AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you want to know where we got that picture we got it from the Burbank High School 1957 Yearbook. I think it was on page 170. I also found out from Burbank PD that they have no record of her which is strange. I think they may have lost it or the case was moved to another PD. Of course I considered the fact that she is no longer missing. The main source is here.
I don't know if it's the case here, but I've read a lot of missing children's files were disposed of after their eighteenth birthdays in the past. Something about adults having the right to be missing. There have been cases of families who assumed their child was still listed as a missing person, not knowing that this happened. MOO.

I have gotten quite nervous to post about her here as she isn't on NamUs or Doe Network. It's possible to talk about her but I guess I have gotten very weary about what I'm saying so I follow all the rules...

Carol Batterman has pretty much been excluded as being Little Miss X. Got this email back after submitting three weeks ago:

"Vote no on dental inconsistency. MP chart has tooth missing that is present for photographs of the UP dentition. Also restorations for teeth on MP not present for UP. Also distance and ethnicity ( UP stated as multi-ethnic)"

I feel like it's not that smart to excluded her on race even though Pinky and Connie were fully white to my knowledge. I wont argue as even though race can be argued in this case, the dentals don't lie.

I'm of the belief distance should rarely be used to rule anyone out, maybe in cases of mobility issues where the person was last seen on foot and couldn't physically get far, but, then, someone could have stopped and picked them up. People get around.

Many missing people are found far from home, like Tammy Alexander, Marcia King, Anita Drake, and, recently, Ruth Terry, to name a few. They turned up in places no one predicted/expected.

I'm of the belief distance should rarely be used to rule anyone out, maybe in cases of mobility issues where the person was last seen on foot and couldn't physically get far, but, then, someone could have stopped and picked them up. People get around.

Many missing people are found far from home, like Tammy Alexander, Marcia King, Anita Drake, and, recently, Ruth Terry, to name a few. They turned up in places no one predicted/expected.
Also Michelle Garvey who was found 30 hours away in one month. But as I said, the dentals do not lie.

Carol Batterman has pretty much been excluded as being Little Miss X. Got this email back after submitting three weeks ago:

"Vote no on dental inconsistency. MP chart has tooth missing that is present for photographs of the UP dentition. Also restorations for teeth on MP not present for UP. Also distance and ethnicity ( UP stated as multi-ethnic)"

I feel like it's not that smart to excluded her on race even though Pinky and Connie were fully white to my knowledge. I wont argue as even though race can be argued in this case, the dentals don't lie.
Thanks for posting. It's good to know Carol Batterman can be ruled out on dentals. These are hard facts. Ruling out on distance and ethnicity is very tricky IMO.

Reactions: byo
An unlikely possible match since she disappeared in another country but Moira McCall Anderson looks a bit like the reconstruction of Little Miss X created by The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children:

865DFUK - Moira McCall Anderson

Maybe it was sold and trafficked? human trafficking was very common in Europe at that time.

How was Pinky Redman ruled out? DNA?
Not sure how Donis was ruled out, because, iirc, she didn't have matching identifiers with this Jane Doe. Last I knew, she didn't have dental records to compare, and this set of remains doesn't have fingerprints because they were skeletal, and they don't have a DNA profile for because they've misplaced the remains.

Not sure how Donis was ruled out, because, iirc, she didn't have matching identifiers with this Jane Doe. Last I knew, she didn't have dental records to compare, and this set of remains doesn't have fingerprints because they were skeletal, and they don't have a DNA profile for because they've misplaced the remains.
I will forever be convinced this is Miss Redman until DNA says otherwise.

An unlikely possible match since she disappeared in another country but Moira McCall Anderson looks a bit like the reconstruction of Little Miss X created by The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children:

865DFUK - Moira McCall Anderson

Maybe it was sold and trafficked? human trafficking was very common in Europe at that time.
Unlikely. She was abducted locally and probably murdered and buried nearby

It just occurred to me investigators had her hair, didn't they?
They've been successful in extracting DNA from hair strands without a follicle, so I wonder if they have still have the hair and can use it to try to extract DNA from, instead of trying to find her remains. Sure, keep looking for them, but in the meantime if the can find her hair, all may not be lost.

I'm undecided re: Pinky Redman at the moment, but what would the scenario be if Little Miss X was Pinky? Where would Mike be? Would love to hear theories about this as I could see her possibly being Pinky.

I'm undecided re: Pinky Redman at the moment, but what would the scenario be if Little Miss X was Pinky? Where would Mike be? Would love to hear theories about this as I could see her possibly being Pinky.
If Pinky Redman really ends up being Little Miss X, I think Mike could be this John Doe:

3871UMAZ

These remains are believed to have been originally found in the late 1950s in the Williams, Arizona area.

If Pinky Redman really ends up being Little Miss X, I think Mike could be this John Doe:

3871UMAZ

These remains are believed to have been originally found in the late 1950s in the Williams, Arizona area.
I remember reading about the remains found in the attic, but I thought he was ruled out for these remains. I will try to find the article about it, but it's been so long since I read it.

The mystery is so old, there are many guesses attached. In one of them, a young couple left Los Angeles to elope to Las Vegas. This story goes that Michael Griffin and Pinky Redmond were kidnapped and killed. Her body was found buried in Williams and never identified. His body was found 100 miles the other way. But DNA has proven the bones do not belong to Griffin, Czarnecki said.
I don't know how accurate this article is, and it's not very clear, but I took it to mean by the last sentence that DNA was used to exclude Michael as being the bones of the skeleton found in the mortuary attic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields
Back