AZ AZ - Elizabeth Breck, 46, Tucson, Pinal County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family of missing Tucson High teacher release more details, ask for community support

The family of missing Tucson High teacher Elizabeth Breck has shared more information about her disappearance hoping that it will help find her.

Elizabeth Breck, 46, went missing from a treatment facility in Pinal County on Jan. 13. She had checked herself into a 30-day program for trauma, her brother Christopher Breck said on Monday.

A psychiatrist advised Breck to check in to the facility, the brother said.

After being evaluated, Breck was deemed not a threat to herself or others and was admitted to an area of the facility that’s not locked down.

Following her disappearance, officials searched the 160-acre grounds but found no leads, Christopher Breck said. He said officials talked to employees and visitors and checked Elizabeth Breck’s house several times, but have found no clues to her disappearance.

[...]

Family of missing Tucson High teacher release more details, ask for community support

The family of missing Tucson High teacher Elizabeth Breck has shared more information about her disappearance hoping that it will help find her.

Elizabeth Breck, 46, went missing from a treatment facility in Pinal County on Jan. 13. She had checked herself into a 30-day program for trauma, her brother Christopher Breck said on Monday.

After being evaluated, Breck was deemed not a threat to herself or others and was admitted to an area of the facility that’s not locked down.

Following her disappearance, officials searched the 160-acre grounds but found no leads, Christopher Breck said. He said officials talked to employees and visitors and checked Elizabeth Breck’s house several times, but have found no clues to her disappearance.

[...]
So, this now brings into question ...

Was she really was last seen at the intersection named in earlier articles or that is just the nearest cross-street location to the facility?
Where does the description of her clothing come from?
When did the facility notice she was missing?
What was the maximum amount of time she could have been missing from the facility before it was noticed by the facility?
Since she checked in for 30 days what did she bring in with her and is all of that, except what she was wearing, still there?
Did she have access to a phone? Does the facility keep records of calls if she used a phone in the facility?
If she was in there for more than a few days at the time she disappeared did she have any visitors and, if so, have they been talked to?
Did she have money on her or access to debit or credit cards? Had there been any bank activity since she went into the facility or just after?

The best hope is she called someone or spoke with someone that came to pick her up - including something like Uber - or that she was within walking distance of someone she knows. If she was out wandering on her own the situation is pretty bleak.

[...]

I wonder if the trauma was fairly recent? Could it have been inflicted by someone in the area, or had they come looking for her? Was it trauma that could lead to anyone being arrested? Was it possibly someone who wanted to make sure she could no longer talk about what they did?
***THIS IS ALL PURELY JMO & SPECULATION***
Very curious, and worried.

I wonder if the trauma was fairly recent? Could it have been inflicted by someone in the area, or had they come looking for her? Was it trauma that could lead to anyone being arrested? Was it possibly someone who wanted to make sure she could no longer talk about what they did?
***THIS IS ALL PURELY JMO & SPECULATION***
Very curious, and worried.
If you look at the website from the treatment facility I believe she might have been at based on comments others have made online they use the following to describe their care for trauma - "The debilitating symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and the inner turmoil caused by traumatic experiences in one’s childhood or during adulthood can hinder an individual’s functioning in a negative way." So the trauma could be something from early on in life, and not necessarily something current. I'm glad she sought help and do so hope she is found to complete her therapy.

News video says her cell phone was left behind.

KGUN 9 On Your Side[/QUOTE
Story from their website answers for me that she left most everything at the facility.
New details in disappearance of Elizabeth Breck

Elizabeth left the facility on foot, her brother says, leaving her car, cellphone, and other belongings at the facility. The Breck family does not want to reveal the name of the facility as the investigation is ongoing.

CB believes Elizabeth left with only her ID card and some cash on her.​

At least that answers some of the questions I had.

If you look at the website from the treatment facility I believe she might have been at based on comments others have made online they use the following to describe their care for trauma - "The debilitating symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and the inner turmoil caused by traumatic experiences in one’s childhood or during adulthood can hinder an individual’s functioning in a negative way." So the trauma could be something from early on in life, and not necessarily something current. I'm glad she sought help and do so hope she is found to complete her therapy.

Just read yelp reviews for the facility closest to the published last known location. Yikes. JMO.

It takes a LOT of courage to seek therapy for trauma. I have really bad anxiety or panic attacks with my ptsd sometimes. If it’s something that makes my adrenaline react due to a trigger...it could be a smell, sound, lots of things...I need to get away. I’ve literally ran out of my apartment and down the street until I feel better. She may have had such an instance and just needed some space and air. She likely meant to return shortly. So...where is she? I’m really worried about her. All JMO, of course.

I find the following very worrying:

“Christopher believes Elizabeth left with only her ID card and some cash on her.

In the past, Christopher says her sister would reach out to family, friends, and professionals for help. Before she checked into the facility, he says Elizabeth wasn't feeling like herself.

‘My sister has had dealings with mental health in the past and she's never gone missing,’ Christopher said.”
New details in disappearance of Elizabeth Breck

I think dissociative fugue could be a possibility here, even though it is statistically very rare. It is also strongly associated with trauma. Of course, I have other thoughts too, but the outcome would not be good. Prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back