DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating from the police report
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

Day of the disappearance.
6:26 hrs jeep miles 58,055 (leaves home)
7:01 hrs jeep miles 58,092 (shell station)
7:02 hrs pumps 1 gallon of gas
7:03 hrs leaves Shell station
7:10 hrs 2 photos of Verrado Rd job site
7:12 hrs DR phone ‘last connected’ to jeep infotainment system
7:22 hrs jeep miles 58,093.2 (+1.2, leaving Verrado site?)
8:10 hrs DR sends text to KE (meeting point ask?)
8:35 hrs jeep miles 58,112 (+19)
9:00 hrs jeep miles 58,129 (+17) (on job site?)
9:06 hrs jeep miles 58,129
12:54 hrs jeep miles 58,153 (+24)
15:00 hrs KE starts to search
19:02 hrs missing persons call

Simplest Narrative.
DR and Ken meet up somewhere between the Verrado Rd job site and the last job site. Note that the point at which they meet may not have been directly between their initial locations. They then drive in convoy to the last job site and may not have gone directly to it or had some trouble finding it.
If Ken was the lead vehicle, DR may not have paid full attention to the route in.
What exactly went down between DR and Ken we may never know, but DR left the site after just a few minutes, while Ken stayed at the site and worked his shift.
DR then sets off to return to Phoenix but instead of retracing the entry from Sun Valley Parkway he sees what looks like a more direct route on his navigation system and decides to take it instead. At this point it is raining.
Following the jeep’s navigation system, DR misses the exit to the electric substation, and finds himself heading down the Wagner wash and gets a fair way before realizing the nav is off.
DR then starts a series of attempts to recover the situation and eventually has a crash. This sets off the airbags, locks the fuel pump, and locks the seat belt.
After more than 40 attempts to restart the jeep, DR figures out the fuel pump reset procedure and gets the jeep engine running again, and continues his attempts to recover back to Sun Valley Parkway.
Then there is a second crash. This time it is a multiple rollover and DR is in the vehicle with no seat belt and a flurry of heavy tools being thrown around, and eventually is thrown from the drivers side window.
Either way DR then ends up way in the desert, either voluntarily or via scavenging.

This is the simplest explanation I could put together. Whether the actual situation was overlaid with mental issues, work issues, romantic issues or anything other, and it probably was, I allocate no causality to them.

I cannot explain the clothes - I can’t imagine you would want to walk more than a few yards barefoot in that terrain.

@capitala51 I like this theory if the crashes happened fairly shortly after he left work. Although how to explain the PI's later conclusion that the 2nd crash happened around 1PM? If so, where would D have been all that time? As I recall, a crash time couldn't be determined in the police report based on crash data recorder...it's something the PI's team came up w/ based on his team's review of the crash data recorder and infotainment center readings:

Private investigator says evidence doesn't add up for missing man | 12news.com

Or perhaps the PI's findings just aren't accurate? Also, police report on p.41 states that the driver's side belt was outstretched in the locked position, so it appeared it had been worn.

After reading back through the thread, my main question still centers on the timeline with the vehicle. To state simply: Subject leaves work site, supposed same day events transpire (and including rain afterward), vehicle located one month later, rancher who finds said vehicle comments on vehicle's cleanliness. That doesn't seem to reflect a vehicle with exposed interior (due to damage) bearing the effects of one month duration in an exceedingly harsh environment. Just my thoughts and impressions.

@capitala51 I like this theory if the crashes happened fairly shortly after he left work. Although how to explain the PI's later conclusion that the 2nd crash happened around 1PM? If so, where would D have been all that time? As I recall, a crash time couldn't be determined in the police report based on crash data recorder...it's something the PI's team came up w/ based on his team's review of the crash data recorder and infotainment center readings:

Private investigator says evidence doesn't add up for missing man | 12news.com

Or perhaps the PI's findings just aren't accurate? Also, police report on p.41 states that the driver's side belt was outstretched in the locked position, so it appeared it had been worn.
Yes one of the functions of the air bag controller at firing is to lock the seat belt auto-retract mechanism so almost certain he was wearing the seat belt up to the first crash (KE saw him put it on). DR could have undone it after that. while trying to recover. But the locked seat belt now cannot be pulled out to re-engage so you have to squish your body back into the seat to get the seat belt buckle back into the catch. He may not have bothered to go to that trouble and just started to drive again without the belt.
I am unsure about the 1pm time stated as the time of the 2nd crash. I believe the data for that came from the infotainment system, so the PI’s findings are accurate, but there might not be a direct connection between the time of the 2nd crash and the infotainment system finally failing and recording the time at that point.

No new information from Saturday's search. About 70 people participated. David Robinson had sent a letter to Chief Hall asking for support the past week. A few uniformed officers and a special squad outfitted with UTVs were on site.

And CNN (Sarah Sindler(?) LA based correspondent) was on site with a producer and cameraman filming a feature package. Look for a piece in the next few days I would assume. Not sure exactly which show will run the package.
Thanks for staying on this. I was thinking, it would be nice if the family decided to release the ACM and EDR data so we could have a look at the delta-v's for ourselves.

Posted 14 hrs ago
BUCKEYE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) — The Buckeye Police Department released new information on Wednesday about its investigation into Daniel Robinson and his SUV that was found in a ravine three weeks after he went missing.

[SBM]

The Buckeye Police Department brought in San Tan Recon, a Chandler-based crash investigation company, to look into the Jeep. Crews processed the scene on Sept. 28 and revisited the site on Oct. 14. In a summary from Buckeye police, investigators found Robinson's SUV was involved in a rollover crash. Its speed also went up right before impact, which police say could indicate the driver tried to go over the other side of the ravine. Investigators also reported the ignition was turned on more than 40 times after the crash. Police said it could mean the driver tried to start the SUV or use the electrical systems. ‘It's unclear how many cycles occurred during tow recovery and when investigators downloaded data,’ police said in its summary.

[SBM]”
Buckeye PD: Missing man's Jeep ignition used 40+ times after rollover crash | Arizona News | azfamily.com

New details emerge in the car crash related to Daniel Robinson's disappearance
Missing Arizona geologist: New details released in disappearance of Daniel Robinson

To Note:
•The Jeep Renegade sped up immediately before it crashed in a ravine in a desert area
>this could "indicate an attempt to drive up the other side of the ravine," the police said
•more than 40 ignition cycles were recorded following the crash
>this could indicate attempts to restart the car or use of the electric system, as well as cycles during the tow recovery and when investigators downloaded data
•there was an 11-mile discrepancy between the crash data report and the displayed odometer reading
>this "is not considered unusual," the report said.

Jason Landry 13th December 2020 – Daniel Robinson 23 June 2021

However far off the mark I am these two young gentleman are still missing in similar yet different circumstances

Reminding myself

· Crashed Cars LEFT unattended

· Clothes, keys, mobiles left behind

· Neither young man found dead or alive

· To all intents and purposes both walking about possible naked.

· Both known to smoke casually smoke Pot

· Both driving alone

· Both early 20’s

· Personal Opinion Only both LE agencies a bit slow off the mark

What an earth happened to them? Where are they? Even if injured with the onset of Hypothermia or Hyperthermia in shock depending on cold or heat neither would be able to get to far from the impact site of their car and both should have been found. In both cases removing clothes to adjust body temperature is a possibility even in the cold

· One traveling home for Christmas along an unlit gravel type road at night

· The other just left work uncharacteristically and drove in the Desert during daylight

· One car was found not long from impact with its headlights still on by a passer-by on the gravel road.

· The other was found a month later in the Desert by a Rancher and the car was said to be clean and a recent addition to the ravine

Both these cases bother me because

JASON and DANIEL should have been found by now by someone.

Buckeye PD: Missing Daniel Robinson's Jeep was turned on 40+ times after rollover crash

Robinson was last seen leaving a job site near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road just after 9 a.m. on June 23.
His dad reported him missing around 7 p.m.

Officers searched on the ground near the job site on June 24, 25, and July 6.
With searches from the air happening on June 25 and July 9 and 10.

His Jeep wasn't found until July 19 by a rancher.
Police then searched by ground and air.

Police said it did "targeted" ground searches on Sept. 28 and Sept. 30.
Five police officers joined a volunteer search on Oct. 30.

After reading back through the thread, my main question still centers on the timeline with the vehicle. To state simply: Subject leaves work site, supposed same day events transpire (and including rain afterward), vehicle located one month later, rancher who finds said vehicle comments on vehicle's cleanliness. That doesn't seem to reflect a vehicle with exposed interior (due to damage) bearing the effects of one month duration in an exceedingly harsh environment. Just my thoughts and impressions.
from Buckeye Police report...hard hat in vehicle contained rainwater. Remember drivers side window is out and UP. Seems pretty evident it was exposed to me. We have many intense but brief downpours in monsoon season which could rinse dust and dirt...and get interior wet but then dry out within hours.

Yes one of the functions of the air bag controller at firing is to lock the seat belt auto-retract mechanism so almost certain he was wearing the seat belt up to the first crash (KE saw him put it on). DR could have undone it after that. while trying to recover. But the locked seat belt now cannot be pulled out to re-engage so you have to squish your body back into the seat to get the seat belt buckle back into the catch. He may not have bothered to go to that trouble and just started to drive again without the belt.
I am unsure about the 1pm time stated as the time of the 2nd crash. I believe the data for that came from the infotainment system, so the PI’s findings are accurate, but there might not be a direct connection between the time of the 2nd crash and the infotainment system finally failing and recording the time at that point.
The 1 pm crash time comes from comparing the EDR air bag deployment odometer reading with the Infotainment system reading at 12:54...58,153. They match ergo the "crash", the only one in my opinion, is at 12:54. And the collision that McGrath says damages the front end is the one that deploys the airbag. Which matches the slope and contour of the ravine.

I found this article from 2014 which describes how a man had a motorcycle accident, stripped off all his clothes including underwear and wandered a quarter of a mile until he fell 40' off a cliff. Police said the crash scene showed no sign of blood or trauma. He was rescued with significant injuries. At the time of the article they didn't know if his actions were related to a head injury or intoxication. While Daniel's clothes weren't folded...the undressing does perplex me. Along with the 12:54PM crash time, as he still had his work vest on...so where was he and what was he doing for 3+ hours? I can't get on board with the theory he was out in a hot desert to nap all that time.

Naked man rescued after Hwy. 1 crash, cliff fall

Found a follow-up article. The man claimed to have crashed to avoid a turkey. Left behind wallet and wandered 1/4 mile through thick brush with trail of folded clothing.

Motorcyclist who jumped naked from Hwy. 1 cliff says he swerved to avoid turkey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members