Found Deceased AZ - David Batten, 45, & Elissa Landry, 28, Chino Valley, 19 Apr 2020 *POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he drove up to Iowa with the body of his girlfriend and stepdad, and her two dogs in the car? And buried the whole thing... Insanity. At least he freed the dogs?
Heartbreaking. Hoping for swift and strong justice for their families to begin to heal. :(

So he drove up to Iowa with the body of his girlfriend and stepdad, and her two dogs in the car? And buried the whole thing... Insanity. At least he freed the dogs?
Heartbreaking. Hoping for swift and strong justice for their families to begin to heal. :(

Yes.

Can someone please explain to me how on earth an entire car can be buried with people inside of it. I understand that the property it was found on was underdeveloped, but this was in a larger town with houses on the the very street it was found on. How can someone not hear or see that happening? خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

One thing I noticed is how close that location is to the freeway. While I'm not familiar with traffic patterns and highway noise in that particular area, I live in a building that backs right up to the freeway, the noise of which is audible even with all windows closed. Highway noise is a good cover for a lot of other noise IMO!

If someone brought a backhoe onto that property (to dig a hole big enough to bury a car in it), could it just appear to the neighbors that the lot owner was working to clear it/start a project?

I don't know who owns the property (has this been made public yet?), if that person lives on it, uses it for recreation/material storage, or if its vacant and sitting in disrepair, but I think its possible the neighbors might not have noticed the noise or activity, due to one factor or another. I pretty well keep to myself, and wouldn't know if someone was doing something nefarious on my own block. MOO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed as social media comments are not allowed>

That and there's no real line-of-sight from areas on that property to other peoples' properties.

I think that combined with the highway contributed to the seclusion of the property, and them getting away with this.

They went missing on April 19th, we're going on 6 weeks since they went missing. My guess is the car was on the property for a bit before the backhoe or whatever was brought in.

No wonder people on site yesterday were in HazMat suits, yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I noticed is how close that location is to the freeway. While I'm not familiar with traffic patterns and highway noise in that particular area, I live in a building that backs right up to the freeway, the noise of which is audible even with all windows closed. Highway noise is a good cover for a lot of other noise IMO!

If someone brought a backhoe onto that property (to dig a hole big enough to bury a car in it), could it just appear to the neighbors that the lot owner was working to clear it/start a project?

I don't know who owns the property (has this been made public yet?), if that person lives on it, uses it for recreation/material storage, or if its vacant and sitting in disrepair, but I think its possible the neighbors might not have noticed the noise or activity, due to one factor or another. I pretty well keep to myself, and wouldn't know if someone was doing something nefarious on my own block. MOO.
We travel along that highway (20) frequently and yes it is a major highway that leads to Dubuque if you keep on going straight and I-380 and Cedar Rapids/Iowa City if you turn off. IMO-it always busy with alot of cars and trucks. IIRC-parts of that area have a sound barrier. But, you're right traffic noise could a problem right there. IMO-whoever lives there isn't any name I have heard mentioned in any article yet. I'm pretty nosey, so I notice alot of what goes on around me! LOL

Buried the entire car on a property one of them had been renting? in plain view, heavy traffic. I understand the burial itself was probably not so suspicious to anyone who didn't know they were just renters but... so much of this case is just so brazen it's terrible.

Buried the entire car on a property one of them had been renting? in plain view, heavy traffic. I understand the burial itself was probably not so suspicious to anyone who didn't know they were just renters but... so much of this case is just so brazen it's terrible.

No heavy traffic.

You can't see the property from the cul-de-sac, the part where the car was buried, or I-380.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back