AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I private messaged help id me with info. I was buzzing when I found her photos last night. The resemblance to the sketch is incredibly close

Does anyone know if the nail file case was ever photographed? I'm currently searching for matches on the items carried with our Jane Doe to see if some of them may have only been distributed in certain areas.

I might be mistaken but I'm sure I read about the file case being made in California?

I might be mistaken but I'm sure I read about the file case being made in California?

Her pants were from California. I can't find anything on the file case. The Ponds Cold Cream appears to have a serial number at the bottom of it, but I can't clean up the photo enough to get a good read except for a couple of characters. I suppose my thinking is that if any of these items were sold in say Alabama, it could support the theory that this could be Avis.

Her pants were from California. I can't find anything on the file case. The Ponds Cold Cream appears to have a serial number at the bottom of it, but I can't clean up the photo enough to get a good read except for a couple of characters. I suppose my thinking is that if any of these items were sold in say Alabama, it could support the theory that this could be Avis.

She has family in California, I think some lived in Modesto. The fella that wrote the blog posts looking for her lived there, I think he is a nephew or cousin, I'm not too sure.

Does anybody know the email address for the person in charge of this case?

I'm so sure this is her, poor girl needs her name back after so long

Attachments

• 1193UFAZ_LARGE.jpg
    1193UFAZ_LARGE.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190926_000254.jpg
    20190926_000254.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 53
It appears Avis may have a gap between her top incisors, from what I can tell of the photo. Though it could just be the quality of the photo itself.
What are the chances of Avis having dental records out there? I'm thinking that would be the only way to to rule her in or out at this point. Last I knew, this set of remains was still not located, so there's no way to get a DNA sample from them.
A good smiling photo showing Avis's adult teeth might work, too. Some ME's in CA will use them for ID purposes, not sure about AZ, though.

It appears Avis may have a gap between her top incisors, from what I can tell of the photo. Though it could just be the quality of the photo itself.
What are the chances of Avis having dental records out there? I'm thinking that would be the only way to to rule her in or out at this point. Last I knew, this set of remains was still not located, so there's no way to get a DNA sample from them.
A good smiling photo showing Avis's adult teeth might work, too. Some ME's in CA will use them for ID purposes, not sure about AZ, though.
There was no mention of a gap in any of the posts I found. She might have had a slight chip in one tooth but not sure which one.

There was no mention of a gap in any of the posts I found. She might have had a slight chip in one tooth but not sure which one.
It says "broken corner on upper front tooth" in the first file on your post #101.

I dig a bit more research on Avis and as of 2004 she was alive and well. It looks like she ran away and changed her name, I found many aliases. I think I know why but I won't go into that here.

Good find. A petty she turns out not to be little miss x. At least you located a missing woman (traces of her live) and her family knows a bit more now.

It seems so weird that such a young woman (seemingly) wasn't reported missing by her family members. I think it's likely that her loved ones tried to contact the police, who assumed that X had run off on her own and did nothing as a result.

I also don't think it's out of the question that this might be some sort of a domestic situation. I don't think it was extraordinary for young teenage girls (~14/15) to get married back then. She could have run into problems with her husband. If she was married, she could very well have left behind a child who has been told that their mother just up and left one day.

I also think it's strange how many different random items (which may or may not belong to X) were found near X's remains. Maybe the killer wanted to throw out items that would remind them of X, or perhaps X was killed in a car or something, and the killer tossed out belongings that she had left there.

It's possible she was reported missing but the report wasn't taken seriously if she ran away alot, or there is a paper report stuck on a dusty shelf somewhere that hasn't been looked at for decades.

I found details of 2 teen girls, both missing in 1957 that fit the description of LMX. BUT I haven't found anything on Google that tells me if they are still missing, is there anyone here good at researching that could help me?

Richelle Marie Tate missing from San Bernadino CA February 1st 1957

Judith Anne Palmer from Oklahoma City , possibly hitchhiker to California, lka April 10th 1957.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191117-145542_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191117-145542_Gallery.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191117_150345.jpg
    20191117_150345.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I found details of 2 teen girls, both missing in 1957 that fit the description of LMX. BUT I haven't found anything on Google that tells me if they are still missing, is there anyone here good at researching that could help me?

Richelle Marie Tate missing from San Bernadino CA February 1st 1957

Judith Anne Palmer from Oklahoma City , possibly hitchhiker to California, lka April 10th 1957.

Good find...is it from the old FBI bulletins? It's so hard to know if this girls are still missing....I don't know where to begin.....one of them is a sketch isn't it?

The orientation of the photo is at an angle, but I think Judy Palmer favors X a little.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back