Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they said in the presser they won't discuss what the hit was with the dog so it was either:
1)unknown scent
or
2)HRD
or
3)both

:-(

Police in Arizona said Monday that there is new evidence in the case of missing six-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis, as authorities investigated more than 100 leads in the search for the child.
Two FBI K9 units arrived overnight in Tucson from Virginia and searched near Isabel's home, KGUN-TV reported.
They alerted police to new evidence, but their findings have not yet been made public.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/po...ase-dpgonc-20120423-sv_19376186#ixzz1ssufEMi3

----------

they said in the presser they won't discuss what the hit was with the dog so it was either:
1)unknown scent
or
2)HRD
or
3)both

Police in Arizona said Monday that there is new evidence in the case of missing six-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis, as authorities investigated more than 100 leads in the search for the child.

It certainly has piqued my interest that in the short time of 2 hours, Chief went from refusing to discuss what the dogs did to discussing it freely.

1)unknown scent
or
2)HRD
or
3)both

Wonder how a dog alerts to an unknown scent. How would the handler know it was unknown.
Just curious.

CAll me crazy people But after what I witnessed with my own eyes the power of this place on Friday. I have taken her missinf flyer and put it on my Facebook page and have asked my friends to do the same.
Let help find this one .

Heads up: Nancy Grace is covering this tonight. I didn't hear about this case until she posted on FB she was covering it tonight.

Wonder how a dog alerts to an unknown scent. How would the handler know it was unknown.
Just curious.

sarx can answer this better than me......

they get swabs or articles from everyone in the home... the dog than can hit on scent (fresh scent) that is not from those articles...

(((oh sarx, I hope you can smack me now if I got that wrong!)))

Nancy Grace
‎6-year-old girl vanishes from her own bedroom in the middle of the night. Mommy & daddy say they tucked the little girl in and woke up the next morning to find she’s gone! Right now: police say specially trained FBI dogs made an alert in the home that they are following up on and the family is being kept out of the home as processing of the scene continues. I want to know: what happened to beautiful 6-year-old Isabel Celis? Call me now with your on-air questions: 877-626-2901

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&set=a.159500548286.116726.56641053286&type=1

One thing that has me puzzled (maybe it shouldn't and I defer the answer to this to more seasoned sleuthers), but the FBI from both LA and Virginia are there and have been involved. Isn't it usually de rigueur to have the family appear in the media if they truly believe this to be a kidnapping?

sarx can answer this better than me......

they get swabs or articles from everyone in the home... the dog than can hit on scent (fresh scent) that is not from those articles...

(((oh sarx, I hope you can smack me now if I got that wrong!)))

So they kinda work in reverse.

One thing that has me puzzled (maybe it shouldn't and I defer the answer to this to more seasoned sleuthers), but the FBI from both LA and Virginia are there and have been involved. Isn't it usually de rigueur to have the family appear in the media if they truly believe this to be a kidnapping?

In most kidnapping cases, the family makes a plea to the abductor(s) and to the public to keep an eye out for their child.

It seems like LE is fine with the family speaking to the media, but are leaving it up to the family when/how they want to go about doing that. That's pretty standard procedure for cases like this, I think. When the family is ready to address the media, they will is kind of the mindset I got from watching the pressers.

This probably sounds really stupid now, but 15+ years ago our house burned down on a Satruday night just after Christmas, while we were out for the evening. We were filthy, had no clean clothes, and smelled of smoke. All we really wanted was a shower, a toothbrush, and clean clothes. We went to our pastor before the service started and asked permission to come as we were, concerned our bedraggled appearance might not be acceptable. We were told to come, and we did. The reason this was important to us at the time was to show we still had faith even after what had happened. And that we weren't holding a grudge against God for burning our house down. It was hard, since we had a 3 year old, and she had just lost everything she had gotten for her birthday and Christmas, along with everything familiar to her. Members of our church actually took up a collection for us we were not even aware of and everyone who had kids in her preschool class (also at the church) either bought her toys and clothes or handed down things from their own children. The church was a great source of comfort at that time.

Amen! :praying:

So they kinda work in reverse.

That's the way I am visualizing it: Dog walks around, sniffs and indicates to the handler: 'yes, yes, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, yes' in the various rooms and areas around the home.

Just curious.
I'm guessing that they present the dog(s) with known scents (samples or objects from all people with frequent presence in the home) and give them the command to only indicate on other scents. IOW, ignore the known scents. JMO.

I've been following along and reading, but not posting. This case is so scary. I really hope they are thoroughly checking all the RSOs and the RSOs' friends too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman