AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the truth doesn't change, but peoples' memories do. In times of stress, they cannot be expected to recall every detail in the exact order, every time. If they did, that would be a big red flag for most LE. That would indicate a made-up story for sure.
If you ever have a chance to watch a police interrogation of a suspect, (NOT on t.v.), you would see that they will keep going back over the same timeline, but not in the same order. They purposely mix the questions up so that it confuses the person and makes them slip up and give the wrong answers. It's a great trick and I used to use this on my kids when they were growing up. One of them turned out to be a cop!

TxLady2,
Yes, I do understand about police interrogation techniques ( not from TV LOL ).

I am loathe to admit it,but I just do not feel that the Celis' are being completely forthright. There is just something that doesn't seem to sit right. And I also think it may well have nothing to do with Isabel. Whatever this "something" is,it kind of clouds the picture for me. I have not made any mention of this before now... MOO The LEO's I've known told me that there is the science of police work, evidence etc.And there is also the other part of police work,which often relies heavily on intuition... Just some thoughts and MOO

I'm not gonna believe he is the actual brother unless someone in the family says so. He could have told JVM he is the uncle on the mothers side, and she just assumed brother. JMO

OT/I can't believe no one has ID'd the guy in the drawing, for the other case...if it is accurate at all, someone knows who this guy is, for sure...and I don't think he is from out of the area, JMO.

A bloodhound would be for tracking a scent starting from the last known place the victim was and trying to find where her/his scent leads. A 'hit' with a bloodhound should be a path leading somewhere or as far as the pooch can find the scent.

A cadaver dog is to detect human decomp and track it to a specific place, if the scent it exists.

Of course nothing is perfect and there can be false positives, but dogs noses are amazing and dogs don't lie.

For instance, in the Maddy McCann case, cadaver dogs allegedly hit both inside the rented apartment and the rental car used by the family, leading police to suspect that something happened and Maddy was actually killed in the apartment and discarded somehow, rather than abducted.

I thought that was what I said.
I had heard that Becky was in bed before Isa went to bed and assumed it was by a significant amount of time (i.e. she was ASLEEP before Isa was put to bed). But if she had finished Isabel's braids just before Isabel went to bed, then she could not have been in bed long before Isabel, if at all.

I was not questioning when Sergio went to bed, or whether he should have offered a story instead of food, although that's all very interesting too. Rather, I was commenting on the fact that the brevity and content of the conversation between Sergio and Isabel gives perspective of how much "earlier" Becky went to bed than Isabel. In essence, they went to bed right around the same time, with Becky being in bed maybe a minute or three before Isa, but probably not yet asleep.

As you said, within a few minutes of her braids being done, Isa was off to bed. That doesn't put Becky in bed until, at most, the few minutes that it took Isa to get into her bed.

Piecing it all together, I agree with earlier speculation that Mom probably braided Isa's hair while they were in the parents bedroom. Mom was probably in bed about to go to sleep, and she braided her daughters hair, and kissed her good night.

Then Isa probably went and said Goodnight to her Dad, who was maybe in the kitchen, since he offered her a snack, and she was tired and went to her room. It is perfectly normal for a 6 yr old to go into her room and go to sleep by herself, but it is weird that they kept reporting that she was "PUT TO BED" by her parents.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of the confusion surrounding the baby Lisa bedtime saga. Sadly.

I wonder if any abductor ever let the child go because she is beautiful.

It might have played a part in why she is missing in the first place.

:thankyou: x100! :cow: :moo: When people say stuff like that it just grates on my nerves.:moo: :cow: I try really hard to get over it because of course he thinks his daughter is beautiful and I know he meant no disrespect by it.

Soon we will have an answer if this is JM or another Uncle.

I hope so and then their will be one confirmed fact in this case. Unless it justs opens up more questions. eek.

Should be there.

IMO, I don't think someone from the family would say they are a relative and go on national TV to be seen and not be a relative. This would disgrace the entire family.

JVM has video of uncle...looks like a different one?

Different uncle than the one who was the family spokesman.

IMO, I don't think someone from the family would say they are a relative and go on national TV to be seen and not be a relative. This would disgrace the entire family.

Yes, but the family could consider him an uncle, without it being biologically true.

Yes, but the family could consider him an uncle, without it being biologically true.

True, but they should not call themselves an uncle on national tv unless they really are. imo

True, but they should not call themselves an uncle on national tv unless they really are. imo

I agree, but I wouldn't really expect a certain uncle of mine to say "uncle" when we were really raised as cousins. Without the family dynamics explained it is hard to tell.

Why is JVM doing that terrible animation with Isa's photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx