AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little concerned about the prior CPS call, it may not have been directly about Isa, but if she was part of that family, and lived inside that home, she was at the least indirectly involved.

Since Becky is an RN and as such a mandated CPS reporter, it could be she was the one who called CPS to her home. Maybe she was concerned about a kid in the neighborhood.

The thing that worries me is this type of attitude will make people, who may have very good ideas or local info, not want to post here. It's just as easy to be polite as it is to be rude. And I hope I have not been rude to anyone. The goal here is to find anything that could help find Isa. It's been done before here and maybe it can be done for Isa.

Oh no, the head-banging smilie...I apologize if I've offended anyone with my (frequent over)use of it. :( I never thought about it from you particular perspective...I just realized that I use it a lot because I'm so often frustrated with the brain drain I'm feeling by the time I get here most days. I'm so sorry.

I'm half afraid to state something that I remember wrong lol, but, on the 911 call, I thought that Sergio said the younger one was waiting in the garage from mom to return home from work.

Yes, I thought he said 'my ten year old is in the garage..my wife'-I thought it sounded like he was saying he was 'with his wife'. It was hard to tell because it kept cutting out on me.

English language learners struggle with "we" and "I". Isn't that one of the very first things taught? I'm surprised that singular and plural on personal pronouns is on of the hardest aspects of the English Language.

Maybe possessive pronouns but personal 1st person pronouns?

English is not my native language (obviously), but I've never had issues with pronouns.
I don't recall other students having that issue so I'm a bit surprised. I mostly had problems with prepositions, I know I still make mistakes with those.
I'm not bilingual, so I can't compare but when I'm tired/stressed/angry I tend to mix up languages more and make stupid mistakes, especially when I talk.

This case is really confusing me, I really can't decide what to think about the parents. Sergio is not in a great position, yet I don't feel he hurt Isa.
I just know that every time I see Isa's pictures, I feel so depressed thinking that such cute little face might never be seen again.

Yeah, I use head-bangy icon lots too, lol. It's an easy one to remember the code for, and does such a good job of expressing frustration. :blush:

:waitasec: If he's such a great father, why has Sergio been denied contact with his sons? Something stinks - besides the new mulch that DH spread in our shrub beds last night and this morning :D
TPD already answered that question, IIRC it was something to the effect that he needed time alone to cool off and calm down.

Does anyone have the link to the presser that a poster posted the other day all typed out and transcribed, I cant find it but they seemed to allude to the no contact thing being about Sergio needing time away from everyone to cool off and calm down and they also said not to read too much in to it i.e. him being abusive, on drugs etc etc.

A poster the other day posted that whole presser all typed out, it was nice and handy but I cant find it now, anyone remember that?

"My husband's a great father who loves his boys, who loves his daughter. He's a great husband, a great father. At the end of the day when she comes home, everybody's questions will be answered," Celis told ABC affiliate KGUN.

OK, then. Becky sounds very sure that Isabel will come home and that everyone will then understand what happened. So, where is the little girl and with whom? Why is she not home where she belongs? WTF!!

Sounds like Baez,When this is all done you will all say "now I understand"
:banghead:

The thing that worries me is this type of attitude will make people, who may have very good ideas or local info, not want to post here. It's just as easy to be polite as it is to be rude. And I hope I have not been rude to anyone. The goal here is to find anything that could help find Isa. It's been done before here and maybe it can be done for Isa.

I agree. I am a long-time poster, I haven't posted here for quite a while, but I've been a member of Websleuths for YEARS. I'm pretty darn confident in my intelligence, honesty and credibility. But I have to admit, when I was being challenged about a detail in a post I made (and I couldn't back it up) and then other posters mentioned "knowing that certain posters are/n't credible", I wondered if the post(s) were directed at me. Had I been a newbie, having a bad day, feeling insecure or otherwise, I may have just left the forum right then and there. However, I decided that the posts WEREN'T about *me* :D and here I am.

Let's not chase posters away by being rude. Also, please everyone take my humor with a grain of salt. If I didn't crack a joke here and there, I'd be a bawling mess on the ground, unable to cope with the injustice of all of these missing children and broken hearted families!

Oh no, the head-banging smilie...I apologize if I've offended anyone with my (frequent over)use of it. :( I never thought about it from you particular perspective...I just realized that I use it a lot because I'm so often frustrated with the brain drain I'm feeling by the time I get here most days. I'm so sorry.

No worries! I think we are all pretty nice people, and we all get frustrated, but I think the frustration is coming from the fact that we WANT so much more information, that in itself is very frustrating to me!! :)

I think I will try and ask AZlawyer to pop in and explain about the DCF action.

TPD already answered that question, IIRC it was something to the effect that he needed time alone to cool off and calm down.

Does anyone have the link to the presser that a poster posted the other day all typed out and transcribed, I cant find it but they seemed to allude to the no contact thing being about Sergio needing time away from everyone to cool off and calm down and they also said not to read too much in to it i.e. him being abusive, on drugs etc etc.

A poster the other day posted that whole presser all typed out, it was nice and handy but I cant find it now, anyone remember that?

Not a transcript but this might have what you're looking for:

"In the course of some interviews that occurred at the end of last week, some information was brought forward that we felt it was necessary to consult with Child Protective Services," said Chief Villasenor. "What was told to us, based on that, they consulted with our detectives as well as with family members, and a voluntary agreement was reached between Child Protective Services and the parents to restrict access, voluntary, for Sergio to get some space and distance from the older children of the Celis family. We really can't talk about other details about that at this point."
During questioning, Chief Villasenor reiterated that he would not comment on what caused the voluntary separation.

From the Kvoa full coverage site. http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

I am pretty sure Becky is correct, once this is all over with a lot of these questions will be answered. I can think of a few particular posters who, IMO were getting pretty close to the truth and it seems that one of those posters is no longer with us for some strange reason.:sick:

We have lost posters?! :what:

Wow. I know I've been gone a lot, but I just haven't seen anyone post anything that would cause them to go poof! Probably that's a testament to our wonderful mods who clean up the threads so quickly. :)

By now in most cases I have a very strong opinion about one or both the parents but with this one I do not. It is driving me mad. I'm jumping from no parent involvement to getting that feeling of them covering up an accident. I will say one that from the beginning I got the feeling of they were both on the same side. Meaning they either both guilty or both innocent of wrong doing. This fence is not comfy.

Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lunsford, Danielle Van Dam, Polly Klaas.

All taken from their bed. And each one's parents were hung out to dry.

This is such a meaningful post and I'm bumping it. I also admit to feeling bullied on occasion. It's the one-up-man-ship feeling I get when my opinion is blasted to smitherines. LOL This isn't a place for sissies. :seeya:

Bullies suck!

Thank you! I do think we need to dissect, rehash, rethink, debate etc. the theories...it's a giant online brainstorming session! However, all input is valuable. (Some of it is just a teensy bit more valuable than others, imo.)

Since Becky is an RN and as such a mandated CPS reporter, it could be she was the one who called CPS to her home. Maybe she was concerned about a kid in the neighborhood.

CPS representatives would not discuss the case. Tucson police Lt. Fabian Pacheco confirmed the department was aware of the CPS visit to the Celis home but said he did not know the circumstances.

Officials with CPS and the Tucson Police Department recently said the child-welfare agency had been involved in the case since Isabel was reported missing on April 21. But Wednesday morning, Pacheco said investigators were aware CPS had made contact with the family much earlier.

"The earlier case, we are aware of that," Pacheco said. "I don't know if they were open or closed, but there were previous CPS contacts."

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_8a0e22a3-f9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html
What you say is certainly a viable possibility.

My question is, does TPD know the reason CPS was at the home? If they only know that contact was made and not what it was regarding, I feel it was inappropriate to bring that info to the public. IMO, they were directly pointing at SC. Very subtle move on their part.

ETA- I know officially TPD is saying they do not know the details of the earlier CPS contact, but I don't believe that is true, I think they know why, MOO.

WS is part of the public in following cases. A segment that is discussing it on a forum for such discussions, but unless I'm mistaken, no one here is a member of the Celis investigation team (TPD, CPS, or FBI).

As such, everything said is either repeating what has been published or said elsewhere in MSM OR is speculation based on whatever inspires speculation and theories.

The public makes conclusions which may or may not be accurate. We make conclusions which may or may not be accurate.

In the end, cases get solved and litigated by the people who are working the case, inside the investigative agencies. Not by the public's favorite game of guesswork.

BBM

Well, I have a story about that. In 2009 (I was a member here under the name 'Shelby') there was a baby missing named Shannon Dedrick. Her babysitters name was Susan Elizabeth Baker. That name looked farmiliar to one of our posters, this woman had been a suspect in the disappearance of her 3 year old stepson, Paul, in 1987. LE was contacted and the baby was found, alive thank god, in a wooden box under her bed. She was in good health. Paul was never found.

Ok, off to my day job (Super Mommy). :hero:

If anyone has any questions for me or requests, I am happy to go back and take more pics or whatever. Maybe the locals can meet up at 5 guys, then form an information posse. (It's hard to observe whilst safely driving, fyi.) Gali, Paxi, Pieper, BWilson? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove