AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeanE

I imagine that eventually Eliz had to tell the truth - that Gabe was at the Smiths. There had been another incident where Eliz hid Gabe, right? So when LE contacted Logan, I'd imagine he told them about it, and that LE pressured Eliz to cough up the truth.

If this were true and Eliz gave up the truth at this time, she may be telling the truth now, just not everything.

Actually, this concerns me more because it shows that EJ would give up the location of Gabriel to save her own behind. I am sure that LE told her if she didn't say where Gabriel was she would go to jail. Obviously she didn't want to go to jail then. Why the willingness now when all she has to do is give up his location and may be able to walk soon?

I am just not sure why Logan would have a problem with EJ getting a job and placing an ad for a nanny -- seems like a positive step to me

It seems more likely that TS met EJ through the nanny ad on craiglist --IMO

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/so...ZWBC0ifjg.cspx
"I made a poor decision back when I met Elizabeth," said Smith. "I helped her (Elizabeth) file her paperwork so she could get her child support and things like that. There was another name put on there and I helped her (Elizabeth) fill out that paperwork, and because of that it obviously doesn't make me look good."
Quote snipped for space.

Yes, Prof.
This is even more hinky than what Jack Smith said about "someone we've only known for nine days". With that, I can see how HE would say that as he wasn't the one who met her and they reportedly didn't have anything to do with her til early December.
But Tammi's statement sounds like a major slip up that she wasn't even aware she made. I can't see her using the word "met" as a mis-speak.
And off this particular subject, but since we have the above snip from the article you posted: How was TPS helping EJ get child support by filing paperwork with another person's name listed as a possible father??? That makes not a lick of sense.

Scottsdale AZ: A hopeful candlelight vigil in honor of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, will be held from 6pm to 7:30pm on Sunday January 24, 2010 near Jack Rabbit Road on the south soccer field in Chapparal Park.

The candlelight vigil will fan the flame of hope burning in the heart of the infant boy's father, Logan McQueary, who has made several public pleas for the safe return of baby Gabriel. Wil McQueary said of Logan, "He's a young man and his whole life has kind of been taken away from him, so it's tough on him right now,"

Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson Honor: Public Candlelight Vigil of Hope

Actually, this concerns me more because it shows that EJ would give up the location of Gabriel to save her own behind. I am sure that LE told her if she didn't say where Gabriel was she would go to jail. Obviously she didn't want to go to jail then. Why the willingness now when all she has to do is give up his location and may be able to walk soon?

She told her Grandfather she was going to get 20 years for kidnapping whether they find the baby or not per her attys and then asked so why should she help the police. I think she would rather stay in there than let Logan have the baby.

Have it been confirmed that the Smith's have an attorney???

Well, at the very least there was a ton going on between the time Elizabeth placed that nanny ad on the 8th and 3:30 in the morning when they found Gabriel!

Not neccessarily in this order

Fight with Logan
EJ places 2-3 ads in 2 different places
EJ connects with Smith's (again or for the first time)
Smiths spend 4 hrs with Elizabeth
EJ decides to adopt Gabriel out
Paperwork is drawn up (POA)
EJ calls Logan about Adopting
EJ reports Logan stole Gabriel
LE find Gabriel at Smith's (6 hrs later - later than what I'm not sure)

A whole lot of things were happening with EJ. All of the above, and probably alot of pressure from both Logan and the Smith's. Not to mention her grandfather says she was of her meds. Alot for her to be dealing with at one time. In her mania she took off. I think without the Smith pressure she may have stuck around hoping the issues with Logan would blow over like in the past. Things just kept esculating for her through the 26th.

Well, at the very least there was a ton going on between the time Elizabeth placed that nanny ad on the 8th and 3:30 in the morning when they found Gabriel!

Not neccessarily in this order

Fight with Logan
EJ places 2-3 ads in 2 different places
EJ connects with Smith's (again or for the first time)
Smiths spend 4 hrs with Elizabeth
EJ decides to adopt Gabriel out
Paperwork is drawn up (POA)
EJ calls Logan about Adopting
EJ reports Logan stole Gabriel
LE find Gabriel at Smith's (6 hrs later - later than what I'm not sure)

IMO this is very telling of the Smiths' involvement

I sure would like to see those police reports on the incident around the 9th

IMO, I don't think EJ finally told the truth that Gabriel was with the Smith's. Logan most likely explained that EJ had hidden Gabe before, and most likely had a solid alibi showing he wasn't with Gabe that day at all. I think LE found him by tracking EJ's phone records. That number (whether they called her or she called them) probably stood out as a number that was "new" that day. A simple check and they found Gabe. IMO, of course.

Does anyone know the order the photos were taken in? If the pictures of him holding the medicine cup and the one where his eyes are droopy and he's wearing the hat are the last ones, then i'm worried. The other pictures he looks fine, healthy in my opinion.
I have emails out to a few reporters asking that question. I thought they might know what order they were in originally. I will post the nanosecond I hear back.

Thanks Newmommy and Prof - those statements sure seem like the Smith's first met Elizabeth last December. If so, why the need for the airport story - I say it could be because they know how hinky it would sound if they replied to a nanny ad and within a day the woman was signing away Power of Attorney to them with regards to her child.

Quote snipped for space.

Yes, Prof.
This is even more hinky than what Jack Smith said about "someone we've only known for nine days". With that, I can see how HE would say that as he wasn't the one who met her and they reportedly didn't have anything to do with her til early December.
But Tammi's statement sounds like a major slip up that she wasn't even aware she made. I can't see her using the word "met" as a mis-speak.
And off this particularly subject, but since we have the above snip from the article you posted: How was TPS helping EJ get child support by filing paperwork with another person's name listed as a possible father??? That makes not a lick of sense.

Well in Tammispeak the "things like that" are the truth part of the statement - things like that = stripping the bio dad of his rights because there is doubt to his paternity anyway IMO lol sorry

Scottsdale AZ: A hopeful candlelight vigil in honor of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, will be held from 6pm to 7:30pm on Sunday January 24, 2010 near Jack Rabbit Road on the south soccer field in Chapparal Park.

The candlelight vigil will fan the flame of hope burning in the heart of the infant boy's father, Logan McQueary, who has made several public pleas for the safe return of baby Gabriel. Wil McQueary said of Logan, "He's a young man and his whole life has kind of been taken away from him, so it's tough on him right now,"

Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson Honor: Public Candlelight Vigil of Hope

I can't access FB from work. But the McQueary's also set it up for people who aren't local to go to a website and light a virtual candle so they can participate. Can someone with FB access post that info here as well, PLEASE?
I will be participating virtually.

IMO, I don't think EJ finally told the truth that Gabriel was with the Smith's. Logan most likely explained that EJ had hidden Gabe before, and most likely had a solid alibi showing he wasn't with Gabe that day at all. I think LE found him by tracking EJ's phone records. That number (whether they called her or she called them) probably stood out as a number that was "new" that day. A simple check and they found Gabe. IMO, of course.

and a good opinion IMO -- I wonder whose idea it was to call police, and why
Was it a ploy to get custody? not well thought out, obviously, not too smart either IMO

Thanks Newmommy and Prof - those statements sure seem like the Smith's first met Elizabeth last December. If so, why the need for the airport story - I say it could be because they know how hinky it would sound if they replied to a nanny ad and within a day the woman was signing away Power of Attorney to them with regards to her child.

ITA, once EJ disappeared with the baby, whether they helped her or not, whether she killed him or gave him away, they would want to downplay their involvement with her and look as innocent as possible. If TPS met EJ by answering a nanny ad and then within 24 hours had custody of the baby, that looks pretty hinky of the Smith's and makes them look much more involved. JMO.

Uh, oh ... not sure f I should say this, but maybe most of you remember that someone who knows Tammi very well also said it was a Garmin and that Tammi is the one who gave it to Elizabeth. However, I don't know if using the term "Garmin" might mean gps to a lot of people.

I'm back a few pages catching up. IMO, a lot of people use Garmin as a general term for gps.......kind of like Kleenex for tissue.

Was it a ploy to get custody? not well thought out, obviously, not too smart either IMO

That was the "first" day. I don't think anything was planned at this point. The conniving started after this point. Logan's dad is LE he was probably all over it at this point in defense of Logan.

Very good question, IMO.
All we've really heard is that she "accused Logan of kidnapping Gabriel". It could be she called Logan and threatened to call police and say he (Logan) kidnapped Gabe, and then Logan got the police involved. It could be that EJ actually called and reported a kidnapping.
We know that EJ had charges of filing a false report. But that could go either way. If she simply threatened Logan and he got the police involved, she probably went ahead with filing a report cause she was already "in it". IMO.

What sane couple would participate in all of that? This case is so unbelievable -- the paper trail they have left in the past gives me hope that they left a paper or electronic trail all of the way to finding Gabriel

If this is EJ's ad, WHY was she placing an ad for a nanny when she had already given Gabriel to the Smiths? Interesting.

You're right! That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, does it? Now I'm COMPLETELY lost in all of this. OMG, yet another CA scenario ... it's up, then it's down, ... no, I lied, it's really sideways. I know what I'm doing ... uh ... no I don't. I'm sane at the moment, but then again, I'm not level ... Maalox, anyone? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust