AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone think she could be Carol Batterman?
carol_ann_batterman_1.jpg
Original

A friend of mine and I have been working super hard to try and get Little Miss X solved and we stumbled across Carol. Table:
Carol Batterman MP21701Little Miss X (1958) UP9859Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/HispanicMatch/Possible
Age1911-17 (Doe Network Estimate)Possible
Height5'5"5'0"-5'3"Possible. (Tests were done in the early 70s at latest and Carol's height may be estimated.)
Weight115lbs105lbsMatch/Possible
Hair ColorBrownBrown/AuburnPossible
Eye ColorBrownUnknownPossible
Estimated D.O.D/D.L.CMay 31, 19581957Possible
Distinctive FeaturesOval scar in left of wristUnknown/None (Skeletal Remains)Match/Possible
CircumstancesLast seen waiting for busFound in Grand Canyon, AZStretching
DistanceOKC/Moore-Grand Canyon961 miles (14hr 12min)Stretching
The heavy eyebrows on Carol caught me as odd as Little Miss X has the same type of eyebrows. Eyebrows can be somewhat estimated from the shape of the skull. Let me know what you think!
Here is Carol Ann Batterman's thread:

Does anyone think she could be Carol Batterman?
carol_ann_batterman_1.jpg
Original

A friend of mine and I have been working super hard to try and get Little Miss X solved and we stumbled across Carol. Table:
Carol Batterman MP21701Little Miss X (1958) UP9859Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/HispanicMatch/Possible
Age1911-17 (Doe Network Estimate)Possible
Height5'5"5'0"-5'3"Possible. (Tests were done in the early 70s at latest and Carol's height may be estimated.)
Weight115lbs105lbsMatch/Possible
Hair ColorBrownBrown/AuburnPossible
Eye ColorBrownUnknownPossible
Estimated D.O.D/D.L.CMay 31, 19581957Possible
Distinctive FeaturesOval scar in left of wristUnknown/None (Skeletal Remains)Match/Possible
CircumstancesLast seen waiting for busFound in Grand Canyon, AZStretching
DistanceOKC/Moore-Grand Canyon961 miles (14hr 12min)Stretching
The heavy eyebrows on Carol caught me as odd as Little Miss X has the same type of eyebrows. Eyebrows can be somewhat estimated from the shape of the skull. Let me know what you think!
Wouldn’t CB’s tooth alignment correspond to a very specific shape of the skull? She has buck teeth that protrude all the way up to her nose. The structure dominates her face.
There doesn’t seem to be anything like this feature on the UID.

Still nothing found on GG and another girl BM, isn't listed in her father's obit so she may be missing or deceased, I'm not sure

Last edited:
Wouldn’t CB’s tooth alignment correspond to a very specific shape of the skull? She has buck teeth that protrude all the way up to her nose. The structure dominates her face.
There doesn’t seem to be anything like this feature on the UID

My completely novice impressions follow. Looks like a shorter philtrum on Carol. Her hair looks very dark, too, but it's hard with a b&w photo. Eyes look wider set, as well, but we're dealing with skeletal remains. Does anyone know if the skull was in good condition? Might give an idea how much wiggle room there is with how closely a misper needs to match the reconstruction.

My completely novice impressions follow. Looks like a shorter philtrum on Carol. Her hair looks very dark, too, but it's hard with a b&w photo. Eyes look wider set, as well, but we're dealing with skeletal remains. Does anyone know if the skull was in good condition? Might give an idea how much wiggle room there is with how closely a misper needs to match the reconstruction.

It's hard to tell about the mouth and nose because Carol is smiling and the reconstruction isn't. That can drastically change the apparent length of the philtrum and the tip of the nose.

I don't know what to do... I have tried everything in my power to get my mystery match onto NamUs and Doe Network. Nothing... not even a response. I will at least give out her full name as this will be mind blowing for some people I'm sure. Her name was Patricia Rhae Wilson. See the P and the R? The same letters that were on the nail file. Maybe the W became invisible due to wear from usage and being out in the open in the time prior to Little Miss X's discovery.

Do we know for sure this woman is still missing?

I found some W. Wilson (father mentioned in paper-clipping) in the earlier Census years, in My Heritage, who lived at Providencia Ave in Burbank, but no number 474 E came up. I think the W.W. I found is direct family...grandparent maybe. Her parents maybe moved to that address in the fifties? When she was 15 in 1957 she would have been born approx. 1942. It's interesting how little I could find about her, without knowing where she was born.

Patricia Rhae Wilson seems like a potential match for Little Miss X, though the only detail would be if she was ever found or if she's still missing.

Patricia Rhae Wilson seems like a potential match for Little Miss X, though the only detail would be if she was ever found or if she's still missing.
We think she is. She never graduated let alone attended the next year. There are also no records of her. It's possible she was found but very unlikely. No more newspaper clippings about her either. I'm gonna make a table for her too. I also have a theory on who could have killed her but it's mainly speculation.

Detailed post about Patricia Rhae Wilson.
p-wilson-2
1193UFAZ1_LARGE.jpg

Here is the table:
Patricia Rhae Wilson.Little Miss X #UP9859Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/HispanicMatch
Age1511-17Match
Hair ColorLight BrownAuburn/Light BrownMatch
Eye ColorBlueUnknownMatch/Possible
Height5'4"5'0"-5'3"Match
Weight130lbs105-110lbsPossible
Estimated D.L.C/D.O.DApril 195701/31/1958-05/01/1957Match
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/None- FrecklesUnknown/None (Skeletal Remains)Match/Possible
CircumstancesWent missing while BabysittingFound in Grand Canyon, A\Possible
DistanceBurbank-Grand Canyon493miles (7-8hr)Possible
It shocks me how many of these fields match!

p-wilson-2
1193UFAZ1_LARGE.jpg

Here is the table:
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
Age1511-17Match
Height5'4"5'0"-5'3"Match
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/None- FrecklesUnknown/None (Skeletal Remains)Match/Possible
I think it would be good to get this to the Coconino County Medical Examiner and Sheriff's Department, maybe they could get more information on Patricia Rhae Wilson.

p-wilson-2
1193UFAZ1_LARGE.jpg

Here is the table:
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
Age1511-17Match
Height5'4"5'0"-5'3"Match

Note that PRW seems to have some noticeable jaw misalignment. PRW matches the original sketch, which also seems to have a jaw misalignment, but IMO not the newer reconstruction.

Has there been any talk about the eyes in Little Miss X original sketch? They seem uneven or one is wandering.

Note that PRW seems to have some noticeable jaw misalignment. PRW matches the original sketch, which also seems to have a jaw misalignment, but IMO not the newer reconstruction.

Has there been any talk about the eyes in Little Miss X original sketch? They seem uneven or one is wandering.
I wondered about the jaw, and was going to comment about it, but then talked myself out of it because I thought it could just be a severe shadow making her jaw look uneven. (The photo *is* very blown out and blurry.)

I wondered about the jaw, and was going to comment about it, but then talked myself out of it because I thought it could just be a severe shadow making her jaw look uneven. (The photo *is* very blown out and blurry.)
That is definitely some kind of jaw misalignment. I had a cross bite and before it was fixed, my jaw looked similar but not as bad in photos. Not so much in person Or in the mirror.

I hope PRW gets put into a missing database if it is found that she is still missing, so that she can have her own thread.

p-wilson-2
1193UFAZ1_LARGE.jpg

Here is the table:
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
Age1511-17Match
Height5'4"5'0"-5'3"Match
If you want to know where we got that picture we got it from the Burbank High School 1957 Yearbook. I think it was on page 170. I also found out from Burbank PD that they have no record of her which is strange. I think they may have lost it or the case was moved to another PD. Of course I considered the fact that she is no longer missing. The main source is here.

If you want to know where we got that picture we got it from the Burbank High School 1957 Yearbook. I think it was on page 170. I also found out from Burbank PD that they have no record of her which is strange. I think they may have lost it or the case was moved to another PD. Of course I considered the fact that she is no longer missing. The main source is here.
The wow is for not having something on record. Did LE said something about a possible match. Or was it like, we don't have a file, so we are not going to look into it further. I think the sketch (although it must have been made from a skull, so some mistakes are possible) looks very much like PRW. At least the overall look. I wish we knew if she is still missing. I hope she has lived or is still living a happy and productive life. The missing-missing cases always make me very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back