AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to add from the link above that was shared by @JerseyGirl

Buckeye police assistant chief Bob Sanders had previously told CNN the department has followed up on every lead, interviewed co-workers, friends and relatives, and reviewed all evidence. Sanders said officers were working to give the family closure "one way or the other."
Since my posting on WS of the sighting in Sedona that I had attempted to share with Buckeye PD and eventually shared with Mr. Robinson and Mr. McGrath, I have been contacted by Det. Biffin.

My information on that sighting HAD NOT BEEN SHARED with Buckeye PD. Why not?

Or was it possible the gasoline was purchased for the work at the jobsite?

Which is why I asked earlier, with no disrespect intended to anyone who had already posted on the subject, whether we know precisely what their work tasks were at the well that morning.

Were they perhaps using a generator to power some other equipment? Or any sort of landscape tool, maybe one of their tasks was to maintain the area around the well? What kind of tool did they use to do any of their tasks, including taking samples from the well -- and how were those tools powered, if indeed they were powered?

I don't think it's likely that the one gallon gas purchase is related to what happened to DR, but if we're going to try to understand it anyway, these are my questions.
@WillieMac @AmandaSkis Might be a repeat for some....
There were no power tools, generators, any other gas powered equipment at the well site (either the first stop or the one where he meets Ken). There was no power equipment in his jeep. There is no mention of a can or gas container in the jeep. There's no mention in the report of him "stooping over" at Pump #4....

He had a "sounder" which is a battery powered small sonar device and a work laptop. Whether the readings are auto uploaded via bluetooth or an actual readout attached to the sounder I don't know. Perhaps google would know.

A single gallon of gas purchase only relates in that he more than likely was low on fuel. The evening before he took a bus to get his pancakes and it doesn't take much to figure out the $10.83 charge on 6/22/21 was for UBER back to his apt. WHY WOULDN'T HE DRIVE? So he starts Wednesday AM with little fuel, has to stop. But again, why be so skimpy on his fill up? He has credit cards....When he is driving around after leaving the well site the low fuel light HAS to come back on but he ignores. Why? Because he knows he's putting his Jeep in that ravine that day.

Last edited:
Out of the many curiousities of this case, I am also curious about:
—Why did Daniel buy just one gallon of gas at the Shell?
—Why did Daniel work a second job?

Was money tight? Was that a potential stressor for him?
He was building out a high end gaming system and conventional thought is that was the reason for extra job. But that could be a source of a little extra cash that may be harder to identify.

Family and BPD report is very thin on financials in general, only focusing on charges the last few days that could indicate where he might have been headed or contacts he may have had.

There were no power tools, generators, any other gas powered equipment at the well site (either the first stop or the one where he meets Ken). There was no power equipment in his jeep. There is no mention of a can or gas container in the jeep. There's no mention in the report of him "stooping over" at Pump #4....

He had a "sounder" which is a battery powered small sonar device and a work laptop. Whether the readings are auto uploaded via bluetooth or an actual readout attached to the sounder I don't know. Perhaps google would know.

A single gallon of gas purchase only relates in that he more than likely was low on fuel. The evening before he took a bus to get his pancakes and it doesn't take much to figure out the $10.83 charge on 6/22/21 was for UBER back to his apt. WHY WOULDN'T HE DRIVE? So he starts Wednesday AM with little fuel, has to stop. But again, why be so skimpy on his fill up? He has credit cards....When he is driving around after leaving the well site the low fuel light HAS to come back on but he ignores. Why? Because he knows he's putting his Jeep in that ravine that day.
Thanks for the followup reply. While I understand the points I believe you're stating here, this is a thought-train that I simply can not board. ...well, not in entirety or at face value. MOO & not at all trying to discount what you're stating. Simply saying that I can't bring myself to form the same conclusions from what I think I'm seeing be stated. But I do appreciate all that you're sharing and the perspectives you draw from the info that you've dug up!

Thanks for the followup reply. While I understand the points I believe you're stating here, this is a thought-train that I simply can not board. ...well, not in entirety or at face value. MOO & not at all trying to discount what you're stating. Simply saying that I can't bring myself to form the same conclusions from what I think I'm seeing be stated. But I do appreciate all that you're sharing and the perspectives you draw from the info that you've dug up!
Interested to know for my education what you are referring to when you say "conclusions from what I think I'm seeing be[ing] stated". For example, are you referring to something you've seen stated in media or in the Buckeye Report, or other? Or a synthesis of everything you've read?

Thanks so much BTW. It's these kinds of measured exchanges that lead to the most clarity!

I'd been considering he took the Uber back from the Waffle House because he was high and couldn't drive there.
Interesting!
(And I haven't been able to worm my way into knowing exactly what happened work-wise on the 22nd between breakfast with Roger and 4:00pm. Only that he texted Stephen his project boss twice, Katelyn once at 3:00 (final text) and Davisha at some point saying he had an emergency. I wonder with your theory that maybe he texted Steve and said he wasn't well and just blew off work altogether which then fits right in to getting high)
Love it.

Here is the equipment typically used to take groundwater well samples, I'm sure it varies between companies:
How Do I Sample A Monitoring Well?
I have asked before if there exists a list of the equipment in the jeep but it appears not, at least a public one, so how could we know what he had?
Maybe Ken asked for a gallon of gas for some equipment he had and wanted to use?
Did DR have a baler or powered hydraulic pump? If not, how would he purge the well before sampling?
We do know from the police report:
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf
page 39 that the breakfast with Roger on the day before that they went in DR's jeep and that Roger "described the dirt and tools in there that had to be moved to the back"
I'm also curious where we get the 'low on fuel' theory? This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.

Interested to know for my education what you are referring to when you say "conclusions from what I think I'm seeing be[ing] stated". For example, are you referring to something you've seen stated in media or in the Buckeye Report, or other? Or a synthesis of everything you've read?

Thanks so much BTW. It's these kinds of measured exchanges that lead to the most clarity!
It's not that there's anything in what you'd said that I feel is factually shown to be inaccurate. It's just that I don't know that I would draw the same conclusions. Most specifically may be the thought that he took a bus or called an Uber/Lyft because his jeep was low on gas. I can't argue with the conclusion you drew there, but I wouldn't necessarily arrive at the same place there. If he were low on gas I would think he'd be able to throw $5 in his jeep rather than spend $11 on a ride. And if part of the reason to get a ride were just convenience because he didn't feel like filling up, then it could be that the reason for getting a ride was that he simply didn't feel like driving - in which case it could have nothing to do with how full his tank was. Again, I can't at all say that you're drawing a wrong conclusion, it's just that my own thoughts don't take me there. Also, if his tank was that low, I can't get onboard with only putting that small of amount of gas in his jeep. ...not driving out into the desert & relying on barely enough to get himself there & back. I don't a better answer to provide either though so I'm not sure how to look at that piece of the puzzle just yet.

Here is the equipment typically used to take groundwater well samples, I'm sure it varies between companies:
How Do I Sample A Monitoring Well?
I have asked before if there exists a list of the equipment in the jeep but it appears not, at least a public one, so how could we know what he had?
Maybe Ken asked for a gallon of gas for some equipment he had and wanted to use?
Did DR have a baler or powered hydraulic pump? If not, how would he purge the well before sampling?
We do know from the police report:
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf
page 39 that the breakfast with Roger on the day before that they went in DR's jeep and that Roger "described the dirt and tools in there that had to be moved to the back"
I'm also curious where we get the 'low on fuel' theory? This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.
Low on fuel is JMO to explain only one gallon of gas being bought that AM. I have since found out Daniel didn't have much money in his accounts...so maybe it was just a penny pinching thing. But if that is the case, its reasonable to assume he was low on gas...
I am backing off the night before having anything to do with gas levels for the reasons @WillieMac and @TammyinVA states...
I was told they carry "sounders" ?? which i assume is a sonar based measuring device. (But Haven't had time to look that up or verify with anybody, so not sure )

The well they were "monitoring" is not a state Monitored Well. (The nearest one is actually fairly close to the wreck site). Not sure if they are required at this stage to do potability analysis but if so maybe Ken had some of that equipment. Good points!

I have since found out Daniel didn't have much money in his accounts...so maybe it was just a penny pinching thing.
Snipped for focus.
A junior hydrogeologist in Arizona can expect a salary of 30 to 45K/year
Source: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Hydrogeology&l=Arizona&vjk=ef33056adf9ad39f
Possible he was also paid the 56c/mile rate for using his own vehicle (don't know)
Instacart is quite a profitable side hustle and drivers keep 100% of the tips.
Source: How Much Can You Make A Week With Instacart? (2021) - Real Earnings
Rents in the Phoenix area are approx 1.2k/month to 2.5k/month
Source: Rental Listings in Arizona - 4,263 Rentals | Zillow
Possibly DR also had a car loan payment (don't know)
Are you able to share why you know and/or source for statement "didn't have much money in his accounts"?

Snipped for focus.
A junior hydrogeologist in Arizona can expect a salary of 30 to 45K/year
Source: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Hydrogeology&l=Arizona&vjk=ef33056adf9ad39f
Possible he was also paid the 56c/mile rate for using his own vehicle (don't know)
Instacart is quite a profitable side hustle and drivers keep 100% of the tips.
Source: How Much Can You Make A Week With Instacart? (2021) - Real Earnings
Rents in the Phoenix area are approx 1.2k/month to 2.5k/month
Source: Rental Listings in Arizona - 4,263 Rentals | Zillow
Possibly DR also had a car loan payment (don't know)
Are you able to share why you know and/or source for statement "didn't have much money in his accounts"?
Sorry, I should have stated in the post, I had a conversation on Monday of this week with Det. Biffin. It was his comment as an impression of what the family shared with him of his recent credit card and bank activity.
IMO it's also the main reason he would take the Instacart gig.
I like your rent comment I had forgotten how much here in Phoenix it's gone up the last year or so.
And building a high end game system I don't think is cheap.

No new information from Saturday's search. About 70 people participated. David Robinson had sent a letter to Chief Hall asking for support the past week. A few uniformed officers and a special squad outfitted with UTVs were on site.

And CNN (Sarah Sindler(?) LA based correspondent) was on site with a producer and cameraman filming a feature package. Look for a piece in the next few days I would assume. Not sure exactly which show will run the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3