Presumed Located AZ - Dongdi "Jason" Wu, 23, Tempe, Maricopa County, 24 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
City of Phoenix Police Department

MISSING ADULT

Dongdi "Jason" Wu, male, 23 years old, 5'8", 160lbs, black hair, brown eyes. Tattoos on his chest, back and left ankle. Primarily speaks Chinese.

Jason was last seen on Thursday, January 24, 2019, in the area of South 16th Street and East Baseline Road. Family and firends are concerned for his welfare.
Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix Police Missing Persons at (602) 534-2121, or after hours (602) 262-6141.

2E13D20C-14D4-44F9-9BDB-5203DE7E5DC6.jpeg 16482B5F-7594-43A3-8D9E-F369A0F4E367.jpeg

Phoenix Police looking for missing man last seen on January 24

Concerns grow for family and friends over missing Tempe man

Wu's friends said his car was found abandoned at South Mountain near the main ramada and ranger station, with the key in the ignition. Wu's girlfriend and roommate said he left his apartment in Tempe upset just after midnight on January 24. Hours later, Wu came here to buy cigarettes and a phone charger. Since then, Wu's friend said it's as if he just vanished.

Wu is an international student from China who recently graduated from Arizona State University. Surveillance footage from Smoke Land on E. Baseline Road shows Wu at the store around noon on January 24.

Wu's girlfriend spoke to him before he went missing with his dog. "And Jason replied back around 3:40 a.m., saying 'don't worry, I love you, I'll be back'. That's the last time we ever received messages from him."

His phone is off, and his credit cards haven't been used since going to CVS. His dog was found at a nearby shelter.

Wu had plans to fly home to China on January 27, but never showed up at the airport. His parents are now the ones flying to the Valley to search for him.

I spent several years living in Tempe. I could walk 15 ft. from my back door and be standing on South Mountain. It's a HUGE area with many trails. It spans the Phoenix area all the way from west, and ends in Phoenix at the I-10 freeway and Baseline road, essentially. I've never encountered anything that I would consider suspicious out there, so I personally don't believe the area is dangerous, yet with such a large area that it covers, there are some questionable areas in the city adjacent to the mountain park.

I have found more info in Chinese American media... But I don't know how reliable they are. Most are just repeating the same stuff, but there's one that seems to have interviewed the friend. Don't know if I should link to it.

No news, but...

Found a pdf file on Google that is too large to upload... Titled "Our foundation of excellence - Prince Avenue Christian School". It looks like an archived school newsletter from Jan 2013.

Google search:
dongdi wu jason prince avenue school

It looks like the missing JW went to this school in GA as an international student, staying with a host family, in 2013. Timeline should match graduating university in 2018.

Looking at that photo, he must have since ditched the glasses, got earrings, tattoos etc.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-02-28-09-26-30.png
    Capture+_2019-02-28-09-26-30.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 26
His abandoned car was a Maserati. That’s crazy to me!
Really? Where did you find that?

Depends on the age and model I suppose....

Seems to me as if he wanted to wreck the car, just walked off with key still in ignition after a minor accident.

Hmmm same year as he entered college.

Maybe it's just the thing at ASU:eek::oops:

(Some local is going to scream at this)
Hehe....

Possible that a $75,000 car means nothing if he family is well to do??? Seems that this is the case with many of the kids going to school here. Lots of spendy cars driving around the campus areas!

Hehe....

Possible that a $75,000 car means nothing if he family is well to do??? Seems that this is the case with many of the kids going to school here. Lots of spendy cars driving around the campus areas!
It's been so long without any news.... If he was kidnapped for ransom, we should have heard by now.

He just walked away.
Yes he walked away from the car crash. What I meant was he might have been kidnapped later by people who thought he had money, because of his lifestyle (cars etc).

As for the car, no one had bothered to steal it before it was found, by the park ranger I suppose.

More than 3 months later, family of missing Chinese ASU student still searching for answers

More than 3 months later, family of missing Chinese ASU student still searching for answers
Wu was last seen on January 24, buying cigarettes and a cell phone charger inside a store near 16th Street and baseline, and it is now known Wu was last located inside a gated community under construction in the middle of the day. A gated community that just happens to be across the street from a fire station at 42nd Place and Baseline Road.

There must be cctv at the fire station then.

Not telling what he was seen doing while 'located' there. Or who else was there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back