AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure about Mary Begay, but I can't figure out how they ruled out Donnis Redman. Last I knew, Donnis and the set of remains didn't have matching identifiers: she didn't have dental records, only had DNA. And the remains didn't have DNA, only dental records.

Same here....questioned that before.....

I simply cut and pasted the clothing from Little Miss X NAMUS and Mary Begay's Charlie Project.

And now it turns out that Donnis Redman was last seen wearing a yellow sweater and brown capri pants.

Unfortunately, without Little Miss X's remains, I don't think we're going to get very far.
Since these are skeletal remains, I have no idea if the clothing was too large or not...

I really wonder how they were "excluded"?

Okay...I simply cut and pasted the text on the Doe Network.....I don't know where this "clothing to0 big for her" is coming from. There are killers who change clothes on their victims....throwing clothes from others on a crime scenes.

I'm not sure how they're ruled out, but I don't think any girl on any current mp database is Lmx.

I was watching a documentary when this thought came, but I wonder if she may have been a victim of the Grand Canyon Collision that occured in 1956. Fron what was said, 128 victims died as a result, but only 3 victims were recovered during the time. The PMI given almost matches, give or take a few months.
Nevermind, it says that more victims were recovered, but it doesn't say if they all were. I still think it could be a possibility.

Nevermind, it says that more victims were recovered, but it doesn't say if they all were. I still think it could be a possibility.

It’s an interesting thought, but I’d think that her skeletal remains would have shown signs of an extremely violent death—and she was found at a time when the plane crash was extremely fresh in people’s minds. So, it’d be worth looking into, but I doubt it.

It’s an interesting thought, but I’d think that her skeletal remains would have shown signs of an extremely violent death—and she was found at a time when the plane crash was extremely fresh in people’s minds. So, it’d be worth looking into, but I doubt it.
I'm not sure there'd necessarily be those violent injuries, but I wish it was said in the canyon where she was found, as the canyon is hundreds of miles long, but I just thought about the strange coincidence and realized that it could be at least possible.

By that theory though I’m not sure which plane she would’ve been on. The TWA plane hit the ground at almost 500 mph vertically, but the UA plane caught fire after it collided with the canyon wall.

I'm not sure how they're ruled out, but I don't think any girl on any current mp database is Lmx.

I agree. Especially if they were ruled out in the beginning or more than 30 years ago, especially in light of the recent ID of the Sharon Gallegos case, who was ruled out from her remains, from the beginning, but it turned out to be her after all. With some of these historic cases, I think they need to start from scratch with today's tech.

ETA: I'm aware we still don't know if these remains were ever found for DNA testing. I'm thinking not, though.

I was watching a documentary when this thought came, but I wonder if she may have been a victim of the Grand Canyon Collision that occured in 1956. Fron what was said, 128 victims died as a result, but only 3 victims were recovered during the time. The PMI given almost matches, give or take a few months.

The remains of the two airliners involved in that collision are inside the canyon and North of the Colorado river. A long way from where this body was found.

I believe the remains are lost, so I don't believe orthram can help!

You are correct, and I've never seen nor heard anything after 2019 indicating that her grave had been found.

Posted earlier in this thread:

Officials had hoped a Sept. 5, 2018, excavation at Citizens Cemetery in Flagstaff, Ariz., would unearth the lost remains of a girl dubbed Little Miss X. The teenage girl’s body was found in the Grand Canyon in 1958, but, after an initial investigation turned out to be inconclusive, the remains were reburied and lost in the 1960s, officials have said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, tests on the recently recovered remains show it was not the body of Little Miss X, said Lt. Gerrit Boeck of the Criminal Investigation Division of Arizona’s Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.

Connie Smith mystery remains unsolved

You are correct, and I've never seen nor heard anything after 2019 indicating that her grave had been found.

Posted earlier in this thread:

Officials had hoped a Sept. 5, 2018, excavation at Citizens Cemetery in Flagstaff, Ariz., would unearth the lost remains of a girl dubbed Little Miss X. The teenage girl’s body was found in the Grand Canyon in 1958, but, after an initial investigation turned out to be inconclusive, the remains were reburied and lost in the 1960s, officials have said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, tests on the recently recovered remains show it was not the body of Little Miss X, said Lt. Gerrit Boeck of the Criminal Investigation Division of Arizona’s Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.

Connie Smith mystery remains unsolved

I recall seeing a picture of her skull, so I'm wondering if her remains got separated.

I think she's indeed Pinky Redman. Her boyfriend's car was found only 90 minutes away from where LMX was found. The nail file with the initials "PR" on it- the evidence is too much for me. It's too bad the remains have been misplaced.
There’s a better photo of her skull somewhere and I’ve always thought about doing an imposition for everyone. Not necessarily will I share the exact photo (might have already) but it will definitely indicate whether or not we have a match.

There’s a better photo of her skull somewhere and I’ve always thought about doing an imposition for everyone. Not necessarily will I share the exact photo (might have already) but it will definitely indicate whether or not we have a match.

I've seen photos of this remain's skull, but I can't remember where, or if I posted a link to it here, or took a screen shot of it, as it was a while ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach
Back