AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I saw the neighbor's window and it is at least a distance of 5 feet to their wall and then they have a backyard beyond that.

But anyway she said the two men talking were on her side of the wall not in the Celis's backyard.

IMO

Yes about 5ft or so from the wall and then from the wall to Isabels window is about the same distance if not less. This is where she heard mens voices. I don't believe she looked to see what side of the wall they were on....I think she assumed they were on Isabels side of the wall if I'm not mistaken. The Celis backyard wall runs along the back ally/street, not the neighbors bedroom window.

I dont think anyone really knows the scoop, I think some people have started to do some math based on some things that are known and a few things that are not and have come up with some pretty intriguing numbers as a result.

I think I need my de-coder ring so that I can really understand your post.:floorlaugh:

Exactly and a lot of people thinks he is a drama queen so if he set this all up why wasnt he overly dramatic...screaming and crying if he is the guilty party?

While Sergio is different... I dont think he had one thing to do with his daughter's disappearance.

Why would he put himself the closest to Isa's room that night when he made the 911 call if he was the gulity culprit? Doesnt make one bit of sense to me.

IMO

This may be the first time we've ever agreed on anything!

I thought the same thing. I think if he were faking it (and with a lot of other cases where the caller is the perp), he would have been overly dramatic. My family is all pretty calm during crises so I'm not as bothered by how he sounds as others seem to be. I am somewhat though. I'd have to also say it was weird that he placed himself so close to where Isa was sleeping.

I'm almost equally as bothered though by the brother and RC - I know it's her own child, but being a pediatric nurse (?) I'd think she could have had more composure since her daughter's life depends on the info they give to find her and the timeliness of it. She seemed overly dramatic and almost unintelligible because of it, to me, but some people get that way. I'd have to listen again to hear when she started really ramping up. Wasn't she told they were already on their way, etc.? And, why did the brother have the neighbor call anyway?

I'm not sure either why more people aren't concerned that RC was actually up and about before anyone else. I wonder if this was flipped if they would see that as a mark against SC?

I don't know, after listening to the calls, I still have no idea what to think. My only thought, and perhaps a bad one is perhaps SC started thinking the eldest knew something and was confronting him about that or visa versa.

Perhaps I am just playing the devil's advocate here...

So is the theory that Isa was taken for an unpaid debt, and the family holding out for the highest MSM bidder viable?

Yes. But maybe not in such a way that most assume?

Trying to read in between your lines here.. but like 'in such a way' that Sergio sold/gave Isabel to someone, to somehow profit from it?

Well, mom drives a Lexus and they live in a half million dollar home and there has been a warning to be careful about donating to the family. And Dad didn't sound worried or seem worried his 10 yr was out of his sight.
Dad scamming for money? Hiding the child?
Or Dad may have killed his daughter.

The theory that SC had drug ties is no secret (Rumor)

I havent been following this thread closely enough-that is interesting.

I listened to that call-SC reminds me of my wonderful ex-husband the coke head. Once, he was gone all night. Came rushing into the house at the crack of dawn, said he needed the title to the car. I was like "WTF you talking about" He just said " I need it now-give it to me". So I did. He went outside, and I peeked out the window as he got into the car with some LOVELY characters while one of them drvoe our car away. I never saw that car again.. :( Got rid of the husband immediately after that.

Spit it out Mr. Public Defender

(Call me 'Sparry' Night tonight lol)

LOl I want to clarify I am not a PD, I work for myself, I do not represent anyone but my own opinion, I have no inside information and I do not know the family everything I have heard has come from people just like you all, regular people. Some of them do seem very credible though, I wouldnt mention anything if they didnt.

I guess it's still possible that someone inside the larger family structure (to include uncles/aunts/cousins) could somehow be involved as part of some abduction. Then again, I have no knowledge of who could have gone into the home in the wee hours that this crime allegedly occurred.

While it seems far-fetched, I guess it's not completely impossible.

I dont know. Its been almost a month and they have had these calls for weeks now.

But he sure is putting himself close to Isa room and I cannot comprehend why he would do that if he was the guilty party. It seems he would have made sure he was at the other end of the home far away from Isa's room.

IMO

I have heard of guilty parties doing this on a number of occasions: "Well I don't know how someone was able to break in and kill her. There was no sign of forced entry." or, "I don't know how anyone could take her out of here. Everything was locked." Sometimes they do it because they know the evidence will back that up so they think if they bring up the improbability of the situation first, it will seem like they are just as baffled and are innocent, because a guilty party would not do that.

In this case, Sergio knew he was not sleeping in the room with his wife for at least part of the night, so he was right outside of her room. He knew he had to admit that his whereabouts could not be verified, so maybe he was trying to verify them. He also knew it would be unlikely he would not hear anything if he was just on the other wall. So, he had to bring that up right away to avoid a situation where he was confronted about it.

Question, did he say whether or what time he went to bed? If so, how did he know that whatever happened to Isa, happened before then, when he was still in the living room? Why would he assume that?

Exactly and a lot of people thinks he is a drama queen so if he set this all up why wasnt he overly dramatic...screaming and crying if he is the guilty party?

While Sergio is different... I dont think he had one thing to do with his daughter's disappearance.

Why would he put himself the closest to Isa's room that night when he made the 911 call if he was the gulity culprit? Doesnt make one bit of sense to me.

IMO

He may have realized too late that he sounded too clam for the situation and realized he needed to amp up the emotion.

Ok, I am listening to it right now. "THUD" I fall off the fence.

He's chuckling in some points, he goes into too much detail and he sounds nervous at times to me.

I feel sick to my stomach right now.

IMO

Me too. I cannot defend Sergio anymore. I could excuse his earlier behavior as just his personality, the eyes closing, the lack of visible tears, the slightly odd affect, seemed like Elizabeth Smart's dad. Did not really cause alarm bells to clang. But this call is the icing on the cake when we combine LE's obvious focus, the CPS action recently and the fact that while they do happen, stranger abductions are rare from bedrooms.

I really felt they did not fit the demographic and gave them the benefit of the doubt. I had a good feeling someone else was involved. Now this, along with the fact that the gate was locked so they had to go back over the fence with Isa (unless they had a key), which we hard in Becky's call, and Houston, we have a problem.

I'm a fan of Occam's Razor. And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Conspiracy theories may work on 'X-files,' but in real life? Nahhhh.
images

I'm with you. I can be open, but this is likely a case of a dad deciding to molest his kid and then killing her because she threatens to tell. I really wished that was not the case. I hope it's not.

Trying to read in between your lines here.. but like 'in such a way' that Sergio sold/gave Isabel to someone, to somehow profit from it?

I have never heard that no.

LOl I want to clarify I am not a PD, I work for myself, I do not represent anyone but my own opinion, I have no inside information and I do not know the family everything I have heard has come from people just like you all, regular people. Some of them do seem very credible though, I wouldnt mention anything if they didnt.

If what you have is a theory, why not share it? That is what WS is for, really...JMO

hmmmm.... I have to concur that it sounds alot like he is calling 911 as a formality and being very matter of fact. It's very odd how laid back he is about the situation at hand. He seems to lack any sort of emotional value and a paranoid stance by giving a sort of alibi in the initial call. If its not benzo's or xanax then maybe he is on a twacker come down. Yeah he says he fell asleep watching the ballgame but was he maybe up all night up to no good. These are just things we really don't know but for certain he lacks any form of concern for the missing daughter and more concerned with where he was and not to mention the fact that he does not appear to even know details about his own daughter like her height or eye color, which is strange for someone who say's 'just look at her' obviously he hasn't payed much attention to 'looking at her'.. BUT then too... he works in the dental field where there are stressful situations where technicians stay calm and relaxed.. still, I just can't get over how he sounds as if he is just ordering take out and how he does not exhibit any sense of urgency.
Another thing I thought about concerning that morning is the male voices heard by neighbor... could it have been the trash men in the alley talking ??? What time was the trash pick-up if anyone knows ? I also know from working telecom in Phoenix those 6' foot high block walls might be easy to climb over but how do you do it with a kid in tow ? 'IF' this was an abduction you would think it would have required two people, one in the alley and one in the yard to hand the kid over the wall. Unless there is a rear gate that was unlocked which is possible if they had alley pickup for trash. Also those trash alleys are dirt so one would think there would be shoe prints on the alley side of the wall.
Another theory all-be-it kinda out there is that since they are fairly close to the 33rd parallel north that is was an Alien abduction. Highly doubt it BUT it is the 33rd Parallel and stranger things like that have been known to happen.

The timing of the trash pickup has been an issue for me since the landfill searches were announced. *MY* trash pickup is on Thursday, as is the recycling. Both are done in the afternoon. I did consider that perhaps the Celis family used a private company to haul their trash, but during a TPD press conference that day I heard a reporter ask the chief or Pacheco (I can't remember which now) about the Saturday trash pickup. The reporter said they had checked with every public and private trash company and none do pickups on Saturdays. I'm sorry that I don't have a link to that or anything tangible to illustrate my point. This is ALL just my opinion. I'm only sharing what I remember from that and how it completely baffled me. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chala