AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is possible but not if the visit had anything to do with his wife and children. If another family was staying with them then CPS could have visited that family at their address or the Celis' did not live there at that time. IMOO

Well then why ould they tell Sergio he cant see his children???? If it wasnt him?????

Something happened and its a big enuff deal to keep him from his kids and its not cause of what maybe someone else in his house did.

Excellent, that's what I wanted. I love 1 & 2 and the speculation is good too. So basically, if that specuation could happen, and mom was the only one home at the time, do you then feel that Sergio as father would ALSO eventually be contacted?

May or may not be pertinent, however... My father had legal guardianship over my nephew here in Tucson. My nephew was repeatedly busted for weed and other offenses (many on school property), was on probation, intensive probation, etc., etc. I tossed his room one afternoon because I knew he was selling. I called PCSO to witness and remove the drugs, etc. There were at least two other incidents with the probation department as well finding weed on him/him under the influence. CPS was never involved. This went on for years and culminated in my nephew serving over a year at Catalina State (juvenile facility) for another series of weed-related crimes. CPS never got involved for the weed charges. Only when my father rescinded guardianship did CPS step up. They had no choice.

May be purely anecdotal and not the norm here in Tucson. By the way, same nephew has since been arrested at least 3 times in California for selling and served additional jail time. For those who feel that weed isn't a problem, I give you my nephew.

I don't know if the December CPS visit has anything to do with Isabel being missing.

But, in my humble opinion, the greater problem for me is that Sergio has been requested by CPS to have no contact with his other children. That is happening now.

Not really. The persons name who makes a CPS report is confidential. After the initial contact with the accused and the family is made aware of the allegations the reporters name leaves the file (in my state).

I think it means that Sergio was never contacted by CPS prior to this month. Also since LE said the CPS visit at their current address did NOT involve Isabel, then it did not involve SC, RC, or the 2 boys either. Soooo, either someoneelse was living with them OR they did not live there in December.

Whether or not his name is on a record does not preclude him from having made contact. That's all I am saying we can deduce IF the sister's statement is in fact 100% truthful. All the rest is just conjecture... like so much of this case.

It doesnt suprise me. I have always thought if they weren't an Hispanic family the drug cartel speculation wouldnt have entered the speculation.

IMO

That's not necessarily true at all for me, it was the talk about it and the situation from locals. At the point where I really entered Isa's case hasn't been that very long ago, so I missed a lot. I kept reading and the more I read and began researching a few things, then I came to that teetering point on my fence that it COULD be a possibility.

May or may not be pertinent, however... My father had legal guardianship over my nephew here in Tucson. My nephew was repeatedly busted for weed and other offenses (many on school property), was on probation, intensive probation, etc., etc. I tossed his room one afternoon because I knew he was selling. I called PCSO to witness and remove the drugs, etc. There were at least two other incidents with the probation department as well finding weed on him/him under the influence. CPS was never involved. This went on for years and culminated in my nephew serving over a year at Catalina State (juvenile facility) for another series of weed-related crimes. CPS never got involved for the weed charges. Only when my father rescinded guardianship did CPS step up. They had no choice.

May be purely anecdotal and not the norm here in Tucson. By the way, same nephew has since been arrested at least 3 times in California for selling and served additional jail time. For those who feel that weed isn't a problem, I give you my nephew.

Let me ask you this, was it just weed or was alcohol or another drug also involved?

It doesnt suprise me. I have always thought if they weren't an Hispanic family the drug cartel speculation wouldnt have entered the speculation.

IMO

This makes me so sad. Holding fingertips. No head-wall emoticon, either.

Pass the hamentaschen! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mentioned pate earlier today (or last night), and I'll have you know that I make killer chicken liver pate. Serve with matzoh. Mazel Tov!

I'm telling you, that is really odd. I suppose some people can't handle weed because they are allergic to it, or some such thing.

No, in his case he's lazy and greedy, sad to say. He sells. That has always been his aspiration -- livin' the gangsta life hustling herb. Oh, and buying a pimped out Escalade.

No, in his case he's lazy and greedy, sad to say. He sells. That has always been his aspiration -- livin' the gangsta life hustling herb. Oh, and buying a pimped out Escalade.

Wow is he gonna hit rock bottom sometime and he's not going to understand it at all. Maybe after a stint in jail and another in rehab he might begin to wake up. So sorry this has happened to him, and the family.

Why
I had not seen The Today Show. So apparently "a law enforcement source" told NBC that it was a minor incident. And the other source about Sergio/CPS/December is the sister.

I thought Becky's face was interesting when Sergio said the "k" word ("kidnapped, kidnapped") at about the 1:25 mark. She's looking down and sideways. I try to convince myself that Becky's not a party to this "abduction", but, alas, she too sets off my hinky meter over the top of the scale. http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47473660#47473660

But you all have probably hashed this out already!

I have given up trying to figure out what happened that night. I have no doubt that both Becky and Sergio are involved and responsible (perhaps one more than the other, but both are in deep). I don't think they thought this would become such a huge media story, but I do think they were prepared for a long term "wait it out" period.

I also have a ton of confidence that LE is onto them and has a plan and is working it as best they can. Some of their moves have been outstanding. I know I can't be privy to what they know, and I'm cool with that - it's the way it has to be while they do their thing.

But I find some consolation in that I don't think Isabel is suffering in a "tortured" type of way. I believe she is alive and with someone who is caring for her or that she has been killed. I go back and forth between those 2 scenarios since the parents do not and have never acted like people whose child has been kidnapped. They have consistently, from the first day, said things and behaved in ways that were completely incompatible with that scenario. BUT, the fact that they hid out of sight for a week leaves the possibility open, in my mind, that Isa could be dead at the hands of them or someone they know, because that's when Becky said she curled up and cried. And Sergio had to tell her she "had to get up and show up" at the softball game and other public gigs. If Isa is dead, I think Becky only had that week to mourn before having to go into this act.

But I'm 50/50. No way do I buy the stranger abduction, sex predator, random type crime. If she's alive, I hope Isa's not too afraid or homesick.

I think we will all be surprised when this is solved. And I feel confident that it will be.

And that performance of Ave Maria? :puke:

I loved how he sang Ava Maria. It brought tears to my eyes and I am not Catholic.

I have no evidence that either of them are involved in their daughters disappearance. I will wait on the evidence to point me in the right direction.

Why would you be surprised when this is solved? You already stated that you have no doubt that Sergio and Becky are involved.:waitasec: Are you saying it will not be them...sorry you have lost me on that part of your post.

I dont have the confidence you do about TPD. From what the locals have said the Sheriff's department has a much better track record in solving cases. Imo, all they have is their own opinions and cases aren't brought to trial or won on pure speculation..thank goodness.

I have no clue who took Isa from her home or whether she is dead or alive. There has been nothing that shows what happened to her or who did it.

I would rather she be like Elizabeth Smart who was thought to be dead too just like they thought Shawn or Jacee was.

Now I know there is a chance that she may never be found. Arizona, Jimmy Hendrickson was abducted 21 years ago and LE still does not know what happened to him or who took him.

So while I respect your opinion and do understand what you are saying..........I am going to wait until the actual evidence comes forth. I have found that just works much better for me than assuming guilt based on just speculation. That is what I have done for many years now concerning other missing children and I havent ever regretted doing that. It worked out very well and I am very comfortable with my opinion I hold in this case as of now as well.

I wonder if it is possible the December activity is being downplayed, if it is, due to the fact that no action was taken, when maybe it should have been, especially now in light of a missing child. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorthernMIguy