Az - Dr Steven Pitt Shot Dead Outside His Office

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
disclosure: I work in the legal field in Scottsdale. We all have "that client" that keeps us on our toes, and know this can happen in any office, anywhere, in any line of work. That said, so very very tragic and sad for all. The ripples of all who have been affected by this... it's those who live on who suffer the most IMO... senseless...

Suspect connected to string of Scottsdale, Phoenix murders killed himself, police say
Updated: 8:57 AM PST June 4, 2018
[...]
12 News has learned of Jones’ apparent connections to the four victims from a source familiar with the case:

-Pitt, who was shot and killed late Thursday afternoon outside his north Phoenix office, did a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation of Jones about eight years ago, during Jones’ bitter divorce from his wife.

-Elizabeth Feldman, who works at the Scottsdale law firm where the two paralegals were killed Friday, was the divorce attorney for Jones’ wife. Feldman was not in the office when the two women were shot.

-Jones was seeing or had been seeing a therapist at the offices where the fourth victim, Marshall Levine, was found dead late Friday. It’s not known whether Jones was Levine’s client.
[...]

T
Suspect connected to string of Scottsdale, Phoenix murders killed himself, police say
Updated: 8:57 AM PST June 4, 2018
[...]
12 News has learned of Jones’ apparent connections to the four victims from a source familiar with the case:

-Pitt, who was shot and killed late Thursday afternoon outside his north Phoenix office, did a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation of Jones about eight years ago, during Jones’ bitter divorce from his wife.

-Elizabeth Feldman, who works at the Scottsdale law firm where the two paralegals were killed Friday, was the divorce attorney for Jones’ wife. Feldman was not in the office when the two women were shot.

-Jones was seeing or had been seeing a therapist at the offices where the fourth victim, Marshall Levine, was found dead late Friday. It’s not known whether Jones was Levine’s client.
[...]

That is horrific - eight years later!

Wonder if the motive was financial. Perhaps the ex wife's defense team helped her secure a large divorce settlement, making him perpetually angry over the loss of some of his assets.
Sounds like the suspect's had a screw loose for some time. The divorce got pretty messy being that it dragged on for eight years. I'm guessing he was a control freak.

Suspect in Scottsdale shootings dead, police say
Press conference. Doesn’t say anything about the fountain hills murders, but they are having another PC at 4:00 pm MST.
I don't know why it says husband or wife, and not husband and wife:

HAPPENING NOW: MCSO investigation at Fountain Hills home connected to Valley killing spree
Investigators are scouring a home in the area of Kit Fox Place in Fountain Hills, where sources say the bodies of a husband or wife were found. That brings the total number of victims to six.

The names of those victims have not been released and no other details were immediately available.

I don't know why it says husband or wife, and not husband and wife:

HAPPENING NOW: MCSO investigation at Fountain Hills home connected to Valley killing spree
Investigators are scouring a home in the area of Kit Fox Place in Fountain Hills, where sources say the bodies of a husband or wife were found. That brings the total number of victims to six.

The names of those victims have not been released and no other details were immediately available.
I wonder if it’s his ex wife and she was remarried. I’m thinking the OR is a mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV
Back