Presumed Located AZ - Dongdi "Jason" Wu, 23, Tempe, Maricopa County, 24 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dongdi was last seen at South 16th and E. Baseline Road. His vehicle was found southwest of there at South Mountain Park and Preserve, but his body found about a 4 hour/12 mile walk east at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.

Something doesn't sit right with me on this. Unless he was into some serious hiking, who walks that far when you can drive in your own vehicle?

His dog was found at a shelter, but would be interesting to know if it was found at the more westerly location of eastern.

Map here

It seems odd to me that almost a year has passed and the identity of the remains haven't even been confirmed. I do remember another case in the Appalachian mountains where the remains had to be sent from the state examiners office to a university and wait in a backlog for identification that took over a year though. Maybe there are no US dental records for him?

It does seem like that if the dismemberment had been done by someone that the initial medical examination probably would have caught it and in that sort of case its usually announced that the case is being investigated as a homicide but they might not announce that before the identity is established. Probably the first person to ask for more details would be the detective.

LOCATED- BOLOCOP

It does appear that Dongdi’s estate is currently being probated in Maricopa County:
“Notice To Creditors By Publication/ Dongdi Wu a.k.a. Jason Wu“
30C93EDC-3D2D-413F-9754-A6EADEC43699.jpeg
https://www.recordreporter.com/LegalNotices/RR-2020-05-29.pdf

Probate Case History:
B0C76EAC-21C4-42A0-BC8F-B56F072D66C0.jpeg 5D18AD9E-71E3-4E3B-B1C2-CC068F7E5F16.jpeg B66094C6-9F0E-418E-8555-B73B4941A078.jpeg 7071009D-48C0-438E-879A-A48BEC3DFBE3.jpeg
Probate Court Case Information - Case History

Minute entries are not available at this time, so I cannot confirm the circumstances of his death, but personally, I do believe that the remains that were found at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa did belong to him. He “was last located inside a gated community under construction in the middle of the day. A gated community that just happens to be across the street from a fire station at 42nd Place and Baseline Road” and it is a 30-minute or a 1.5-mile walk from that location to the golf course. Also, IIRC, his NamUs page and the one for the unidentified remains were removed from the site pretty much at the same time:
3D27BCC6-E025-4197-B99E-2F0820926056.jpeg
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Rest In Peace, Dongdi. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

It does appear that Dongdi’s estate is currently being probated in Maricopa County:
“Notice To Creditors By Publication/ Dongdi Wu a.k.a. Jason Wu“
View attachment 260283
https://www.recordreporter.com/LegalNotices/RR-2020-05-29.pdf

Probate Case History:
View attachment 260284 View attachment 260285 View attachment 260286 View attachment 260287
Probate Court Case Information - Case History

Minute entries are not available at this time, so I cannot confirm the circumstances of his death, but personally, I do believe that the remains that were found at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa did belong to him. He “was last located inside a gated community under construction in the middle of the day. A gated community that just happens to be across the street from a fire station at 42nd Place and Baseline Road” and it is a 30-minute or a 1.5-mile walk from that location to the golf course. Also, IIRC, his NamUs page and the one for the unidentified remains were removed from the site pretty much at the same time:
View attachment 260293
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Rest In Peace, Dongdi. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Great sleuthing. This at least confirms he is deceased... and unlikely he was found alive somehow and died of other causes later MOO.

RIP Dongdi Jason.

I wonder what is listed as cause of death on the death certificate. What was on the autopsy report.

He could have walked into the construction site for the same reason he might have walked into the golf course, but he chose the latter... JMO
We have an "unidentified" thread for the remains found in the golf course pond (no public ID released yet): AZ - AZ - Remains in Golf Course Pond, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Aug 2019

Dongdi was last seen at South 16th and E. Baseline Road. His vehicle was found southwest of there at South Mountain Park and Preserve, but his body found about a 4 hour/12 mile walk east at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.

Something doesn't sit right with me on this. Unless he was into some serious hiking, who walks that far when you can drive in your own vehicle?

His dog was found at a shelter, but would be interesting to know if it was found at the more westerly location of eastern.

Map here

He walked into our gated neighborhood on 16th st and Baseline around 9:45 to a neighbor's house. She has a video of him in front of her house on Nextdoor. I thought since he was foreign, he might have mistaken the neighborhood/house since it's cookie cutter here. I'm just learning about the abandoned car/dog and I wonder if someone at the house, maybe the neighbor's son/daughter knew him. He doesn't even live in the area.

I found this on the Maricopa Medical Examiners site. It says date of death 08/02/2019 maybe they couldn’t determine the COD because of the state of his remains but then why haven’t they announced that they have ID’d the remains in the pond.

Attachments

• C1B5A954-A114-4E8D-9B04-E43118056BF7.png
    C1B5A954-A114-4E8D-9B04-E43118056BF7.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 9

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads