags deploy, and fuel system shuts off BUT does not roll. Daniel then tries 40+ times before successfully restarting the car. But when he attempts to drive on up the north side, due to gravity and the angle of the wheels, he then rolls to the left and ends up in the resting position.

In both scenarios, whether all one event or split, the airbags would be deflating immediately after the initial impact, offering little protection from the driver side pillar and the roof.

I am reattaching an active link to my spreadsheet of driving distances and timeline.

Driving Distances1

I hope this all works and can be viewed. DM me if not.

Attachments

• Biil Hayes original TIP highlighted.jpg
    Biil Hayes original TIP highlighted.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
So a lot has been happening over on Twitter and other platform's due to David's True Crime Podcasts. Got some interesting info to share.

I'm so glad you brought this up, b/c I've been following those threads but didn't know if I could mention BH on here. This is a lot to digest...right now I'm hung up on he clearly stated he saw him at his jeep at 2:30PM...after the airbags would have already deployed. Dad has somehow morphed this into him being seen that morning before work. o_O

I'm so glad you brought this up, b/c I've been following those threads but didn't know if I could mention BH on here. This is a lot to digest...right now I'm hung up on he clearly stated he saw him at his jeep at 2:30PM...after the airbags would have already deployed. Dad has somehow morphed this into him being seen that morning before work. o_O
Not sure if David had a hand at all. Bill on his own may have started re-forming the narrative. But I did notice in the comment he indicated he was going to get in touch with PI since Buckeye had not gotten back to him. And they didn't get back to me timely on a tip I had.

Last edited:
Despite all the buzz....we still are no closer to finding Daniel. And that is a shame.

David refuses to offer details and info that could either increase the likelihood he may have gone off on his own or solidified an all out extensive desert search. Still no dogs in extended areas downstream, no professional search teams hired, no horses. But a comment on Grizzley True Crime about increase the reward to 100k based on attorney advise?!?!?

So a lot has been happening due to David's True Crime Podcasts. Got some interesting info to share. But first I made a video. It's a walk though of the area, the wreck site and some commentary. I hope it helps all to see what we've been up against. Below the link to the video; I make two key points that I was not able to fold into the video yet (but I am working on a revised version).

Daniel Crash Scene.mp4

#1 At 6:20 mark I use the term "presumed sighting of Daniel" by "Bill". Bill is the shooter that saw Daniel that day. A very helpful person shared with me Bill H's. first public comment on a You Tube video in which he indicates the sighting and that he is waiting for Buckeye to get back to him. A screen shot of this post is attached. Please note the following:
A) He indicates that he takes a gun with him when he goes out to the area, not because of the wildlife, but because of the people that live out there. As you can see in the video no one really lives within 5 miles. But more importantly, if he HAD been out there before;
B) Why does he only refer to "Daggs Wash" as a reference point? That wash drains the west side into the Hassayampa. The label is routinely placed by Google Maps right over the Hassayampa River and the Hassayampa River is never labeled.
C) He is not aware he is in Wagner Wash to the east, when he says he saw Daniel 1/3 of the way to the Northeast face of Kofa.
D) Kofa? KOFA is shorthand for King of Arizona (Mine) Mountians/Wilderness area. It is 60 miles to the west near Quartzite, AZ.
E) Bill H. is a long term west valley resident who clearly knows the White Tanks lay west of his house.
F) Last but not least 2:30pm estimated time.
G) Buckeye had not gotten back in touch with him. He indicates he will try to contact the organizer of the Go Fund Me page and get in contact with the PI [McGrath] later that day.

By the time he was official interviewed by LE (date unknown) the story morphed into 11-11:30 am in Wagner Wash. Based on our search concentration, IMO he then indicated the spot in the video or potentially further upstream toward the well site in that interview. I assume he became familiar that it was Wagner Wash.

He also has a colorful past but I want to just focus on the number of misstatements and how as data became available, or his story was shared with others, the narrative changed.

#2 at the 19:30 mark it should be noted that San Tan Accident Reconstruction company hired by Buckeye PD to look at the wreck scene has implied yet another theory. They indicate that the vehicle could have struck the ravine, airbags deploy, and fuel system shuts off BUT does not roll. Daniel then tries 40+ times before successfully restarting the car. But when he attempts to drive on up the north side, due to gravity and the angle of the wheels, he then rolls to the left and ends up in the resting position.

In both scenarios, whether all one event or split, the airbags would be deflating immediately after the initial impact, offering little protection from the driver side pillar and the roof.

I am reattaching an active link to my spreadsheet of driving distances and timeline.

Driving Distances1

I hope this all works and can be viewed. DM me if not.
Update: Please ignore all sighting commentary by Bill H. in the video and the post. I talked to the former search coordinator who actually spoke and rode around with Bill. I also found some maps Bill provided publicly of his route. He did not see him in Wagner Wash, it was twice in the Hassayampa (that he indicates as Daggs Wash because as I stated it always comes up on the map that way). He mistook the Belmont Mts. to the west as Kofa not the White Tanks. The time estimate is still confusing though. I will update as I weed through and get more specific idea of Bill's route.

He did not see him in Wagner Wash, it was twice in the Hassayampa (that he indicates as Daggs Wash because as I stated it always comes up on the map that way). He mistook the Belmont Mts. to the west as Kofa not the White Tanks. The time estimate is still confusing though. I will update as I weed through and get more specific idea of Bill's route.

Thank you JJ Ray so much for your video! I went through it twice trying to get familiarized with the terrain. With the clarification on what BH said here's the map I get in Google when pulling up Belmont Mountains and Daggs Wash. wash.jpg

If BH saw him at 11-ish that would make him last known person to see him...and map is showing me much of that area to West of what is labelled "Daggs Wash" is Maricopa County...not Buckeye. Unless the time changed to before the well...which seems like it would have been a false sighting then due to not enough time and not matching mileage.

Wondering if Maricopa has been involved?

Last edited:
Thank you JJ Ray so much for your video! I went through it twice trying to get familiarized with the terrain. With the clarification on what BH said here's the map I get in Google when pulling up Belmont Mountains and Daggs Wash. View attachment 328232

If BH saw him at 11-ish that would make him last known person to see him...and map is showing me much of that area to West of what is labelled "Daggs Wash" is Maricopa County...not Buckeye. Unless the time changed to before the well...which seems like it would have been a false sighting then due to not enough time and not matching mileage.

Wondering if Maricopa has been involved?
Yes. On one of the searches Buckeye did right when finding vehicle. July 19-20. WE also had on volunteer searches some of the posse members. I attempted to convince David to reach out to the Community Liason Officer in the County Sheriff's Office to actually get the entire posse involved. I offered to help facilitate, playing the "news media" card for Sheriff face-time. David did not reply. At a later date he said he did try but it was a "volunteer" organization and they didn't pan out. But that is why I offered to actual hit the C-Suite. Shook my head and went on being a loyal foot soldier...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. On one of the searches Buckeye did right when finding vehicle. July 19-20. WE also had on volunteer searches some of the posse members. I attempted to convince David to reach out to the Community Liason Officer in the County Sheriff's Office to actually get the entire posse involved. I offered to help facilitate, playing the "news media" card for Sheriff face-time. David did not reply. At a later date he said he did try but it was a "volunteer" organization and they didn't pan out. But that is why I offered to actual hit the C-Suite. Shook my head and went on being a loyal foot soldier...

Jeff if you could point me to any maps or info that would benefit the ground search team, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappearance of Daniel Robinson: Dimming hopes, mounting frustrations

To Note:
•“We’re saturating the homeless populations, the homeless communities in the valley,” said McGrath. “The reason being is if there was some type of a disorientation or head injury that could still be going on, and Daniel just doesn’t really know who he is.”

•Robinson’s keys and wallet were still inside the Jeep and his clothing was found in a pile just outside the vehicle. McGrath believes that points to Robinson being disoriented, but he hasn’t ruled out foul play or the possibility of drugs being involved.

“And [drugs] would cause inhibitions to go away, possible risky behavior. He may have hit his head in an accident had some traumas and brain trauma … some swelling of the brain,” said McGrath.

So over on Twitter, David has indicated that Jeff McGrath is parting ways and he (David) will be looking for another PI to help. Evan Short will stay on as logistic Coordinator for the ground searches. Don't know status of Jim Archer who was just brought in and introduced at the Nov. Family Press Conference. Don't know about Jay Calhoun (attorney who was introduced in same video).

Jan. 8, 2022 search is on and a large push for Jan. 15th turnout with invites to PD , media, etc. is planned.

Saw story on Benjamin Anderson missing 12/31 from Phoenix & thought of Daniel. Not sure how much I am allowed to post here regarding another case so, just going to say some similarities. Could be coincidence yet wonder if these could be connected.
Not in the least. IMOO.
I dove in on Sunday and did a great deal on Monday before news broke of finding his body. Benjamin was dumped up in New River because car was pinged at Super 8 hotel at 9:30 New Years Eve and then some people IDed with car at 12:30 or so and car torched at 1:45am 1/1/22. Here is WS thread...
Found Deceased - AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

Despite all the buzz....we still are no closer to finding Daniel. And that is a shame.

David refuses to offer details and info that could either increase the likelihood he may have gone off on his own or solidified an all out extensive desert search. Still no dogs in extended areas downstream, no professional search teams hired, no horses. But a comment on Grizzley True Crime about increase the reward to 100k based on attorney advise?!?!?
Agreed. And at this point they should be able to share accurate search map, with times, and the vehicle telemetry unless there is a good reason for withholding same.

Agreed. And at this point they should be able to share accurate search map, with times, and the vehicle telemetry unless there is a good reason for withholding same.
I meant to tell you @capitola51 , there is no "telemetry" per se. Daniel never activated a UConnect account that does that level of monitoring. Even after Jeep allowed officers to create a new account the day after missing, it was unable to connect to vehicle. (exact date is in Buckeye PD report, may have been Friday).
The odometer readings and times came from data stored in the infotainment system. I have been unable to ascertain all the various actions that would trigger an entry into that system. This is different from EDR data stored in the Airbag Control Module which is confined to the events immediately proceeding crashes (I think you know this from your previous posts). Extraction of data in the infotainment system computer is relatively new (last 5 yrs IIRC). McGrath was able to use "I var" download interface to grab those odometer numbers.

IMO, that is why there is no specificity in the Buckeye PD report for those "lost hours". However, they (or McGrath) might have held back a couple of odometer readings. It's my understanding they could not indicate a location, however.

I meant to tell you @capitola51 , there is no "telemetry" per se.
The UConnect is not the telemetry I am talking about, I imagined most folk understood that, but to clarify I am suggesting that the Robinson family release the vehicle telemetry namely the CAN-bus data and the infotainment(LIN-bus) data.

I don’t want to plug up the thread with distracting and unnecessary detail, but briefly:

You can look up the CAN-bus (and from there the LIN-bus) descriptions at CAN bus - Wikipedia

A ‘bus’ is a network of wires that can carry information - to be technically accurate, a multi-master serial bus - between various modules on the vehicle that are each a small self contained computer. The modules send messages to each other just like we send messages to each other on the internet. If you want to get more into it this might be a good kickoff point: CAN Bus Explained - A Simple Intro [2021 | The #1 Tutorial]

The UConnect system is basically a high-power cellphone and helps with a lot of the navigation and infotainment, offers a wifi hot spot, satellite radio, and other fun stuff, plus vehicle location triangulation and theft detection - it does not offer time-based telemetry in the same way as the internal systems in the vehicle. Source Uconnect® System - For Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT®, Jeep® and Ram

If you need more help understanding how data gets into these systems, let me know.

If we could get hold of the vehicle data, it might be possible to set up an animation of how the vehicle got to its final resting place.

The UConnect is not the telemetry I am talking about, I imagined most folk understood that, but to clarify I am suggesting that the Robinson family release the vehicle telemetry namely the CAN-bus data and the infotainment(LIN-bus) data.

I don’t want to plug up the thread with distracting and unnecessary detail, but briefly:

You can look up the CAN-bus (and from there the LIN-bus) descriptions at CAN bus - Wikipedia

A ‘bus’ is a network of wires that can carry information - to be technically accurate, a multi-master serial bus - between various modules on the vehicle that are each a small self contained computer. The modules send messages to each other just like we send messages to each other on the internet. If you want to get more into it this might be a good kickoff point: CAN Bus Explained - A Simple Intro [2021 | The #1 Tutorial]

The UConnect system is basically a high-power cellphone and helps with a lot of the navigation and infotainment, offers a wifi hot spot, satellite radio, and other fun stuff, plus vehicle location triangulation and theft detection - it does not offer time-based telemetry in the same way as the internal systems in the vehicle. Source Uconnect® System - For Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT®, Jeep® and Ram

If you need more help understanding how data gets into these systems, let me know.

If we could get hold of the vehicle data, it might be possible to set up an animation of how the vehicle got to its final resting place.
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I am good.
Maybe you missed it but McGrath used "I ver" utility to export data points from the infotainment system (your serial bus). Most of the odometer readings on the day in question came from that download, not the EDR. I have not heard of any engine module recording GPS data, only add on's like Lo-Jack, Uconnect, On-Star, etc.

I do agree it would be nice to see McGraths whole data set from the infotainment system! Buckeye did not have that utility and so we only see what made it into Buckeye's PD report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back